What are you currently listening to? (11 Viewers)

mrtrench

I just gave this a listen. 1/10 - bloody awful!

There's lots of stories about this song - it's full of metaphor but it's basically a polemic against Waters.

When REM played a gig some years back, Waters went back stage and was ignored by Michael Stipe, who then came out for an encore alone and played it to let Waters know what he thought of him. David Gilmour has covered it too - and many others that dislike Waters... who seems to spend his time nowadays filming himself ranting antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
There's lots of stories about this song - it's full of metaphor but it's basically a polemic against Waters.

When REM played a gig some years back, Waters went back stage and was ignored by Michael Stipe, who then came out for an encore alone and played it to let Waters know what he thought of him. David Gilmour has covered it too - and many others that dislike Waters... who seems to spend his time nowadays filming himself ranting antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Wow! Michael Stipe! I bow to your superior love of music! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Grendel

I just thought you might be interested... there's no need to get snarky.

Given he’s tried to boast he lives near Toyah Wilcox it’s a bit of a mystery

Kneeza

The Kinks are one of my favourite ever bands. Got a triple CD of their songs shows how prolific they were.
Still love 'Village Green' too.
Now I've just spent an hour re-capping and generally servicing my old Rega, and it's doing a consistent 33 and a third again (instead of about 30rpm!) I'll be playing that and quite a few more in the near future.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Podcast recommendation
The reset - Sam Delaney
He’s only done 2 podcasts so far with Shaun Ryder and a guy called Peter Bleksly ( from the tv show hunted )
It’s pretty good , to be fair I’m a fan of Sam Delaney love top flight time machine

clint van damme

Podcast recommendation
The reset - Sam Delaney
He’s only done 2 podcasts so far with Shaun Ryder and a guy called Peter Bleksly ( from the tv show hunted )
It’s pretty good , to be fair I’m a fan of Sam Delaney love top flight time machine

I'll try it out Daz. Got into Mince and TFTM on your recommendations.

bringbackrattles

Great programme on Sky Arts last night featuring Brian Johnson of ACDC going to the States to meet up with his mate Dave Grohl.
Talking about their love of touring vans and of course rock music. Both came across as great blokes, and worth watching if missed.

Kneeza

Great programme on Sky Arts last night featuring Brian Johnson of ACDC going to the States to meet up with his mate Dave Grohl.
Talking about their love of touring vans and of course rock music. Both came across as great blokes, and worth watching if missed.
I might watch, but Johnson (or ACDC) doesn't float my boat.
Grohl, otoh, is always worth a watch.

bringbackrattles

I might watch, but Johnson (or ACDC) doesn't float my boat.
Grohl, otoh, is always worth a watch.
Big fan of ACDC and Foo Fighters myself. Seen ACDC live 3 times but never Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a good talker with great stories, and him and Johnson have been mates for years. Before that was another interesting programme, top drummers of all time. Ginger Baker was my pick, but Buddy Rich came out on top. Like picking best ever footballer or boxer etc, almost impossible, but a great watch nevertheless.

Kneeza

Big fan of ACDC and Foo Fighters myself. Seen ACDC live 3 times but never Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is a good talker with great stories, and him and Johnson have been mates for years. Before that was another interesting programme, top drummers of all time. Ginger Baker was my pick, but Buddy Rich came out on top. Like picking best ever footballer or boxer etc, almost impossible, but a great watch nevertheless.
Seen the drummers one before. Excellent watch. Some amazing performances.

lifeskyblue

Will be recording sky arts final Runrig concert later. Missed the jethro Tull programme earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Will be recording sky arts final Runrig concert later. Missed the jethro Tull programme earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A mate rang me earlier telling me that Jethro Tull are on Sky arts. But seen most of the programmes on them so gave it a miss. Runrig were a band I haven't seen much of, folk rock band if I recall. I like listening to Clannad now and then so imagine Runrig are similar.

xcraigx

It's my favourite time of the week, the wife is happy watching the masked singer and I won't be mithered for an hour or so. Tonight i'm trying to go for obscure stuff i've forgotten about over the years. Quite hard to find something when you don't remember what you're looking for but i've managed to find a couple.

Sbarcher

Watching the recording from Sky Arts of Roger Waters -Us +Them Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread