Wasps in talks to takeover Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Otis

[/B]

If what I say below has already been said then I apologise.

I would imagine that if this is true then talks would have taken place long before now. Probably around the time when Sisu were fucking about in Sixfields saying that they would never return to the Ricoh and were building their own stadium.

So taking your CCFC hat off and putting a business one on, then what would you have done?

Move things forward and Sisu finally bring us home and still won't commit and say they are building their own stadium and this is temporary, then what would you have done?

Everyone took the piss out of ACL for streaking contests and spider conventions but in reality they were just money in the bank and they were obviously looking for a major sporting tenant which this looks like it is.

Before anyone comes back with the childish "ACL supporter shite", I would love to have the Ricoh as our home and wouldn't like this move to go ahead but in reality this seems like a good move for ACL.

One last thing (for all of the ACL haters) if Sisu hadn't fucked about for ages, agreeing and then pulling out of deals, playing russian roulette with our club, lying through their teeth, suing at any given opportunity and generally being a bunch of fucking idiots and actually bought the 50% when they had the chance, then would this even be talked about? No is your fucking answer. Blame anyone, then blame Sisu/Otium.

Very good post, though all sides hold a a degree of culpability.

I am not pro ACL at all, but I just wonder what people expect them to do if Sisu are insistent they are builiding their own stadium and are leaving the Ricoh? ACL surely have only 2 choices, one, that they leave the the football stadium to rot and it just becomes a white elephant, or 2,that they bring another club in.

letsallsingtogether

How Ironic.

Sisu keep saying we are building a new ground? yet we have still heard nothing.

ACL said they were looking at another sports club to which people laughed, who would want that white elephant should give it away for nothing.

Now we can see who has been telling the truth and doing what they said they would.

Can't say I am happy with it but sisu have caused all this situation with their spineless threatening tactics.

It looks like it might have backfired drastically on Sisu and now we will be the ones who suffer yet again.

The Gentleman

How Ironic.

ACL said they were looking at another sports club to which people laughed, who would want that white elephant should give it away for nothing.

Now we can see who has been telling the truth and doing what they said they would.

Can't say I am happy with it but sisu have caused all this situation with their spineless threatening tactics.

It looks like it might have backfired drastically on Sisu and now we will be the ones who suffer yet again.

The funny thing is, recently I have read on here from some saying that maybe Sisu had played a blinder in actually getting us a better deal at the Ricoh because of the rent row and all that followed. In reality though, any sensible person should be able to see that everything they have done has not taken us a single step forward but lots of steps back and my worry is how long it will take us to properly recover from their calamitous reign.

hill83

Had a quick glance on the Coventry RFC forum and they don't seem arsed about it.

lordsummerisle

Despite all the angst on here, I will believe it when Stephen Pressley is unveiled as Huddersfield Manager 4 four weeks ago.

Otis

How Ironic.

That is indeed true. There were a number of posters on here making a point very loudly and clearly asking where the queue of other sporting clubs were wanting to come to what would then be a white elephant. It was very much a laughing matter at the very notion.

Well it might well not be a laughing matter anymore and you are right, Sisu keep saying ad nauseum they have secured land or are securing land, or are in negotiations and that they will build a new stadium.

How long have they been saying that now? And not a single brick, no land, no acquisiton. And to be fair to ACL they said they were talking to other interested parties and if this Wasps thing turns out to be true, it will prove that they have.

I am on neither side here, but I do understand why things have gone the way they are appearing to be going. It isn't as if we weren't warned.

swisstony

Just got in from work and cant be bothered to sift through 400+ posts.
But wouldn't it be possible for Wasps and City to play alternative weeks ??
There's plenty that do.
Apologies if it's already been asked or covered.

wingy

Had a quick glance on the Coventry RFC forum and they don't seem arsed about it.

the one I'm working with who is alifelong Stalwart Isn't bothered by It ,see's his club progressing well regardless.

Popping down there tomorrow ,going to be a proper sesh ,i'll never be able to keep up ,some serious drinkers and a good after game band on followed by the earlsdon run .

Ouch.......

The Gentleman

Rugby isn't a sport to get passionate about though really.

I don't know, quite a few people seemed interested when we won the world cup. I like it and think it's decent game (especially when we beat Australia) and will watch the Six nations or the world cups when they are on. I understand it isn't for everyone though.

letsallsingtogether

As football is not for everyone:eek:
Yes I like to watch the Rugger as well, I just like watching City more.

I don't know, quite a few people seemed interested when we won the world cup. I like it and think it's decent game (especially when we beat Australia) and will watch the Six nations or the world cups when they are on. I understand it isn't for everyone though.

wingy

That is indeed true. There were a number of posters on here making a point very loudly and clearly asking where the queue of other sporting clubs were wanting to come to what would then be a white elephant. It was very much a laughing matter at the very notion.

Well it might well not be a laughing matter anymore and you are right, Sisu keep saying ad nauseum they have secured land or are securing land, or are in negotiations and that they will build a new stadium.

