Wasps in talks to takeover Ricoh (5 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I guess this now all could hinge on what part CCFC play in all this. If Sisu are to play no part in any buyout, will ACL/CCC have a caveat in place that stipulates the football club have to have a tenure at the Ricoh for many decades to come?

CCFC have to be part of this whole shebang to my mind, otherwise I feel it could all really kick off big time and there will be real anger from all and sundry. The Ricoh was built for the citizens of Coventry and for CCFC and many of the citizens of Coventry are fans of the football club. That club is Coventry City FC. Coventry City belongs to Coventry and the people of Coventry.

I can't think of anything crazier than CCFC being kicked out of the Ricoh and a London rugny club coming into our Arena and taking their place.

Common sense must prevail. Either the club take at least part ownership of the Ricoh, or if it is to be Wasps coming in, then CCFC have to be part of the new set up. They simply have to be.

Therein lies the problem. Looking at the public fall out, rent strike, litigation etc etc you wouldn't have to do too much due diligence to realise that CCFC owned by SISU haven't been dream tenants have they. Would wasps want to expose themselves to this risk?

So it could mean a few different things. Wasps lose interest and walk away from the Ricoh. Wasps take control and we lose all hope of gaining control of our home ground. Or even wasps take control with no such clause in place and ditch us at the end of the current 2 year deal and we genuinely become homeless and have to move out of the city, again.

ccfc92

Not good news after all the hype with the return. I don't see why LONDON wasps, would relocate to Cov?

If I read the most recent article, is it not "an option" at the minute?

Otis

Not good news after all the hype with the return. I don't see why LONDON wasps, would relocate to Cov?

If I read the most recent article, is it not "an option" at the minute?

What about buying it now, to utilise it in 2 years when Sisu's agreement runs out?

ccfc92

Its the controlling part that really worries me and wouldn't be happy with.

I'll be honest, I haven't read into it much, but I don't see how it will come to fruition.

I don't know how much rugby as a sport values history, culture, community etc compared to football (apart from MK).

Limey

Any slither of wasps ownership worries me. Ccfc majority owned and rented to them on non-match days, fine.

ccfc92

What about buying it now, to utilise it in 2 years when Sisu's agreement runs out?

That is another interesting point.

Maybe ACL are playing hardball now, and SISU need to put an offer on the table? (I'm 99% sure CCFC will get priority over stakes in the Ricoh IMO)

lordsummerisle

No like the CET never reported anymore than he was the bookies favourite.

Then they reported SP saying he wasn't interested.

Can't see anywhere they didn't report anything that was not true or researched

Can you?

Here's the big one.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/sport-opinion/could-anyone-blame-steven-pressley-7596751

Quite a hilarious thread on it, Council Jack very defensive of Alan Poole there.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...fter-Pressley?highlight=huddersfield+pressley

dongonzalos

Don is wumming just ignore him - everyone else does (well other than tony)

SG reports a valid story of grave importance to all the fans of CCFC. You indirectly suggest he is a poodle for the council and that story is without merit. He completely blows you out if the water regarding this.
So then you try to divert the story off on a tangent about the CET's credibility by making suggestions about another story where they did no wrong. As oppose to doing the honourable thing and apologising to SG

Then to round it all off I wumming????

Aside all the tosh above you mentioned about the not happy wasps fans. what are the wasps fans saying about the potential Ricoh move I am struggling to find it?

J

Jack Griffin

A lot more researched that the Pressley of to Huddersfield story then.

If you look back you'll find the thread mainly talks about the odds, I posted them more than once, but I also posted that I thought Neil Lennon would get the job, as it turned out Chris Powell got it.
My view was.. http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...after-Pressley?p=751451&viewfull=1#post751451
Interestingly the the early odds didn't mention Powell & about 4 weeks ago he popped up as 2nd fav.

NorthernWisdom

Any chance we can get this thread back on track?

When I was a kid in the early 70s Cov rfc was the best side in the country and CCFC after the Sky Blues revolution of the 60s was in the top flight, made it into Europe etc. The City had the most skilled engineering workforce in the world. Look at us now. What has happened to civic pride, pride in being a Coventrian and a city of ambition and a 'can do' attitude?

Is anyone going to fight this or are ppl just going to continue their personal bickering on here?

The conspiracy theorist in me says it's one way of making selling to the football club appear to be the palatable option, with no loss of face...

J

Jack Griffin

Now about this Wasps palaver then...

The conspiracy theorist in me says it's one way of making selling to the football club appear to be the palatable option, with no loss of face...

Good thinking Batman.. but SG says talks have occurred.. and I thought (and posted that) the stuff he said about ACL & SISU talking while litigation still on table was unlikely to be true, I'm not going to disbelieve this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingy

Do the club have the money?

Fisher keeps saying it's not for sale ,

So you're probably close .

all with that appeal In the background.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Do the club have the money?

We might be about to find out...

Oldest tricks in the book though, give a horrific option as an alternative, and people soon grow to accept an option that if presented as the only choice, would never win support.

Not saying that's what *is* happening btw, but it's a bog standard political position-taking.

Astute

As hilarious as previous threads on here where some tried to tell us that the Ricoh was valueless?

The joke of a way our club has been run could now cost us our home. Yet some still seem to want to blame anyone but SISU. I just hope that Fisher is being truthful and we have a new home to go to in the next few years. Or Joy stops messing about and negotiates a permanent return for
our club. They could sue who they want. It is only our home for two more years.

Limey

The optimist in me would like to believe you. Either way, a swift response is needed by the club if they have any intention of rebuilding any trust with the supporters.

Astute

We might be about to find out...

Oldest tricks in the book though, give a horrific option as an alternative, and people soon grow to accept an option that if presented as the only choice, would never win support.

Not saying that's what *is* happening btw, but it's a bog standard political position-taking.

They would have more people happy than unhappy if our football club owned the Ricoh. To make even more happy they could put clauses in to safeguard it for our club, although nothing would be watertight legally in the hands of SISU. But having talks with an out of town club will upset lots. Would love it to have been true though.

Grendel

Careful don will be accusing you for questioning the CET sources.

Grendel

SG reports a valid story of grave importance to all the fans of CCFC. You indirectly suggest he is a poodle for the council and that story is without merit. He completely blows you out if the water regarding this.
So then you try to divert the story off on a tangent about the CET's credibility by making suggestions about another story where they did no wrong. As oppose to doing the honourable thing and apologising to SG

Then to round it all off I wumming????

Aside all the tosh above you mentioned about the not happy wasps fans. what are the wasps fans saying about the potential Ricoh move I am struggling to find it?

How did he "blow me out of the water" if it happens fair enough if it doesn't well I think he may be taking a cold shower - don't you?

rondog1973

Any chance we can get this thread back on track?

When I was a kid in the early 70s Cov rfc was the best side in the country and CCFC after the Sky Blues revolution of the 60s was in the top flight, made it into Europe etc. The City had the most skilled engineering workforce in the world. Look at us now. What has happened to civic pride, pride in being a Coventrian and a city of ambition and a 'can do' attitude?

Is anyone going to fight this or are ppl just going to continue their personal bickering on here?
Yep....all the more galling when the Football/Rugby clubs at the wrong end of the M69 have assumed the position of the Cov teams in the 70'S.....

Users who are viewing this thread