Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortonSkyBlue

Where do we start:
- Hired his mates for top jobs at the club
- Club was subject of a 4-year HMRC investigation
- Lied about the money managers had available to spend
- Lied to fans: “The club admitted to the tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”
- Completely neglected SJP
- Raised ticket prices by 20%
- Doubled club debt
- Newcastle were the 13th most valuable club in football when he took over, ahead of Spurs and Dortmund.
It was his to do as he saw fit. Most business’s hire people they know, over the period of time of his tenure he increased prices less than most clubs, put up nice advertising boards over the stadium and renamed the stadium. most importantly sold it to the wealthiest people possible.
There is the counter argument.

jordan210

Do you reckon this agreement was before or after the court case?

No idea. only thing I can think if maybe its a pre packaged admin. and CBS went in to admin and was instantly saved no idea ?

But that would not make sense If there are multiple bidders.

Unless they have got a small extension.

Nick

Administrator
Dispute between 2 businesses and we can’t get involved mmmmmmmmmm

Now seemingly very involved.

This is my worry, Reeves is all in with Wasps and ACL because of the history. I wouldn't be surprised if he sharpened a knife and stuck it in some more if he's currently involved.

SBT

He provided enough funding for them to stay in the top flight, a few big money signings over the years as well. I mean compared to our current custodians he's a clear improvement.

Well he didn’t keep them in the top flight - that was partly why he alienated the fans.

What I mean is that relative to where he started he didn’t show either the means or the willingness to take the club to the next level. If he does the same with us then I’m not getting too excited.

Senior Vick from Alicante

And that is the issue with football fans and probably why I asked for actual reasons other than "Ask Newcastle Fans".

Ashley spent 356 mill on transfers and got back 129 mill in sales so on paper its just the disquiet from the Geordies rather than investment. They were 18 million in the red when he bought them and 12 in the black when he sold. Those that dont want that kind of investment seem a little short sighted.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well he didn’t keep them in the top flight - that was partly why he alienated the fans.

What I mean is that relative to where he started he didn’t show either the means or the willingness to take the club to the next level. If he does the same with us then I’m not getting too excited.

Except for them the next level would be competing for the top 4. For us it would be competing for or achieving promotion.

They require pretty different sums of money to pull off and his net spend there was 9 figures.

robbiethemole

Now seemingly very involved.

This is my worry, Reeves is all in with Wasps and ACL because of the history. I wouldn't be surprised if he sharpened a knife and stuck it in some more if he's currently involved.
They've all suffered from the same gross lack of judgment dealing with Richardson/ Wasps and were completely taken in by his bullshit and lies,
and knowingly tried to damage the football club. If that doesn't exclude them from being suitable to run the City and Council, I really don't know what would.
Perhaps a 'fit and proper persons' test should be introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread