What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Planet rock just played Emerald /Thin Lizzy followed by Eruption/ Van Halen - solos from Emerald and the whole of Eruption epic !

If these 2 tracks have just been played,that means it's a listener's Rockblock. I've been fortunate enough to have had several rockblocks featured on Planet Rock, and once had Emerald as a chosen track.

chiefdave

Enjoying the new Foo Fighters album. Some reviews having a go as its not radically different to their other albums. Bit unrealistic to expect a sudden change of style on album number 10.

bringbackrattles

Enjoying the new Foo Fighters album. Some reviews having a go as its not radically different to their other albums. Bit unrealistic to expect a sudden change of style on album number 10.
Same thing happened to ACDC new album, some critics having sly digs etc. As long as you enjoy it who gives a toss what they say.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I played 5aside with a few of these lads a couple of years ago , first release in a few years

CanadianCCFC

Discovered the album “Spiderland” by “Splint” a few days ago and I’m honestly blown away. Here’s the last song, which in my mind has quickly become one of the best songs I’ve ever heard.

Kneeza

Country Come to Town, Brother Dege. Love me a bit of National Steel.
(It's quite safe. It's not Country & Western!).

Kneeza

Bought a CD copy of that in Detroit back in the early nineties. It even has the opening zip per the original LP!

D

Deleted member 4439

I borrowed their first album and really gave it a fair play to understand what the fuss was, and I didn't get it - I mean they weren't bad, but...

It didn't help that there was a big fan of theirs at work who was a wanker.

However, there's been a good few times when their stuff has come up on late night radio, and I find myself really getting into their groove (man). I should go back and revisit.

I'm not a massive fan of all their material, but IWBA is just genius. I think this and a few select song just remind me of my childhood and make me so happy to listen to. Greenday's Basketcase is another one. Again not a massive fan of everything but it just takes me back to my teen years.

Kneeza

I borrowed their first album and really gave it a fair play to understand what the fuss was, and I didn't get it - I mean they weren't bad, but...

It didn't help that there was a big fan of theirs at work who was a wanker.

However, there's been a good few times when their stuff has come up on late night radio, and I find myself really getting into their groove (man). I should go back and revisit.
There's a bar named after them in Kardamena, Kos. Always thought it a bit odd. I'll stick to the Garden Bar there, thanks!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyone watching the serpent? This was featured in it. What a track!

I have most, if not all, of Nilsson's albums. This and "A Little Touch of Schmilsson in The Night" have to be my favourites of his. "A Little Touch etc..." is a really chilled out album, perfect for relaxing to, with a nice bottle of wine and laying in front of an open fire (if you have one!), possibly with the missus or whoever you have handy! ;)

Houchens Head

I have most, if not all, of Nilsson's albums. This and "A Little Touch of Schmilsson in The Night" have to be my favourites of his. "A Little Touch etc..." is a really chilled out album, perfect for relaxing to, with a nice bottle of wine and laying in front of an open fire (if you have one!), possibly with the missus or whoever you have handy! ;)
I've just Googled his albums out of interest. I have nowhere near all of them! There have been 47 albums by Nilsson! Far more than I thought!

Houchens Head

I've just Googled his albums out of interest. I have nowhere near all of them! There have been 47 albums by Nilsson! Far more than I thought!
Just going on from this, I actually bought his "Aerial Ballet" album in 1968, at least a year before he was even heard of over here. I bought it on the recommendation from a mate. The film, "Midnight Cowboy", with John Voight and Dustin Hoffman, was released in 1969 and featured the song, "Everybody's Talkin'", taken from "Aerial Ballet". It's still one of my all time favourite albums in my collection, even to this day, 52+ years later!

Users who are viewing this thread