How long have they been saying that now? And not a single brick, no land, no acquisiton. And to be fair to ACL they said they were talking to other interested parties and if this Wasps thing turns out to be true, it will prove that they have.

I am on neither side here, but I do understand why things have gone the way they are appearing to be going. It isn't as if we weren't warned.

believe fisher has said he Is due to announce on land in the last couple of weeks ,i supose it's possible ACl have knowledge of this If true of course .

May just have pre-empted this .

vice -Versa ,Fisher mixes in Circles and may have known this was coming.

Still think we're very much in the land of Spin and there are many twists and turns ahead ,why couldn't they both just give us till Christmas In blind Ignorance .

There may well be one more aspect to this move,Has anyone considered for all the talk of wealth that Otium don't have a pot to piss In ,would explain a lot.

letsallsingtogether

Funny you should say that When I played Rugby we used to laugh at the Footballers kissing and hugging each other after a goal:thinking about:

And the funniest was the way they fell over reeling after a tackle only to get back up and then run the 100 metres like nothing had happened.

Too busy necking pints with jizz in and bouncing round pubs fingering eachothers arses I expect.

rupert_bear

Wasps are financially backed by JLR who are owned by Tata, now they do have money and weren't they involved with QPR a bit back. Are they still ?

Last edited:

hill83

Funny you should say that When I played Rugby we used to laugh at the Footballers kissing and hugging each other after a goal:thinking about:

And the funniest was the way they fell over reeling after a tackle only to get back up and then run the 100 metres like nothing had happened.

They can never help themselves can they.* Who mentioned football?

*Rugby people

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Funny you should say that Wingy? their maybe some truth then in the rumours I heard the other night?:thinking about:

Otis

believe fisher has said he Is due to announce on land in the last couple of weeks ,i supose it's possible ACl have knowledge of this If true of course .

May just have pre-empted this .

vice -Versa ,Fisher mixes in Circles and may have known this was coming.

Still think we're very much in the land of Spin and there are many twists and turns ahead ,why couldn't they both just give us till Christmas In blind Ignorance .

There may well be one more aspect to this move,Has anyone considered for all the talk of wealth that Otium don't have a pot to piss In ,would explain a lot.

'Fisher has said he Is due to announce on land in the last couple of weeks for the 97th time'

There you go, Wingy. Corrected it for you.

rupert_bear

AND do you think a stadium owned by hedge fund sisu would only use the pitch cup ties a year 23+ times a year, you live in cloud cuckoo land if you do.

wingy

obviously similar to ourselves ,as much as we hurt last season ,there was no prospect for most of switching allegiance to a Pheonix club while ours was alive ,these things run deep.

Grendel

How Ironic.

ACL haven't confirmed talks have they? Still it must be happening - how is Pressley doing at Huddersfield?

Gazolba

Potentially huge consequences for the Sky Blues

Whoever owns the stadium except Coventry or CCFC, the future of it will be subject to outside interests. CCFC itself will NEVER own the stadium, since they cannot afford it. Well maybe if they somehow get back to the premier league and start raking in big TV money. Since SISU/Otium are still proceeding with legal action and have publicly stated (and promised to Football League) they are building a new stadium, why would the Ricoh owners not seek other tenants or part-owners? All sounds good to me. I hope they change their name to "Coventry Wasps".

Moff

I dont seem to recall it being a laughing matter, I remember people looking at neighboring teams such as the Saints and the Tigers and ruling them out as possible tenants/owners of the Ricoh as they already have sufficient stadia.

No one could foresee any other clubs moving to the Ricoh, as people laughed at the notion of moving a club miles away from its home to the Ricoh, like a franchise, as this was exactly what had happened to us and people found it abhorrent. It now seems quite ironic really.

Moff

Rugby isn't a sport to get passionate about though really.

I quite like it. Have been to see the Saints a few times (the only team I have ever seen in Northampton) and its quite a laugh. No players rolling on the floor when they get an injury as well.
It was an odd feeling last year to support a team that won regularly, and got some silverware....I still half expected to shout 'oh f*ck it' like I do when the City lose in the last minute, but it didnt happen ;)

Grendel

How's SISU getting on with distressing ACL after deliberately losing the JR?

Why are you taking this off topic - what is your motive?

I suppose hypothetically if I was looking to sell and only had one likely party interested I would pick up the phone to my pet poodle and ask them to publish a story saying another franchise was interested.

Not that I am suggesting for one moment this is happening here.

This is clearly a real story as will be proved when wasps buy a controlling interest in ACL.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Why are you taking this off topic - what is your motive?

I suppose hypothetically if I was looking to sell and only had one likely party interested I would pick up the phone to my pet poodle and ask them to publish a story saying another franchise was interested.

Not that I am suggesting for one moment this is happening here.

This is clearly a real story as will be proved when wasps buy a controlling interest in ACL.

Keep fishing. I'm sure I'll bite eventually. Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread