What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

Kneeza

Bugger. Hadn't noticed the Tull and Runrig progs were on. Must have a shufty through the listings - they're usually repeated to death.
Always been a huge Tull fan from day one, and Runrig are a hoot.
Saw Doctors are another to look out for if you like that kind of thing. One of THE best live bands I've seen.

Kneeza

A mate rang me earlier telling me that Jethro Tull are on Sky arts. But seen most of the programmes on them so gave it a miss. Runrig were a band I haven't seen much of, folk rock band if I recall. I like listening to Clannad now and then so imagine Runrig are similar.
If you like Clannad, give Capercaille a go.

bringbackrattles

If you like Clannad, give Capercaille a go.
Never heard of Capercaille as a band only the bird ! I'll give them a listen as I like finding bands/ music that's new to me. My favourite genre is Rock, but also an eclectic mix too, even a bit of classical. I can listen to Metallica for an hour, then put on Clannad and enjoy that. Cheers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I came across a band on YouTube recently called Dea Matrona, an all female trio from Ireland. They do cover versions of rock songs,but also do their own stuff too. They are talented and are highly rated and worth checking out.
I'll check them out BBR. Thanks.

Kneeza

Trailblazers: Pub Rock is on Sky Arts again tonight (8pm). Worth a look.
10pm - Janis: Little Girl Blue.
Then at 5am there's a South Bank Show repeat of 'Boogie Woogie'. Not sure I've seen it, so will set record just in case.

bringbackrattles

I missed a customer just before Christmas but cleaned their windows this morning. The chap like me is a big music fan and if he's in we usually have a chat about music etc. Anyway him and his missus came out with a late Xmas tip and a CD for me. I remarked they shouldn't have bothered but accepted the tip and CD, and it's a Beatles album remastered and looking to playing it over the weekend. Well chuffed !

Houchens Head

I missed a customer just before Christmas but cleaned their windows this morning. The chap like me is a big music fan and if he's in we usually have a chat about music etc. Anyway him and his missus came out with a late Xmas tip and a CD for me. I remarked they shouldn't have bothered but accepted the tip and CD, and it's a Beatles album remastered and looking to playing it over the weekend. Well chuffed !
Which album, BBR? (I have them all anyway, just interested ;-) )

bringbackrattles

Been playing it and it's good and nothing like I was expecting. 26 remastered tracks and it's called simply : The Beatles- LOVE
From 2006. I must have casually mentioned that I like the Beatles, so was a bit surprised as he is a huge blues and rock fan like me, but a nice gesture nevertheless.

Houchens Head

Been playing it and it's good and nothing like I was expecting. 26 remastered tracks and it's called simply : The Beatles- LOVE
From 2006. I must have casually mentioned that I like the Beatles, so was a bit surprised as he is a huge blues and rock fan like me, but a nice gesture nevertheless.
Seem to remember that being released. Haven't got it! Is that the one with "Fee as a Bird" on it? I know it's on the "Anthology" album.

bringbackrattles

Seem to remember that being released. Haven't got it! Is that the one with "Fee as a Bird" on it? I know it's on the "Anthology" album.
Not that one Houch. Really enjoying it every track has been re - worked etc, sounds as if it was done recently. George Martin and his son worked their magic, and you should add it to your collection.

Houchens Head

Not that one Houch. Really enjoying it every track has been re - worked etc, sounds as if it was done recently. George Martin and his son worked their magic, and you should add it to your collection.
I have 18 of their albums. Missing 2 that I know of; Anthology and now, Love! I will definitely search them out BBR!

bringbackrattles

And I have precisely none!
Not that I dislike them (I love many of their songs, and have a lot of Harrison and Lennon stuff), I just never liked an album in its entirety enough to buy one.
I was always one of the Stones kids in the Stones/Beatles wars in the Longford Park school playground in the early sixties ;)
I grew up in a house with music always playing. This was the 60's so I was into the Beatles, Stones,Kinks, and Small Faces. My sister loved everything by the Fab Four, and my mum too along with Cliff Richard, but my dad was into the music of Nat King Cole,Jim Reeves, Perry Como,and Dean Martin. Record player on daily along with the radio, no wonder I love music.

bringbackrattles

On an advert on the telly the other day I heard How Long by Ace playing. That brought back memories and so been playing it again on YouTube. What a cracking song that was and still is I reckon, stood the test of time.

Kneeza

I grew up in a house with music always playing. This was the 60's so I was into the Beatles, Stones,Kinks, and Small Faces. My sister loved everything by the Fab Four, and my mum too along with Cliff Richard, but my dad was into the music of Nat King Cole,Jim Reeves, Perry Como,and Dean Martin. Record player on daily along with the radio, no wonder I love music.
You were lucky! (Not a Python sketch ;) ).
The only music in our house was played through a valve wireless (which had all the stations printed on the glass tuning scale, as they did) and that was always tuned to Sing Something Simple or similar.
We didn't have a record player until I started work in 1970 and I bought one.

And we had to lick road clean wi' tongue...

bringbackrattles

The only music in our house was played through a valve wireless (which had all the stations printed on the glass tuning scale, as they did) and that was always tuned to Sing Something Simple or similar.

A common phrase used back then in our house was when the needle on the record player stuck : "someone give it a nudge ! " 😏

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve been listening to the what’s the craic podcast , they’ve had some really good guests on . Chris Kirkland was a really good listen

Houchens Head

Billy Cotton's Band Show while having Sunday dinner!

ovduk78

I remember we always had the radio on on Sundays and we listened to The Jimmy Clitheroe show and records like Camp Grenada were always played, no idea what channel it was though.

bringbackrattles

I remember Sundays were boring. Always disliked the day since. Tony Hancock on his half hour show did a great piece on how boring Sunday's were then, him and Sid James in a house. Spot on ! 😴

Users who are viewing this thread