Is this whole thing a Haskell Mk2? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
By no means fact and just an observation, I will point that out first. It's not based on anything other than taking a step back and looking at things playing out.

Last time we saw ACL / Council / Haskell try to force a change of ownership and it backfired.

People have acknowledged that Wasps know full well the difficulty that they can put CCFC under and the latest thing is pointing out the accounts need to be filed so it is getting more and more obvious that it's the approach being taken. The silence towards Wasps about it is also deafening.

Have they / the council lined somebody up they want to take over and think it can be forced?

If obviously it works and we live happily ever after then great, if it doesn't and backfires again what could the potential outcome be?

At the minute the worst case is no more club.

*This isn't me saying I don't want new owners, this is me pointing out the risks and how it may backfire like it did last time.

Last edited:

Magwitch

As we stand presently come May we have no ground which puts our existence in jeopardy to solve this sisu are required by Wasps to cease the legals. Since the Haskell days there had been a number of failed bids to buy the club off sisu, do you include them in the above descriptions.

Nick

Administrator
As we stand presently come May we have no ground which puts our existence in jeopardy to solve this sisu are required by Wasps to cease the legals. Since the Haskell days there had been a number of failed bids to buy the club off sisu, do you include them in the above descriptions.

I am talking specifically about the Haskell incident where ACL had a new owner lined up and tried to force the change.

It's been pointed out that Wasps are holding out to pressure the club to get at SISU. They aren't going to drop the legals so the worst case is the club are screwed and can't file accounts.

There's a sudden focus that the club can't file accounts as well and there's very little will to at least say anything to Wasps about it (as well as SISU).

Liquid Gold

I think they could have another owner in the wings. I think it's also possible that if Sisu did liquidate then they think there would be enough support for a phoenix and the death of the club would be acceptable collateral.

Liquid Gold

No, where Wasps have pointed out the Accs need filing etc.
The account filing issue wasn't mentioned until the Trust meeting where it was proposed by a member of the board and has been pushed non stop on many channels since then.

Doesn't take too big a leap of faith to suggest they have been briefed on it.

Nick

Administrator
I think they could have another owner in the wings. I think it's also possible that if Sisu did liquidate then they think there would be enough support for a phoenix and the death of the club would be acceptable collateral.

Which is great if a new owner comes in and it all pays off.

What if it backfires like last time?

It's what I mean when people put all of their eggs in the Wasps / CCC basket like they did last time with ACL / Haskell.

prestonkh.jpg

SkyBlueScottie

Ok, I wasn't aware this was the case. Which ACC's are late, the ones related to the football things or the Sisi group overall. Why is it such an issue now as in the last few years the Accs have been submitted.

Nick

Administrator
Ok, I wasn't aware this was the case. Which ACC's are late, the ones related to the football things or the Sisi group overall. Why is it such an issue now as in the last few years the Accs have been submitted.

No, they aren't late but they can't be filed if we can't confirm where we will play.

It's obviously completely in Wasps hands to then pressure that ;)

chiefdave

there's a bit of a similarity
I would say there's more than a bit of a similarity, its very much following the same path.

Interestingly at the same time this has started up I've seen several people trying to rewrite history and claim there was never an attempt to force an ownership change.

Liquid Gold

I would say there's more than a bit of a similarity, its very much following the same path.

Interestingly at the same time this has started up I've seen several people trying to rewrite history and claim there was never an attempt to force an ownership change.
It's so similar to last time that part of me thinks they can't be this fucking stupid again can they?

chiefdave

The accounts will be prepared but they can't sign off with the business a going concern if there is nowhere to play next season. Therefore they would miss the FL deadline for filing and go in to a transfer embargo.

chiefdave

It's so similar to last time that part of me thinks they can't be this fucking stupid again can they?
Its worrying. There was calls for pressure on all sides and so far we've seen the trust and associates having a go at SISU, have a mutual back patting session with the council and writing to Wasps telling them they understand their position. That's not my definition of pressure on all sides.

Nick

Administrator

This is what's worrying me.

Amazing if it works and I will be as chuffed as the next person if we live happily ever after but what happens if it goes tits up like it did last time :(

Magwitch

Obviously there is brinkmanship going on but as I see it it is sisu who have to blink on the legals if they want the business to be a going concern I can’t see any other option. I always thought it would be the Wasp side who would back down but can’t see now why they would, this whole thing is a big worry.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously there is brinkmanship going on but as I see it it is sisu who have to blink on the legals if they want the business to be a going concern I can’t see any other option. I always thought it would be the Wasp side who would back down but can’t see now why they would, this whole thing is a big worry.

To anybody with common sense there should be pressure on anybody who can blink or have any impact on making others blink.

Like I said on another thread, if there are 2 people you want to make blink. Throw sand in both their eyes to help.

The fact that there is no will to say anything about Wasps or the Council is suspicious and makes me think there's more things going on we don't know about.

Like I said, it is only based on the similarities to last time and the silence when it comes to Wasps. (the same as there was with ACL last time)

Liquid Gold

But there is an argument that we would be worth more to Sisu through the courts if we were forcibly liquidated so they have no need to blink.

Magwitch

Yes liquid there is that argument but what a dangerous step that could be for sisu and us, by us I’m talking the future of ccfc.

Liquid Gold

Yes liquid there is that argument but what a dangerous step that could be for sisu and us, by us I’m talking the future of ccfc.
Of course but Sisu don't care about us. They only care about their return and any court case will be made much stronger when an asset with ~£80m loaded on to it is forced out of business.

Magwitch

I’m
Of course but Sisu don't care about us. They only care about their return and any court case will be made much stronger when an asset with ~£80m loaded on to it is forced out of business.
if that was to happen going out of business would it be classed as “forced” sounds like another court case to me.

Liquid Gold

I’m

if that was to happen going out of business would it be classed as “forced” sounds like another court case to me.
I mean, as stupid as it is Sisu have a legal right to pursue things in the courts if they think they've been wronged. Landlords not allowing them to talk, The Council not letting them play in the city and the EFL not allowing them to move out of it would be pretty watertight from where I'm sitting.

chiefdave

As you say there's more than one side who can back down and we all know that SISU aren't going to suddenly stop the legals no matter how much we want them to.

Given that the best point to apply pressure would appear to be Wasps but none of the fans groups, in particular the Trust, seem to want to do that.

Nick

Administrator
As you say there's more than one side who can back down and we all know that SISU aren't going to suddenly stop the legals no matter how much we want them to.

Given that the best point to apply pressure would appear to be Wasps but none of the fans groups, in particular the Trust, seem to want to do that.

There's no reason both can't be hammered to see which works.

Captain Dart

The account filing issue wasn't mentioned until the Trust meeting where it was proposed by a member of the board and has been pushed non stop on many channels since then.

Doesn't take too big a leap of faith to suggest they have been briefed on it.

Wasn't it OSB that raised the issue first. I've always found him very even handed and careful to get his facts right.

Users who are viewing this thread