Match Thread Coventry City vs Grimsby Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Mar (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Grimsby Town match, tactics and predictions :)

Esoterica

Team:
Burge
Grimmer, Hyam, McDonald, Haynes
Vincenti, Doyle, Bayliss, Shipley
JCH, McNulty

Baker and Davies on the bench.
Result: 7-0.
Goals: JCH x3, Bayliss x2, McNulty, Grimmer
Attendance 9004 (4 from Grimsby)
JCH to shiv McNulty after Sparky initially refuses to let him take the penalty that would complete his hattrick. Haynes to faint at the sight of blood. JCH arrested after the game, McNulty hospitalised and the promotion push ironically derailed after our finest win of the season.

ccfcricoh

Team:
Burge
Grimmer, Hyam, McDonald, Haynes
Vincenti, Doyle, Bayliss, Shipley
JCH, McNulty

Baker and Davies on the bench.
Result: 7-0.
Goals: JCH x3, Bayliss x2, McNulty, Grimmer
Attendance 9004 (4 from Grimsby)
JCH to shiv McNulty after Sparky initially refuses to let him take the penalty that would complete his hattrick. Haynes to faint at the sight of blood. JCH arrested after the game, McNulty hospitalised and the promotion push ironically derailed after our finest win of the season.

Bet365 odds of 5/1 for all this...thought it would be a bit lower to be fair, worth a tenner...

Swap O'Brien for Burge and i agree with starting 11 though!

Otis

1-0 too.

Hard fought, big battle.

Think we might well score reasonably early on (first half), but then won't add to that tally, with Grimsby having a right old go just for the last 7 or 8 mins.

Goalscorer: Doyle

Baker to come on with 4 mins left, all but floating onto the pitch on a bed of roses and blowing kisses to the crowd, while throwing Indian takeaway menus at the front two rows of the main stand.

The Sky Blue faithful will crow and holler and yell in adoration at his first touch, only for him to immediately slice the ball out of play and a chorus of boos and 'Get off you're rubbish' swiftly ensues, followed by 'Sisu Out' and 'Squeaky Robins you're an idiot.'

Just asked William Hill for a price on all that and they said they will get back to me.

no_loyalty

O'Brien to keep his place in goal, so same team which started at Crewe.

City 3 The Mariners 1 (Little Sheff consolation goal in last 5 mins)

ceetee

1-0 too.

Hard fought, big battle.

Think we might well score reasonably early on (first half), but then won't add to that tally, with Grimsby having a right old go just for the last 7 or 8 mins.

Goalscorer: Doyle

Baker to come on with 4 mins left, all but floating onto the pitch on a bed of roses and blowing kisses to the crowd, while throwing Indian takeaway menus at the front two rows of the main stand.

The Sky Blue faithful will crow and holler and yell in adoration at his first touch, only for him to immediately slice the ball out of play and a chorus of boos and 'Get off you're rubbish' swiftly ensues, followed by 'Sisu Out' and 'Squeaky Robins you're an idiot.'

Just asked William Hill for a price on all that and they said they will get back to me.

Baker is more likely to try a wing to wing pass.
All of our players will stand and watch as they've never seen anything like it
Grimsby RB will nick the ball and start a breakaway...................................

kapowaz

I’m travelling up from London for this and for some reason I’m feeling very optimistic. I’m going with 4-0 — JCH hattrick.

Londonccfcfan

Everyone a predicting a win! Not good!

Will be very tight and cagey untill we score first. Then the floodgates will open. Biggest win of season.
5 nil.

One of the interesting things for me will be MR team selection, so far this season if your playing well and you hold the shirt you tend to keep it. Recently Hyam kept Willis out of the team.

Got a feeling OBrian may well keeps his place. Which would be healthy. MR also criticised Burge after the Luton game. So I think OBrian is in.

Obrian,
Grimmer, Hyam, Rod, Haynes
Vincenti, Bayliss, Doyle, Shipley
JCH , McNulty

Paxman II

We have to make a quick impact in these final games of the season and start quickly, aggressively and press from the kick off. Think Reid would offer us that more than Vincenti and baker must be included on the bench. We can't afford any upset to happen. Best way to help ensure that is an early goal to steady the nerves and don't let up and sit back. Keep the team attack minded. If they do score one we must be confident of scoring more.

3-1

ccfcway

i'll be worried when Nick predicts a win

Nick, please just continue with your "i think we will lose, but happy to be proved wrong" pre match post :)

Crewe -
Ideally we need a win, they won't be as easy to break down as Luton were in the first half yesterday so I don't think we will get half as many chances. Head says 1-1.

Luton -
Can see a 2-1 loss but hope I am wrong and we hammer them..

Wycombe -
I think it needs to be a win, if we lose it's going to be a massive kick in the playoff chances. Still worried about the defence, Hyam and Mcdonald in the middle against Akinfenwa and Mackail Smith :(

Mansfield -
We are 5 points behind playoffs now, I don't think we can start getting draws :(

Last edited:

vow

Scrappy 1-0 to city. McNulty pen.

higgs

Would be nice for a change to be 3 up by half time so we can relax for the second half

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

coop

Yeah right.
Got to be WU.
No been to too many games expecting a win against a team with shit form and we have lost I hope I'm wrong and the team doesn't get complacent. Score early and I think it will be 3/4 win but the longer we take to score the more pressure the player's will feel.

wingy

No been to too many games expecting a win against a team with shit form and we have lost I hope I'm wrong and the team doesn't get complacent. Score early and I think it will be 3/4 win but the longer we take to score the more pressure the player's will feel.
Yeah I was only having a bit of fun,but highly confident for Saturday and hope the team are.

Users who are viewing this thread