What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

Lost in a dream I think it's called is a good album. Especially good to listen to whilst driving.

I've been listening to their latest album A Deeper Understanding to begin with but I will definitely give that a listen.

I find their stuff quite melancholic and uplifting at the same time. You're right about the driving, the expansive sound fits it perfectly.

bringbackrattles

Last night on BBC 4 they showed an old show of the Old Grey Whistle Test, it was focused on the 70's. Some great acts on, Johnny Winter doing Jumpin Jack Flash was brilliant, Captain Beefheart, Patti Smith, The Jam, and many more. Loved The Old Grey Whistle Test.

clint van damme

I have found out in the last couple of days via 6music that Blondies hanging on the telephone was cover and that I fought the law by the Clash was also a cover by Bobby Fuller whose version I assumed was the Original. Every day's a school day as they say.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have found out in the last couple of days via 6music that Blondies hanging on the telephone was cover and that I fought the law by the Clash was also a cover by Bobby Fuller whose version I assumed was the Original. Every day's a school day as they say.
I had a short conversation with Debbie Harry at the NEC a few years back. I didn't realise it was her at the time!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Right the good lady has gone on Spotify and found the Dale Winston disco diva playlist . It’s bloody brilliant ( have had a beer )

Pointer sisters
Gloria gaynor
Diana Ross
Maxine nightingale

She’s had a bottle of Prosecco so she’ll be asleep soon and I can put the Dubliners back on

:emoji_relaxed:
And then stoned love by the supremes comes on

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You're the 2nd person I know who's met her any neither of you thought to fix us up .
I'm a little disappointed mate!
You wouldn't want to know her Clint! When I met her she looked really haggard. That's why I didn't realise who it was! I was working for Fed-Ex at the time and amongst my deliveries was a small box about 12" x 12" square, addressed to "Blondie Productions", Hall 6, NEC. I found my way to the door which had a fair few people outside. (I just thought they were waiting to have their hair done!) I actually thought "Blondie Productions" was a hair dressing thing! Anyway, I was let in through the door by a burly bloke. I went inside the hall and just looked lost! As I'm standing looking for where I needed to deliver this box, an old looking woman approached me and said (in a Yank accent), "Need some help, Honey?" I replied, "Yeah, I'm looking for "Blondie Productions". She pointed to her left and said, "Just take it through that small door on the left. One of the crew will take it from you." I thanked her and made the delivery. On my way out, I said to the big bloke by the exit, "Why are all these people gawping through every time the door opens?" ""They're hoping to catch a glimpse of Debbie Harry." I was a bit taken back, now thinking it maybe wasn't a hairdresser's conference after all! Looking at the puzzled expression on my face, he then said, "That was her who showed you where to go!"
Exit, one embarrassed Fed-Ex bloke!

bringbackrattles

You wouldn't want to know her Clint! When I met her she looked really haggard. That's why I didn't realise who it was! I was working for Fed-Ex at the time and amongst my deliveries was a small box about 12" x 12" square, addressed to "Blondie Productions", Hall 6, NEC. I found my way to the door which had a fair few people outside. (I just thought they were waiting to have their hair done!) I actually thought "Blondie Productions" was a hair dressing thing! Anyway, I was let in through the door by a burly bloke. I went inside the hall and just looked lost! As I'm standing looking for where I needed to deliver this box, an old looking woman approached me and said (in a Yank accent), "Need some help, Honey?" I replied, "Yeah, I'm looking for "Blondie Productions". She pointed to her left and said, "Just take it through that small door on the left. One of the crew will take it from you." I thanked her and made the delivery. On my way out, I said to the big bloke by the exit, "Why are all these people gawping through every time the door opens?" ""They're hoping to catch a glimpse of Debbie Harry." I was a bit taken back, now thinking it maybe wasn't a hairdresser's conference after all! Looking at the puzzled expression on my face, he then said, "That was her who showed you where to go!"
Exit, one embarrassed Fed-Ex bloke!
Me and a mate went to the Aston Villa leisure centre some years back to see Deborah Harry and her band, she was no longer known as Blondie. I was expecting a gig of mainly pop music, and only went as my mate had a spare ticket. Was surprised and delighted to see her perform 2 hours of loud heavy rock music.
The place was rocking and she came back on again for an ovation, she was that good.

Gazolba

Helen Shapiro - "It Might As Well Rain Until September":

Sky_Blue_Daz

These lads are touring the U.K. in December I’m currently trying to convince the wife that we should go to the Manchester date

bringbackrattles

A customer of mine who's also a rock music fan, borrows me CDs and latest one is The Very Best Of Cream. 20 tracks featuring songs like : I Feel Free - Sunshine of Your Love - White Room - Badge - and many more. What a band they were.

Gazolba

Badfinger - "Baby Blue":

Gazolba

On Youtube, there's this guy called Fil from a band called Wings of Pegasus, that reviews videos of other artists.
He's really knowledgeable and insightful. A guitarist reviewing other guitarists.
It's worth taking a look at his reviews. Here's a sample one.

Users who are viewing this thread