Wasps action (4 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

You would think the fixtures would be listed either side of our crest then???

Unless they're changing it on a game by game basis, not sure if that would cost extra or be included in whatever price they paid for it. I think it was a link to a CT story I read it in, can't remember for certain. I may be wrong, it just seemed to be in my memory that's what I'd read. It is more than a bit peculiar though, this late in the season.

Nick

Administrator
It said it was a couple of hundred quid to change the poster

On another note, anybody know much about projection?

D0cEEAsUUAIG_Xs.jpg:large

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How accurate is targetting?

For example to get on particular websites? I have seen you can do bidding stuff now but dont really understand it.

You can target in a variety of ways. You can use placement targeting so you only show on a (or multiple) websites. But that website would have to be on the google display network. Wouldn’t know what is or was without checking. For a lot of ours we target local newspapers and regional newspapers for example. You can then target by interests which is probably the least targeted as it’s defined by google from your behaviour while signed into a google owned product (YouTube or gmail etc), topics which are websites deemed to be on a specific topic, or keywords, the page the advert displays on will be themed around specific keywords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

There’s 5 games left. Do u not think the timing is odd m8 ?
They're doing something proactive. Not very often we get that so just take it.
Couple of sayings to go by.
"Better late than never" and "There's no time like the present"!
Before we knew it was the club who put it up it was all over here/Twitter etc. It got people talking. Who's Done it? Was it a fan led thing? etc.
If they'd of just put up the fixtures, everyone would of know it was done by the club, it would of had hardly any attention and people would of moaned it was a waste of money. Fair play to them I say. At least they're trying.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

They're doing something proactive. Not very often we get that so just take it.
Couple of sayings to go by.
"Better late than never" and "There's no time like the present"!
Before we knew it was the club who put it up it was all over here/Twitter etc. It got people talking. Who's Done it? Was it a fan led thing? etc.
If they'd of just put up the fixtures, everyone would of know it was done by the club, it would of had hardly any attention and people would of moaned it was a waste of money. Fair play to them I say. At least they're trying.

In a world of trust no-one, especially what they say is the reason, then I agree with US... the timing's odd. It may indeed be as given, but never trust unquestioningly!

shmmeee

It said it was a couple of hundred quid to change the poster

On another note, anybody know much about projection?

D0cEEAsUUAIG_Xs.jpg:large

Saw some activists rent a van with a projector in and go around projecting their message onto relevant buildings then putting it on social media.

Might be an ide a of we can get hold of one.

Nick

Administrator
Ah so they literally just project things to get photos and then turn it off? I did wonder if somebody would steal the equipment.

I just thought about projecting the CCFC badge on the council house, on the ricoh etc.

Would have been better if it was there all night for people to see it and then tell others about it.

skyblueinBaku

SkyBlueCRJ

Some good news that might be worth highlighting. If the club goes so does everything associated with it such as this.

Accolades such as this is great ammunition against CC. Taking the club out of the city or letting it fold completely will obviously have a significant effect on the local community - something which surely would be frowned upon given the recent 2021 and European of Sport wins.

shmmeee

Accolades such as this is great ammunition against CC. Taking the club out of the city or letting it fold completely will obviously have a significant effect on the local community - something which surely would be frowned upon given the recent 2021 and European of Sport wins.

Genuine question. What do you believe the council can do to stop it? What are we actually asking them to do other than “something”?

Note: “talk to Wasps” isn’t an answer.

SkyBlueCRJ

Genuine question. What do you believe the council can do to stop it? What are we actually asking them to do other than “something”?

Maybe act as a mediator between each party. At least it would get the club and Wasps around a table for discussions.

Nick

Administrator

Maybe they can tell the truth about the condition they put in? Why isn't Talk to Wasps an answer? Are you naive enough to think the council don't have any clout? (They themselves have said they have in the past).

The council are trying to setup meetings with ALDI to stop a shop from closing but refuse to meet the club? Put aside the passion, what is the biggest loss economically?

shmmeee

Maybe act as a mediator between each party. At least it would get the club and Wasps around a table for discussions.

Not sure many would buy that they’re impartial in a negotiation about dropping the legal action against them TBF.

chiefdave

Why isn't talk to Wasps an answer? They clearly have influence over them and that is exactly what they do in other situations.

If JLR said they were leaving Coventry should the council just act as if it wasn't happening or work to keep them here?

Besides the council have previously stated that if SISU drop the legal action they can assist the club. So unless that was another lie the council have the means to help but are refusing to do so.

Not to mention they are still the freeholder.

shmmeee

Maybe they can tell the truth about the condition they put in? Why isn't Talk to Wasps an answer? Are you naive enough to think the council don't have any clout? (They themselves have said they have in the past).

The council are trying to setup meetings with ALDI to stop a shop from closing but refuse to meet the club? Put aside the passion, what is the biggest loss economically?

ALDI. Employs more people locally. CCFC fans will likely still spend their money in Cov if CCFC go bust. And most of the money they spend at the moment goes out of the City or to journeyman players who aren’t part of the community. Genuinely.

And talk to Wasps isn’t an answer because it’s not actually an action. It assumes a) CCC don’t want the legals dropped and b) Wasps would listen.

I know they’ve made mistakes, but where we are only Wasps and Sisu can actually do anything. Shame the council for what they’ve done, just seems a bit silly to bring them in now when they aren’t actually able to impact anything.

As for the freeholder argument. You know what I’d say to my landlord if he chipped in about anything other than the terms of my lease? “Fuck off mate”

Nick

Administrator
ALDI. Employs more people locally. CCFC fans will likely still spend their money in Cov if CCFC go bust. And most of the money they spend at the moment goes out of the City or to journeyman players who aren’t part of the community. Genuinely.

And talk to Wasps isn’t an answer because it’s not actually an action. It assumes a) CCC don’t want the legals dropped and b) Wasps would listen.

I know they’ve made mistakes, but where we are only Wasps and Sisu can actually do anything. Shame the council for what they’ve done, just seems a bit silly to bring them in now when they aren’t actually able to impact anything.

So the ALDI shop that is closing alone employs more people? Really? Think you must be on a wind up now. How many do you think work in that store?

Yet Duggins is writing letters begging for a meeting to try and resolve it. They want to discuss the decision and highlight the importance of the store to surrounding communities.

This is a store that has another branch about a mile down the road.

Talking to Wasps is an answer, the council have implied themselves that it is something they could do.

chiefdave

What so your answer is the council can do absolutely nothing then?
Exactly. If the council are completely powerless over this, a site they own the freehold on leased to a club they were instrumental in bringing to the city, then they might as well shutdown.

pastythegreat

They could remind w**ps of the agreements made when the Ricoh was sold to them.
The damage has already been done in the sale of the Ricoh, but councillors voted for the sale under the agreement that CCFC and CRFC would be safe.
They need to act like a council for a change and not tale sides in a petty argument.
Not for SISU, not for CCFC but for the electrolate

chiefdave

ALDI. Employs more people locally.
Really? A single Aldi store in Bell Green employs more people than CCFC does across its multiple sites?
CCFC fans will likely still spend their money in Cov if CCFC go bust.
What are you basing this on? There are thousands of fans who aren't from Coventry, not to mention all the fans of the clubs we play who only visit the city for one reason.
And most of the money they spend at the moment goes out of the City or to journeyman players who aren’t part of the community. Genuinely.
This applies to basically every business in the city. Shall we close them all down?​
Its complete nonsense to say it isn't an action. You've basically asked a question, highlighted the primary answer and then said you won't accept that answer. You might as well ask people what 2+2 is but say you won't accept 4 as an answer.
As for the freeholder argument. You know what I’d say to my landlord if he chipped in about anything other than the terms of my lease? “Fuck off mate”
That would do your relationship with them the world of good. Wasps have been helped greatly by the council, the idea that they would turn round and tell them to 'fuck off' is ludicrous.

