Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (6 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Yea Simms touch let’s him down occasionally, but if he’s being picked out as a scapegoat this place has lost it again.

He’s won numerous flick ons, generally held it up well and his movement has been good. All while being supported by a 10 who can’t be arsed and two wing backs who are scared to cross the half way line.

Former boo boy, now loved Wright, has been poor again so far (granted it’s been 10 mins).

long way home

Lots will be said after this and lots will be assumed. My take is we with this group are in about the right position for what we have. Robins will look at this and know where to add come the summer. Certain players will not be with the group next season but losing games always brings questions.

I just think this group is out of form and reached its level in the league. No point being to upset the positive is we know where to improve.

ProfessorbyGrace

We had a shit on target!!!
Happy Excuse Me GIF

Marty

We stretched the game then, this is awful...

Winny the Bish

They’re so much more comfortable on the ball than we are.

Reminds me of Ipswich away where they passed through our midfield at will. Something I’ve not seen us do since League 1 days.
They did it again from that goal kick. Pre-planned passage of play that gets them through our press with ease to a midfielder in 10 yards of space near halfway.

Why do we never do that???

Chris1987

Spell of sideways and backwards passing followed by a misplaced forward ball.
This system clearly does not work

Johnnythespider

A passage of play then that needed O'hare buzzing about not Palmer playing one two's with everyone just to go back to the half way line, I disagree with the opinion that he's been poor for weeks by the way

Cally Fedora

Have none of the coaching staff realised the Simms can’t receive the ball in to his feet. We’d be better off with Palmer in that role, receiving it and playing off him. We seem to be finding formations that we don’t have players for. Forcing it.

TomRad85

Has been 2 absolute mismatches against genuine play off contenders. I think last season raised our expectations to an unrealistic level
I disagree, I think we've got a very good playing squad that should challenge for top 6. Unfortunately we've had injuries to very important players which can't be helped but at the same time Robins has started doing weird shit which has double fucked us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

He hasnt been offered a new contract, simple as that. Robins wants him to stay but seems Douglas doesnt fancy another pay increase

Saddle I think you are a pretty reliable contact but there must be a lot more info behind this. (Unless you contact is robins himself) if Robins wants him to stay, and King is outright refusing to listen then MR is surely going to walk soon. From what we know of MR he isn't going to let Robins dictate the football side of it. And if he wants Lawrence to stay it's surely his remit to allocate funds from the playing budget towards that.

Users who are viewing this thread