What are you currently listening to? (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

"Nashville Cats"
Fantastic rendition of this John Sebastian song.
Tony Jackson on lead vocals.
With John Sebastian, Vince Gill, Steve Cropper, Paul Franklin, Billy Thomas and Glen Worf:

Last edited:

Gazolba

John Sebastian (solo) - "Nashville Cats" in 2017.
At 73 years old, his voice is fading but his guitar playing is still magical.

Last edited:

Mcbean

Best version ever of "I Heard it Through The Grapevine" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. 11 minutes of music genius! Check out the bass.

The guitar sound is mesmerising there’s a couple of other similar tracks that have the same effect on me - long versions of classic tracks , oddly Bill Withers -ain’t no sunshine and Steve Millers Fly like an Eagle - I have these on my iPod but dont know the source so difficult to identify - whoever I hear them it’s full volume and a relaxing interlude !

bringbackrattles

Best version ever of "I Heard it Through The Grapevine" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. 11 minutes of music genius! Check out the bass.

Just turned on Planet Rock and they've just played it the full 11 minutes ! What an awesome cover absolutely love it.
First time I've heard it and I'm now going on YouTube to listen to it again. Awesome track !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just turned on Planet Rock and they've just played it the full 11 minutes ! What an awesome cover absolutely love it.
First time I've heard it and I'm now going on YouTube to listen to it again. Awesome track !
I'm surprised you hadn't come across it before BBR. I heard it years ago and it's always been one of my favourite tracks. It's stored to play on my pc, phone and car!

bringbackrattles

I'm surprised you hadn't come across it before BBR. I heard it years ago and it's always been one of my favourite tracks. It's stored to play on my pc, phone and car!
I meant not that full 11 minutes. I heard the short version years ago. Been listening to it on YouTube, brilliant.
Long tracks have to be good or you get bored halfway through, there's a ten minute track by Iron Maiden called When The Wild Wind Blows, my favourite long song, but overtaken now by Creedence Clearwater Revival !

Gazolba

The Allisons - "Are You Sure?".
Britain's entry into the 1961 Eurovision Song Contest. It came 2nd but should have won.

Gazolba

The Springfields (featuring Dusty Springfield) - "Island of Dreams":

Gazolba

Love - "Gather Round":

Last edited:

Gazolba

Love - "I'm With You":

Sky_Blue_Daz

This afternoon I have mostly been listening to madness and Rattle and hum and the Joshua tree albums

I’m sat in my kitchen doing some course work whilst listening to it, it’s like being a teenager all over again

bringbackrattles

Really constructive afternoon. Went and got train tickets sorted for MKDons match. And picked up some great CDs too in a charity shop and HMV. Best of Motorhead, Genesis live, Queen Rocks - 18 Queen tracks, Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Oasis Live In Concert on DVD. Get in there !

Tommo1993

’Green River’ I like. Read something in a Stephen King book once (either IT or The Stand) that the lyrics at the end of the song, “come home”, have an eerie meaning to them. But I can’t remember what. Anyone have John Fogerty’s number?

Houchens Head

For those of you who enjoyed Peaky Blinders, this is the theme track by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. He's been around for years, I reckon since the early 80's. I used to listen to them years ago. I was chuffed when this was chosen for the theme track.

clint van damme

For those of you who enjoyed Peaky Blinders, this is the theme track by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. He's been around for years, I reckon since the early 80's. I used to listen to them years ago. I was chuffed when this was chosen for the theme track.

Have you heard his new album H?
Like his previous album a lot of it references the grief he's experienced since the death of his son, some of it is so raw it's heart breaking.

Mcbean

Discovered an old compilation - live tribute to Jim Capaldi album called Dear Mr Fantasy - got some great guitar solos on it from the 70s - took me off to sleep nicely last night ! if it’s your bag well worth a listen - will have a look for a YouTube link

bringbackrattles

’Green River’ I like. Read something in a Stephen King book once (either IT or The Stand) that the lyrics at the end of the song, “come home”, have an eerie meaning to them. But I can’t remember what. Anyone have John Fogerty’s number?
There's a famous serial killer in America who was called The Green River killer, so maybe the song is a reference to him ?

bringbackrattles

Possibly. I googled it and found nothing, I ain’t trawling through the books again, I’ll try and forget it!
Found out the real meaning. Fogerty as a kid liked to play at a creek in his home town. He wrote the song about it and called it Green River instead of its real name. His favourite drink as a kid was a syrup soda pop called Green River. He thought it would give the record a Bayou feel etc. So nothing to do with murder or evil doings then !

Tommo1993

Found out the real meaning. Fogerty as a kid liked to play at a creek in his home town. He wrote the song about it and called it Green River instead of its real name. His favourite drink as a kid was a syrup soda pop called Green River. He thought it would give the record a Bayou feel etc. So nothing to do with murder or evil doings then !

King might have just referred to the two words in that song for something. They might not even have a special background

Houchens Head

Have you heard his new album H?
Like his previous album a lot of it references the grief he's experienced since the death of his son, some of it is so raw it's heart breaking.
I haven't Clint. I will be definitely looking for it! Cheers!

fellatio_Martinez

Great band. I love their sound.

I was in New York in August. We landed and got to our hotel which was up the road from Radio City Music Hall. I took a walk down the street and could see loads of trucks and buses parked outside it. I then looked up at the venue signs and saw that John Fogerty was playing that night!

It was sold out but I chanced my arm and went into the ticket office and asked if there was any spares. It turned out that two people had just cancelled and I could buy their tickets.

It was a great show and I still can't quite believe how much luck and coincidence played a part.

Mcbean

Discovered an old compilation - live tribute to Jim Capaldi album called Dear Mr Fantasy - got some great guitar solos on it from the 70s - took me off to sleep nicely last night ! if it’s your bag well worth a listen - will have a look for a YouTube link
- Slow hand just handy on this version

bringbackrattles

Been playing the Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival and it's great to hear tracks I haven't heard for years. Such as Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Born On The Bayou, Susie Q, and a few more. I've noticed they kept most of their tracks short, then again I bet that was more from record companies back then, as records were often short in time.

fellatio_Martinez

Been playing the Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival and it's great to hear tracks I haven't heard for years. Such as Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Born On The Bayou, Susie Q, and a few more. I've noticed they kept most of their tracks short, then again I bet that was more from record companies back then, as records were often short in time.

I've been enjoying this a lot recently. It makes me feel like a redneck, in a good way!

Users who are viewing this thread