Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balli001

Someone with a track record of ambition and major investment would be nice?
Yes because the football world is teaming with those isn't it? When you find them let me know until then I'll let you fester in your delusional world

SBT

And that is the issue with football fans and probably why I asked for actual reasons other than "Ask Newcastle Fans".

Was that what you asked for?

In any case, as mad as the Geordies may be, I don’t think anyone should be ignoring their concerns completely. Financial stability 15 years from now with a couple of relegations to League One in between might be OK, but I’m not sure it’s worth tracking his helicopter over.

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality of Ashley is he has put money into Newcastle. Yes they did bit of a yo-yo between Championship and Prem, but he left the club in the hands of some of the wealthiest people in the world.

If Ashley got the stadium and then the club, I suspect his end game would be similar. Get CBS and CCFC married and get to the Prem and try and establish. Once that happens, sell off to the highest bidder.

Skyblue_CP

Starting to think that it’s still going to be weeks and weeks before we’re any clearer on what’s actually happening.

Brighton Sky Blue

Was that what you asked for?

In any case, as mad as the Geordies may be, I don’t think anyone should be ignoring their concerns completely. Financial stability 15 years from now with a couple of relegations to League One in between might be OK, but I’m not sure it’s worth tracking his helicopter over.

Newcastle fans were unhappy that he didn't want to put in the kind of money needed to get them into the upper echelons of the top flight. I mean I say that, he sanctioned them spending £40 million on Joelinton and the net spend was well over £100 million in his time there.

I don't think his plan assuming he wants the club as well as the stadium would be to continue festering between the second and third tier.

The Philosopher

Reality of Ashley is he has put money into Newcastle. Yes they did bit of a yo-yo between Championship and Prem, but he left the club in the hands of some of the wealthiest people in the world.

If Ashley got the stadium and then the club, I suspect his end game would be similar. Get CBS and CCFC married and get to the Prem and try and establish. Once that happens, sell off to the highest bidder.
Same model that SISU had but to be fair to
MA he’s less likely to switch tap off as quick as SISU did.

What would SISU take?

£40m (£20m players the rest goodwill / Ryton etc)

What’s the Arena going to cost? £40m with some other liabilities added?

Is the whole CCFC plus Arena package worth £100m? Not sure it us.

As an aside (🤣) Derby stadium sold for £18m plus £3-4m to admin. Similar ground to CBS but without conference facilities. Might value CBS at £35m but it’s those repair conditions.

Brighton Sky Blue

What would SISU take?

£40m (£20k players the rest goodwill / Ryton etc)

As an aside (🤣) Derby stadium sold for £18m plus £3-4m to admin. Similar ground to CBS but without conference facilities. Might value CBS at £35m but it’s those repair conditions.

Think the council should be chipping in for some of those repairs

robbiethemole

What would SISU take?

£40m (£20k players the rest goodwill / Ryton etc)

I don’t think this admin will last for over 6 months like Derby’s so costs should be considerably lower

Winny the Bish

What is actually that bad about him?

Where do we start:
- Hired his mates for top jobs at the club
- Club was subject of a 4-year HMRC investigation
- Lied about the money managers had available to spend
- Lied to fans: “The club admitted to the tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”
- Completely neglected SJP
- Raised ticket prices by 20%
- Doubled club debt
- Newcastle were the 13th most valuable club in football when he took over, ahead of Spurs and Dortmund.

The Philosopher

Think the council should be chipping in for some of those repairs
Let’s phrase it differently and see if you still think the same:

“Coventry Council Tax payers should contribute for repairs on something that a big business was responsible for. Either taxpayers pay more or local services must get cut”

People often forget where the Council get their money.

robbiethemole

Where do we start:
- Hired his mates for top jobs at the club
- Club was subject of a 4-year HMRC investigation
- Lied about the money managers had available to spend
- Lied to fans: “The club admitted to the tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”
- Completely neglected SJP
- Raised ticket prices by 20%
- Doubled club debt
- Newcastle were the 13th most valuable club in football when he took over, ahead of Spurs and Dortmund.
Yes, but apart from all that??

AOM

EXECUTE OPERATION PREMIERSHIP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread