Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Helping a superfan with a surprise 18th. Big fan of Bobby Thomas (1 Viewer)

andiep

Lurker in the West Stand
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Thread Title: Helping a lifelong 18yo Sky Blue fan / Bobby Thomas’ biggest fan! 🩵
Body:
Hi everyone, PUSB!
I’m posting on here today hoping the Sky Blues community might be able to offer a bit of advice or point me in the right direction.
I’m trying to organize a special 18th birthday surprise for my son, who is a massive Coventry City fan. His absolute favourite player is Bobby Thomas.
The last few years have been incredibly tough for us. As a single mum on a very low income, we’ve overcome a lot together. coping with the loss of several close family members since COVID. This included his grandad, who was a huge Coventry City supporter and passed that deep love for the Sky Blues down to him.
On top of everything, he was diagnosed with autism in the last two years. School was a real struggle for him, but despite all the odds, he has completely turned his life around. I am so proud to say he is now working part time.
He turns 18 soon, and after everything he’s been through, I want so desperately to show him how much he deserves to be celebrated.
We are on a very tight budget, so I’ve reached out to the club and community teams directly. But I wanted to ask the SBT community:
Does anyone have any contacts or advice on how I might be able to get a birthday card or message through to Bobby Thomas or the squad?
Are there any matchday tips or fan-led ideas to make his 18th matchday extra special without spending a fortune?
Any advice, contact info, or ideas from fellow Sky Blues would mean the world to us. Thank you so much for reading!
Play Up Sky Blues 🩵
 
Dunno how close he is to Bobby in particular but it might be worth reaching out to John Dawkins privately if you use X
 
Not sure what size he is or what's left, but at the store they've got the hoodies with the caricature photo of his header v Blackburn currently on offer. My daughter loves him too so I bought her one - £55 originally in May, currently on sale in the store down at £10.

Not sure if you have time, but also if he's a fan but you have low income, then I hope people don't mind me sharing as the club aren't losing out, so there's a site DH Gate and on there are the kits for a fraction of the price and cost no more to have name and number on there - it';s less than £20 v £93 for similar if official. They are noticeably different when next to each other, but on their own and not at the match would be absolutely fine.
 
Dunno how close he is to Bobby in particular but it might be worth reaching out to John Dawkins privately if you use X
This is a brilliant idea andiep and wishing you all the best.

To add to Alex's point on Dawkins/That Cov Pod, I remember James Darlaston (Jig) from That Cov Pod saying he had watched a game with Bobby Thomas's Dad at Blackburn. Not sure if they kept in contact but that's another angle. I'm sure Bobby would be pleased to reach out - seems like a decent bloke (except if you;re an oppo centre forward!).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom