Wasps action (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
This.
I was one of the first to jump on Nick's posts on the Luton demonstration. This time he has a point. There's some great suggestions on this thread.
Seems poor form to put up a thread to ask for ideas, then ignore everyone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It was obvious even then, hence I point these things out! It has been for months that there is no interest in listening to constructive things on here.

The thread was only made because I made a point of it and ask people on here for ideas as it could be constructive. It gets really constructive, people realise there is no interest and then it dies out.

Nick

Administrator
Aye. Nowt wrong, even, with saying great, will get onto it after doing something at Accrington. Doesn't have to be an either / or, after all.

My annoyance is just the complete predictable ignorance of it. There was clearly no interest in listening to them, like the time before and the time before that. The same as the hours I spent discussing things with them about Sixfields, the ideas asked for when Wasps were going to move to the Higgs.

It turned out exactly like I said about the emergency meeting. Ask for ideas and questions, ask for things they can do. A week later "We are going to protest at games against SISU" and completely ignored everything else.

Nobody expects every single idea to be taken up and done. However there has been constructive discussion on how to pressure all sides. The only interest is the little circle with them and JHW.

Then people wonder why there are agendas at play?

Grendel

Who said it was going to do any harm?

Whilst you are too busy getting excited and back patting, it will achieve absolutely fuck all apart from a few fans from other teams saying #fanpower over and over again. CJ has come on here, asked for ideas, completely ignored them and just gone with the same thing as last week.

You might realise that someday when you pull your head out of their arses, people go on about SISU doing the same thing over and over again with no different results. Again it's all about following their example.

So can you answer..Who is it going to pressure? What momentum is it carrying on? Like I said, people are blinded by going on about something being a success because they got a few back pats and their face on telly. Want to do the same again, regardless of any thought.

The Trust and the little circle are becoming the minority by the day. There is only so much CJ can come on here and treat people like they are thick. People can see straight through it, every single time.

I don’t know why you keep giving the guy any credit - he’s just another Trust stooge

pastythegreat

The trust aren't interested in here.
They ask for ideas for lip service, nothing more.
Problem is, people on here don't take things they say as fact and actually ask questions rather than just fly of the handle at SISU because jimmy hill way said so. All they want is puppets they can direct to wave SISU out banners.
Why ask a question then ignore the answers? The sooner the Trust are out of business the better. I think they should all just fuck off and trust Cov Utd or something.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

The problem with things like this though is that fans of other clubs just think “oh, they’ve got shit owners who are killing the club”. There’s no context to what is happening and the owners are not the only obstacle (they are twats though). I don’t recall hearing the Sky Sports commentators talking about the issues around Wasps and the Council (could be wrong though) and yet CJ specifically said he’d informed them of it.

Captain Dart

From what you can easily find online it is likely to be a group of very wealthy American business associates of Seppala and her husband hiding behind the anonimity of a Cayman Islands registered business. I give no credence to the local connection.
This will upset Joy's investors if it happens.

Tax havens under UK jurisdiction could be forced to be more open about who owns assets held there if a group of MPs get their way next week.

MPs in fresh push over money laundering

pastythegreat

My 1st attempt at anything like this.
Thoughts?
16715158dd658d7a530c9a1ae2554036.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

It's bollocks, while everybody is dilly dallying about saying "well done" and "good luck" it is doing absolutely nothing.

You wouldn't keep patting a child on the back when something they do doesn't work or is wrong. It would give them the wrong idea, you tell them to find a way. Try different things.

It is laughable at how predictable it all is. It was obvious within a few posts CJ had no interest, I even left it a while before pointing it out to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you say anything it's "We are busy with our jobs" to try and make people stop pointing things out, sorry to say but that's absolute bullshit as well.

People really aren't fools.

And if you stick up for them all you get is this shit about back patting .
I for one don't give a shit about back patting I do it because I am worried about my club.
Btw I am going to Accrington but not actually taking part this time.
The other arguement you get is why haven't they took my idea it was the best and would've worked fucking trust should do it not my job too organise it.
Sorry mate don't buy it, if your that passionate about a something and no one listens do it yourself lots already have.

Nick

Administrator
And if you stick up for them all you get is this shit about back patting .
I for one don't give a shit about back patting I do it because I am worried about my club.
Btw I am going to Accrington but not actually taking part this time.
The other arguement you get is why haven't they took my idea it was the best and would've worked fucking trust should do it not my job too organise it.
Sorry mate don't buy it, if your that passionate about a something and no one listens do it yourself lots already have.

Yes, you get the truth back at you.

Maybe it's why only CJ at least tries (tried) to communicate.

Its much easier to stick to people blowing smoke up your arse isn't it?

You have 2 bog standard replies "do it yourself", "what have you done". That's it, over and over again.

Maybe you can answer why moz scrambles to get in the media speaking on behalf of fans when in reality he doesn't represent the majority of them?

The silence is deafening isn't it? Its no wonder people think there is more to it.

Why did CJ make the thread?

Difference is, not everybody is so naive to believe the things that are said.

CJ_covblaze

Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet on here. Alot of posts came very quickly and I ended up with a few pages to get though and not much time to do it due to an increased workload. I have taken note of what’s been said and I feel there are some excellent suggestions not just on here but also on Twitter. If anyone is on Facebook if you can go through the newsfeed/timeline (I’ve not got a clue how it works on there) and find any decent ideas it would be useful. It’s taken a while for me to get through them all but I’m on my own when it comes to this sort of thing so I’m doing the best I can.

The LED board in the car park - I’ve spoke to Elonex. They have said they can give us a significant discount. The prices range from 1800-5400 ex VAT with that discount. This we do feel is reasonable and is something we can do with the fighting fund but it would almost completely wipe it out. We’d need to try to recoup this somehow so we can do other useful things. I’m talking to a couple of potential commercial sponsors to help out with it however I’m not sure how long it will take and time is of the essence. If we can create some kind of crowdfund or if anyone would like to contribute into the fighting fund it would be a big help.

A few things aimed at Wasps, CCC, EFL that have been mentioned on here and Twitter either are or will be implemented. It’s best I don’t say anything more than that for now aside from there are a couple of prominent members of this forum that are helping out with it.

The images that have been created with quotes on are superb. I’d love to get a load of banners made with the classics from Lucas, her colleagues, Labovitch, Wasps, Fisher, the EFL, MPs, Seppala, and many more. I’m thinking if law permits (would it be considered too distracting?) to get a load done with those quotes done and put them on bridges etc. The cost of those will be around 150 quid each. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to put them up and leave them as they will get taken down so it would need a few people to put them up on bridges during rush hour, wait for that to finish and then take them down. They could then be rotated to a different location the next day or in the Evening rush hour so different ones are seen by different people and it shows it’s a balanced approach.

There are plenty of other good ideas that have been put forward and I will update in due course.

Edit: After talking to Patsy there’s also the mobile LED board. I love that idea and can think of dozens of places it can go to create a positive impact. I have been meaning to give him a call for the last day or so but will make it my first job in the morning.

Nick

Administrator
If you need funds, expertise, contacts etc then just post what you need.

If you are guaranteeing that all sides will be a targeted then people are more likely to donate to crowdfund something. It is as simple as that.

fernandopartridge

Whilst I agree that Nick is a moany bastard about a lot of things, there have been some excellent ideas provided in this thread and yet none of them have been responded to and this has popped up. All for it if it makes people feel a bit better about the situation, but it’s not exerting any pressure at all.

Surprised they managed to sort that banner considering everyone has businesses to run etc.
The banner is a load of self indulgent rubbish imo

Nick

Administrator
It would be interesting to know which prominent members are already involved though? First I have heard of it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Happy to contribute aswell! They all need their heads bashing together, and save this football club.

As I’ve said before The Trust is the only ones with the logistics and influence to get fans to target all parties. If they start doing that I’m on board.

I will reiterate @CJ_covblaze, can you confirm why the trust hasn’t condemned Wasps move. And if they don’t, wouldn’t they be hypocritical if they condemned any move by the football club out of the city temporarily given that it could be that or extinction?

kg82

What pressure and what momentum?

I am sure people live in different universes.

"Can we have some good ideas?"
"Actually, we will hold something up on a certain minute and do a sit in for a game that's not even on TV anyway."

Nick, I respect most things you say, but the way you go on about others doing something (even if it’s not the biggest thing) is a bit disgraceful.

If you feel so strongly that what they are doing is going about it the wrong way, you get up, stop typing about how they should do it and start doing it yourself.

You’ve got a platform here to gather support. You have actually come up with some good ideas, I’ve read them! But you need to stop complaining and do something if you’re not happy.

It’s obvious CJ isn’t taking any notice of you, but it doesn’t have to be just him doing something.

The way I look at it, I’m not going to condone any action taken. I might be naive, but I think it shows people care. It’s not hurting anyone and for some it’s comforting. For me, it’s better than just talking about things that can be done, on an online supporters forum.

CJ_covblaze

Happy to contribute aswell! They all need their heads bashing together, and save this football club.

As I’ve said before The Trust is the only ones with the logistics and influence to get fans to target all parties. If they start doing that I’m on board.

I will reiterate @CJ_covblaze, can you confirm why the trust hasn’t condemned Wasps move. And if they don’t, wouldn’t they be hypocritical if they condemned any move by the football club out of the city temporarily given that it could be that or extinction?

You know my feelings on this. I’ve made them clear. Don’t know what to say apart from that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You know my feelings on this. I’ve made them clear. Don’t know what to say apart from that.
I know your personal thoughts. I just want to know why collectively the trust doesn’t condemn their presence.

As CCFCs fan group, and as a group which went through Northampton I find it incredulous that, the fact they’ve moved in, the Trust hasn’t been against this.

It must have been discussed, it seems like the group is too cosy with them?

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I respect most things you say, but the way you go on about others doing something (even if it’s not the biggest thing) is a bit disgraceful.

If you feel so strongly that what they are doing is going about it the wrong way, you get up, stop typing about how they should do it and start doing it yourself.

You’ve got a platform here to gather support. You have actually come up with some good ideas, I’ve read them! But you need to stop complaining and do something if you’re not happy.

It’s obvious CJ isn’t taking any notice of you, but it doesn’t have to be just him doing something.

The way I look at it, I’m not going to condone any action taken. I might be naive, but I think it shows people care. It’s not hurting anyone and for some it’s comforting. For me, it’s better than just talking about things that can be done, on an online supporters forum.

Yeah you are right. You are pretty naive.

I point things out because I want them to work. Why shouldn't I ask the Trust I am a member of to listen to fans ideas?

I'd say the Trust completely disregarding the thoughts and views of members to just go with a select couple from within their circle is more disgraceful, don't you?

While people are getting all excited week in, week out about holding something up. They will slowly realise it does absolutely nothing but make somebody feel satisfied.

Liquid Gold has summed it up a few times but it gets missed. He said he gets annoyed because he wants things to work and the trust to be successful. It sums it up.

It's all well and good saying "if you dont like it do it yourself". Why don't the Trust start their own football club if they aren't happy? The irony about them whinging about fans rights, fan power is quite funny considering they dont give a shit about their own members.

If there is a platform here, I wonder why the Trust completely disregard it? Judging by the majority of views on here and social media (I dont use FB but people are saying the tide is turning) then it looks a bit like the Trust could well be in a small minority due to just listening to a couple of people in their circle.

AStonesThrow

Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet on here. Alot of posts came very quickly and I ended up with a few pages to get though and not much time to do it due to an increased workload. I have taken note of what’s been said and I feel there are some excellent suggestions not just on here but also on Twitter. If anyone is on Facebook if you can go through the newsfeed/timeline (I’ve not got a clue how it works on there) and find any decent ideas it would be useful. It’s taken a while for me to get through them all but I’m on my own when it comes to this sort of thing so I’m doing the best I can.

The LED board in the car park - I’ve spoke to Elonex. They have said they can give us a significant discount. The prices range from 1800-5400 ex VAT with that discount. This we do feel is reasonable and is something we can do with the fighting fund but it would almost completely wipe it out. We’d need to try to recoup this somehow so we can do other useful things. I’m talking to a couple of potential commercial sponsors to help out with it however I’m not sure how long it will take and time is of the essence. If we can create some kind of crowdfund or if anyone would like to contribute into the fighting fund it would be a big help.

A few things aimed at Wasps, CCC, EFL that have been mentioned on here and Twitter either are or will be implemented. It’s best I don’t say anything more than that for now aside from there are a couple of prominent members of this forum that are helping out with it.

The images that have been created with quotes on are superb. I’d love to get a load of banners made with the classics from Lucas, her colleagues, Labovitch, Wasps, Fisher, the EFL, MPs, Seppala, and many more. I’m thinking if law permits (would it be considered too distracting?) to get a load done with those quotes done and put them on bridges etc. The cost of those will be around 150 quid each. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to put them up and leave them as they will get taken down so it would need a few people to put them up on bridges during rush hour, wait for that to finish and then take them down. They could then be rotated to a different location the next day or in the Evening rush hour so different ones are seen by different people and it shows it’s a balanced approach.

There are plenty of other good ideas that have been put forward and I will update in due course.

Edit: After talking to Patsy there’s also the mobile LED board. I love that idea and can think of dozens of places it can go to create a positive impact. I have been meaning to give him a call for the last day or so but will make it my first job in the morning.
Hi cj just a thought, If you're going to be doing the posters/banners, would it not be proactive to put posters up around Coventry city center and the surrounding area? Obviously our plight is with keeping the Ricoh, but what with its uncentered location, surely putting banners etc around that area won't yield a huge amount of attention. Most Coventrians, tourists or students, will be in and around the city center at some point during the next few weeks. If money is being spent, why not utilise them to their highest potential, possibly informing people visiting from outside the city or students on what's going on. Not sure on the legalities of doing this, and obviously would be good to cover the Ricoh area, but was just a thought. Supermarkets around Coventry was another idea, poster boards above urinals, maybe even a banner at front of shop? Worth a try

shepardo01

As i have said before, I would contribute an amount if it meant direction at CCC and particularly Wasps (as apart from legals aspect) as they hold the cards. Also, on this occasion, as stated before, I Would go into a wasps game if anything was planned for that, or outside the ground.
I must add, as it has been insunuated on here, that I and EVERY supporter I have spoken to would be very angry if there was an underlying agenda (Trust/JHW) to actually try to force or manufacture a liquidation/reform of the club. Bye academy, bye history, bye league football bye majority of fanbase, bye any decent standard of football, bye bye club when people get bored at no progress through non league.... then bye bye club althogether....

Nick

Administrator
As i have said before, I would contribute an amount if it meant direction at CCC and particularly Wasps (as apart from legals aspect) as they hold the cards. Also, on this occasion, as stated before, I Would go into a wasps game if anything was planned for that, or outside the ground.
I must add, as it has been insunuated on here, that I and EVERY supporter I have spoken to would be very angry if there was an underlying agenda (Trust/JHW) to actually try to force or manufacture a liquidation/reform of the club. Bye academy, bye history, bye league football bye majority of fanbase, bye any decent standard of football, bye bye club when people get bored at no progress through non league.... then bye bye club althogether....
Every side should be pressured, not just particular ones.

Captain Dart

It would be interesting to know which prominent members are already involved though? First I have heard of it.
Obviously not you.

Captain Dart

Maybe they don't exist ;)
Maybe you should listen to the several people on here that have suggested you stop critisising anything anyone else does and do something yourself.
Let everyone know what you do so we can reassess your character.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe you should listen to the several people on here that have suggested you stop critisising anything anyone else does and do something yourself.
Let everyone know what you do so we can reassess your character.

Ah, the several people who just defend the trust regardless and are deluded enough to think it's actually pressuring anybody?

Its as if you don't like the obvious pointed out. Wonder why?

I'm sure I'll sleep tonight with you questioning my character. The guy with multiple to agree with himself.

Worried about pressure on other sides? Don't worry you don't seem to be alone.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Ah, the several people who just defend the trust regardless?

Its as if you don't like the obvious pointed out. Wonder why?

I'm sure I'll sleep tonight with you questioning my character. The guy with multiple to agree with himself.

Worried about pressure on other sides? Don't worry you don't seem to be alone.
I am doing essentially nothing, haven't even been to a trust meeting in a couple of years.
I am not worried anyway, SISU will not let the club die like some people seem to think.
The Sky Blues will be playing next year and almost certainly at the Ricoh, as this extract from the SBS&L accounts suggest.
upload_2019-3-2_10-24-11.png

Its the longer term future that needs resolving, I hope Wasps and CCFC can agree a deal and we can get back to normal.
If they do sort it out and the danger of litigation is removed I will be getting a season ticket again.
This is the closest we've been to a fix & I'm hopeful.

Nick

Administrator
I am doing essentially nothing, haven't even been to a trust meeting in a couple of years.
I am not worried anyway, SISU will not let the club die like some people seem to think.
The Sky Blues will be playing next year and almost certainly at the Ricoh, as this extract from the SBS&L accounts suggest.
View attachment 11640

Its the longer term future that needs resolving, I hope Wasps and CCFC can agree a deal and we can get back to normal.
If they do sort it out and the danger of litigation is removed I will be getting a season ticket again.
This is the closest we've been to a fix & I'm hopeful.
Can't remember saying you had. I'm sure the accounts being filed as put the cat amongst the pigeons though.

"We?" Are you talking about your personalities or Cov United?

Ashdown

I read some of this thread and wonder, really wonder if SISU are not orchestrating their own propaganda through some of these posters. Only here do you really hear so much about 'All the other parties'. It's blown out of all proportion, SISU are the chief protagonists in our predicament, their 'tactics' and threats have led us to this and people need to keep remembering that. Only they can actually call a halt to pointless litigation. They may have a valid point in some of their arguments but they blew it, the other parties involved are not mugs and have covered their arses and that's why they have lost every court action to date. It will be SISU who kill our club if anyone........the others just didn't give us any first aid to save us.

Nick

Administrator
I read some of this thread and wonder, really wonder if SISU are not orchestrating their own propaganda through some of these posters. Only here do you really hear so much about 'All the other parties'. It's blown out of all proportion, SISU are the chief protagonists in our predicament, their 'tactics' and threats have led us to this and people need to keep remembering that. Only they can actually call a halt to pointless litigation. They may have a valid point in some of their arguments but they blew it, the other parties involved are not mugs and have covered their arses and that's why they have lost every court action to date. It will be SISU who kill our club if anyone........the others just didn't give us any first aid to save us.

Only here wanting pressure on all sides to try and get a deal? It really isn't.

Let's not let facts get in the way of things though.

SkyBlueCRJ

The club or fans can't do anything about getting SISU removed except wait. Fans chanting SISU OUT and organising marches comprised of four people and a bloke with a drum or Nige saying he'll strangle JS isn't going to make them leave as they clearly care little about how they're perceived in the media. Which means we have to apply pressure to said 'other parties' to force action.

Nick

Administrator
The club or fans can't do anything about getting SISU removed except wait. Fans chanting SISU OUT and organising marches comprised of four people and a bloke with a drum or Nige saying he'll strangle JS isn't going to make them leave as they clearly care little about how they're percieved in the media. Which means we have to apply pressure to said 'other parties'.
It doesn't mean pressure against sisu shouldn't happen. The things you mention aren't really pressure, are they?

SkyBlueCRJ

It doesn't mean pressure against sisu shouldn't happen. The things you mention aren't really pressure, are they?

No we still need to apply pressure obviously. But given the short time span we have until the EFL vote do you honestly think it's time effective chanting SISU OUT and fans demanding they leave on Facebook? What's that going to do to help us remain at the Ricoh?

Users who are viewing this thread