SkyBlueCRJ

Exactly. If the council are completely powerless over this, a site they own the freehold on leased to a club they were instrumental in bringing to the city, then they might as well shutdown.

The council should act in the best interests of the city. Partiality/impartiality has nothing to do with them mediating a discussion between Wasps and CCFC as they're simply saying "I'm the bigger person/party and offering a solution to something that could deeply effect the city and the surrounding area". If they can't act in the best interests of the city that concerns a dispute over a site they own the freehold for then god help Coventry and Warwickshire in the years to come.

Nick

Administrator
The council should act in the best interests of the city. Partiality/impartiality has nothing to do with them mediating a discussion between Wasps and CCFC as they're simply saying "I'm the bigger person/party and offering a solution to something that could deeply effect the city and the surrounding area". If they can't act in the best interests of the city that concerns a dispute over a site they own the freehold for then god help Coventry and Warwickshire in the years to come.

They can, anybody with half a brain knows they can. They just don't want to.

However, the same as Wasps they just need to say "Blame SISU" and then people go the other way.

SkyBlueCRJ

They can, anybody with half a brain knows they can. They just don't want to.

However, the same as Wasps they just need to say "Blame SISU" and then people go the other way.

I really don't see the benefits of them not wanting to do at least something to help. Understandably they want SISU out of the picture but if they stand idly by whilst the club goes under then SISU will just come after them with litigation even harder. It seems that they genuinely don't understand this or fail to think it's remotely possible. Surely they don't honestly believe that if CCFC goes under then SISU will just magically disappear back to London?

Nick

Administrator
I really don't see the benefits of them not wanting to do at least something to help. Understandably they want SISU out of the picture but if they stand idly by whilst the club goes under then SISU will just come after them with litigation even harder. It seems that they genuinely don't understand this or fail to think it's remotely possible. Surely they don't honestly believe that if CCFC goes under then SISU will just magically disappear back to London?

Or Is this whole thing a Haskell Mk2?

Nick

Administrator
It probably is. But that still doesn't remove SISU from the equation with regards to the legals though does it, and equally won't that just more than likely conjure up another litigation battle?

More than likely, it didn't stop them trying it before with Haskell though.

There is much more to it it seems, the same reason nobody is making any statements on Wasps / CCC needing to sort things as well as SISU.

Why aren't the Trust and the local media demanding that the council meet with Boddy, for example? Instead, the Council Leader just brags that public opinion is on his side and then mocks Boddy a bit for trying to get a meeting. What happens? A secret meeting with a statement sympathetic to them after.

I'd be baffled if there isn't more going on, that would mean people genuinely are really, really thick.

SkyBlueCRJ

More than likely, it didn't stop them trying it before with Haskell though.

There is much more to it, the same reason nobody is making any statements on Wasps / CCC needing to sort things as well as SISU.

My point is though that from their perspective, CC need to look at it as CCFC staying in Coventry at the Ricoh is the lesser of two evils. Yes, the SISU/CC litigation battle may continue but SISU are still losing. If CCFC go under though I'd hedge my bets on the fact that SISU's losing streak could well change.

Nick

Administrator
My point is though that from their perspective, CC need to look at it as CCFC staying in Coventry at the Ricoh is the lesser of two evils. Yes, the SISU/CC litigation battle may continue but SISU are still losing. If CCFC go under though I'd hedge my bets on the fact that SISU's losing streak could well change.

They don't need to, they have sarcastically said that they know full well the effects and the loss the club would be.

Yet the same bloke is trying to get a meeting with Aldi about a shop closing when there is another one just up the road.

They want to discuss the decision and highlight the importance of the store to surrounding communities.

Ironic isn't it?

SkyBlueCRJ

They don't need to, they have sarcastically said that they know full well the effects and the loss the club would be.

Yet the same bloke is trying to get a meeting with Aldi about a shop closing when there is another one just up the road.

Ironic isn't it?

I'm sorry but the fact they're being sarcastic about it proves that they haven't considered the true ramifications or aren't taking them seriously. Theoretically if SISU are successful they could claim tens of millions off the council.

Users who are viewing this thread