Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
They've all suffered from the same gross lack of judgment dealing with Richardson/ Wasps and were completely taken in by his bullshit and lies,
and knowingly tried to damage the football club. If that doesn't exclude them from being suitable to run the City and Council, I really don't know what would.
Perhaps a 'fit and proper persons' test should be introduced

So who did the due diligence on it all? Surely a council can't make decisions like that based on "It wasn't SISU"?

Liquid Gold

The people who have alot to answer for is Mr Richardson and his cronies selling one stadium ,taking millions from Tesco and still not having any share in that stadium.
Didn’t know Coventry City Council were one of Richardson’s cronies.

Levship20

Doubt it with all the season ticket refunds requested yesterday.

Can hear it now “ hi Colin you are through to Oggy & Clive, what would you like to say”

Colin from Coundon “thought we played poorly tonight and goalkeeper was at fault for their goal”

Clive “ from which angle can you make out it was the goalies error”

Colin from Coundon “well I’m not sure as I was on my settee at the time as I wasn’t there”

🙄😡😂

robbiethemole

Didn’t know Coventry City Council were one of Richardson’s cronies.
they weren't, they stepped in to complete a deal, then refused to hand over the surplus money from the Tesco deal quoting 'state aid' even back then, and it left the Club short on what it needed to finish the stadium and that's when Higgs got involved and paid for the rest. we were supposed to buy back the Higgs share when we were stable, but it never happened. (in a nutshell)

Skyblue_CP

So what does this mean for ACL? Still going into Admin? Or has a last minute deal been struck to purchase the CBS from one of the above parties?
I really thought we would have heard something by now.

robbiethemole

Can hear it now “ hi Colin you are through to Oggy & Clive, what would you like to say”

Colin from Coundon “thought we played poorly tonight and goalkeeper was at fault for their goal”

Clive “ from which angle can you make out it was the goalies error”

Colin from Coundon “well I’m not sure as I was on my settee at the time as I wasn’t there”

🙄😡😂
there's a few like that on the phone in, but without them it would just be Clive and Oggie hahahahah

Liquid Gold

they weren't, they stepped in to complete a deal, then refused to hand over the surplus money from the Tesco deal quoting 'state aid' even back then, and it left the Club short on what it needed to finish the stadium and that's when Higgs got involved and paid for the rest. we were supposed to buy back the Higgs share when we were stable, but it never happened. (in a nutshell)
To shorten the nutshell - the council pocketed money from a deal the club arranged leaving the club fucked financially. They then imposed an unsustainable rent on it leaving the club open to vulture owners and finally sold the place to a franchise to spite those owners once they fell out without care for how it affected the club.

robbiethemole

To shorten the nutshell - the council pocketed money from a deal the club arranged leaving the club fucked financially. They then imposed an unsustainable rent on it leaving the club open to vulture owners and finally sold the place to a franchise to spite those owners once they fell out without care for how it affected the club.
No money laundering from Richardson( the 1st), so coop's statement was bullshit??? well, I never hahahaha

Nick

Administrator
If there's no admin confirmation listed then how likely is it that a last minute deal has been agreed before admin?

Skyblue_CP

If there's no admin confirmation listed then how likely is it that a last minute deal has been agreed before admin?
This is what I’m wondering, if there was an extension to the NOI then that would have also surely been announced by now.

wingy

Are we sure about this.
Wasn't there a Dutch company involved that allegedly got a chunk out of the land deal to Tesco.
Didn't the council end up putting £10M fund's into Coventry Regeneration North,which they may or not have got back through the £21M mortgage over 20 years?

Brighton Sky Blue

Could be instead that they're most of the way to a deal but will extend the notice period to let it go through.

AndreasB

It’s ironic that we seem to now have genuine strong and accurate reporting on the City from Simon Gilbert who whilst trying to get to the bottom of the latest news would have learned of BBC proposals today announced to massively cut back on “local” content especially news. Would have thought his role at risk ( maybe Clive too)

Also cutting any local programmes after the breakfast show to be replaced by “regional content” ie Brum presenters and agenda. Of course it was mainly pisspoor but a West Midlands presenter won’t be covering us much or discussing us that’s for sure.

Still, least we have the Telegraph…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Its all going to be better than OK

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

It's bollocks anyway, Coventry City were never given the option to bid on a 250 year leasehold. The council only ever offered that to Wasps. Like most Cov Wasps fans, he's struggling with the simple truth of the matter.

Indeed and it was the entire basis of the council's defence of JR2, i.e. that the transactions were separate.

The Philosopher

I do wish people would stop referring to the Council getting or spending “their” money.

It’s taxpayer money that they manage on our behalf.

That they waste it on vanity projects or mishandle is a big cause of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread