What are you currently listening to? (17 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Oh yes. Also saw Feelgood there post-Wilko, with Steve Walwyn on lead. Southam lad, still touring with the DTs, and a couple more bands including with Horace Panter.
Also saw Johnny Mars there (Mars, not Marr ;) ). Excellent American blues harpist.
A few others too. Good little venue in its day.
Saw the DTs at the Wolfe I'm sure ? Another cracking band. Back then I often drank too much and ended up with the DTs on a few occasions !

Kneeza

Saw the DTs at the Wolfe I'm sure ? Another cracking band. Back then I often drank too much and ended up with the DTs on a few occasions !
They were. Still are. And yes, played the Wolfe regularly.
You need to check out the Dirt Road Blues Band too (Steve on lead & vocals, and Horace Panter on bass.
Also, the Della Grants.
Both fine bands.

Kneeza

Ask him if he ever played Berkswell British Legion?

Edit:- pretty sure they did Early 70's as dad was secretary and sure they had cope with a bit of trouble that night.
Gotta say that sounded unlikely to me, but, Robert Edgar Broughton, he say yes! Lol.

Sbarcher

Just asked Edgar, and he confirms that - no, they never played there with Sabbath, although of course they did play there several times.
Ah. Just remembered, I think the support was Galliard.

Grendel

U2 and Marillion both have done gigs at the General Wolfe. True or false ? 🤔

in the early 80’s some guy I knew at Uni said if I wanted to go to a gig as a band was doing a warm up

It was a dingy pub so few beers why not.

There was hardly anyone there. The band was Erasure. After 5 minutes Andy Bell announced he was feeling hot and sticky and threw his top off into the crowd.

I decided to continue drinking elsewhere

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Currently have Roger Waters - "Is This The Life We Really Want?" blasting loudly through my cans. He was Mr Pink Floyd!

Houchens Head

The Beatles played at the Matrix on Fletchamstead Highway.

Kneeza

Just googled it again It says Marillion at the General Wolfe Saliva Tears Tour 1982. Gives there set list.
Yeah, I know. Hell of a history that place. I even used to get my teeth butchered just across the road in Station St East as a kid.
Such wonderful memories. LOL.

bringbackrattles

Yeah, I know. Hell of a history that place. I even used to get my teeth butchered just across the road in Station St East as a kid.
I was surprised to see that Marillion played the Wolfe, never knew that. Attracted all acts so must have had a good reputation.

bringbackrattles

Just had another look at who appeared at the Wolfe. And what about this for a line up.
Robert Plant, Bo Diddley, and the D'Ts on the same bill. Bet the ticket for that is a collector item.

Houchens Head

I think Waters is a Grade A wanker. This is the song that Syd wrote about the betrayal:

Each to their own. My personal choice is Roger Waters. You think he's a wanker. That's okay. If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring old world, eh? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread