Walsall (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

And when he gets more assists than anyone else.

Yeah! Besides scoring and having loads of assists, he nearly always chooses the wrong option!

It's a bit like 'what have the Romans ever done for us' I think.

Hadji10

He could have twice as many if he engaged his fucking brain. Games like tonight he's a waste of time.

Don't get why people don't like Phillips, done fuck all wrong tonight. Another young kid we've threw away in the bin already along with Burge and Haynes, shame.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm still looking for 4 points from theses two massive games so won't get too down.

After the first half I thought we had the upper hand and would get the three points but Walsall wanted it more second half and forced us into errors, giving them space on both flanks. That said we had chances but didn't take them.

clint van damme

He could have twice as many if he engaged his fucking brain. Games like tonight he's a waste of time.

Don't get why people don't like Phillips, done fuck all wrong tonight. Another young kid we've threw away in the bin already along with Burge and Haynes, shame.

hes a kid FFS! Not many wingers you couldn't level the wrong option accusation at at his age.

Agree with your comments about the other youngsters though.

Voice_of_Reason

The important thing is we didn't lose. We are still one win away from second place. There are still twenty games to play. Provided we win more than the other teams around us then automatics are there for the taking. This wasn't a bad result all things considered.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agree. First half we totally dominated and looked very much an automatic promotion placed side.

We ran out if steam second half (ring rusty?), but even then we came back and had a 10 minute period where we dominated and had 3 good opportunities to kill the game.

I am more confident too. Hunt will prove to be a good acquisiton, Lorentzson too hopefully. Just need that dominant centre back and another goalscorer.
Yea, I just think we have the best squad. Cole is getting better and fitter every game. Maddison will only get stronger and better with game time. Armstrong and Murphy are both match winners at this level and we're continuing to add and improve with Lorentzton, Ramage, Hunt and Rose already signed whilst our rivals are standing still.

Think we deserved to win tonight and Walsall were fortunate to take away a point.

clint van damme

The important thing is we didn't lose. We are still one win away from second place. There are still twenty games to play. Provided we win more than the other teams around us then automatics are there for the taking. This wasn't a bad result all things considered.

That's why you're called voice of reason!

covcity4life

Said I'd take a point beforehand but when your leading till 80th minute thr overusing emotion is disaapointment.

Still were still unbeaton at home and I think we will get the 3pts vs Burton on Saturday

We can still go top on Saturday! Chin up

P.s look at Wigan. Everyone on here fears them but they gave away 3 goal lead at home today! We are good enough for autos so let's just let next few fixtures play out and see how we do

stevefloyd

Cole looked classy a few times tonight starting to link with Armstrong.. Armstrong battled really well... Stokes had a very good game but murphy should have been brought off 20 mins before the end for Lameiras.. he was leaving haynes exposed all the time and didnt close down their right back which led to their goal.. Sawer looked a class act...never seen him give the ball away all night

Hadji10

We need to put a run of wins together and quick. No good winning one drawing two, win one draw one. You'll just end up staying where you are.

ccfc92

Said I'd take a point beforehand but when your leading till 80th minute thr overusing emotion is disaapointment.

Still were still unbeaton at home and I think we will get the 3pts vs Burton on Saturday

We can still go top on Saturday! Chin up

P.s look at Wigan. Everyone on here fears them but they gave away 3 goal lead at home today! We are good enough for autos so let's just let next few fixtures play out and see how we do

This is always the case. You'd be happy with a point, but after the game you feel short changed with a point.

However, like you say, let's all laugh at Wigan :laugh: :pointlaugh:

Great_Expectations

I actually thought Haynes and Phillips had better games than usual, I'm not doubting they can perform at a level, but that level is not strong enough to start in a team chasing automatic promotion.

For someone known for his attacking intent, Haynes was incredibly tentative today, I can't remember him overlapping much. One point in the first half he was motionless when Murphy played an obvious pass for him to run onto.

Phillips worries me with his approach to challenges i.e. gung ho, but his timing is improving. Regardless he is susceptible to diagonal cross field balls.

Sawyers looked average first time, he stood out second half as he was pulling onto the full backs more. Make of that what you will.

Stokes was a class act tonight. If we can get a consistent LB in, then I would be happy with him at CB permanently.

Saturday is an even bigger game now - a real chance to make a statement. The players looked gutted after the game, so let's hope that's motivation for Saturday.

Frustrating game yes, not getting promoted/relegation looming/jump of a bridge time; absolutely not.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yep stokes my mom thought Haynes and Philips were the weak links in a very good team performance for 70-75 mins. Maddison free kick and arma chance were the defining points. Fabulous finish from Bradshaw

I agree with your mom........and I now realise you meant man of the match rather than it being a view of your mom :D

Great_Expectations

Also, what does Rubén have to do to get a game? Surely his creativity and link play should be used more than it currently is. Even if that's 20/30 minutes at the end of a game.

steveo1987

Quality game in poor conditions.I thought the first half was technically our best of the season.The ball retention and passing was really good.Just a shame we stood off last 15 as I just knew the inevitable goal would come.Romaine sawyer is some player for them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think nights like tonight is where the people that don't understand why Murphy gets criticised should use as example.

Second half he looked lazy and in my personal opinion, disinterested in pulling his weight.

If he was injured then that's fair enough, however I haven't seen any evidence to back that up yet.

His decision making is indeed terrible, most of his goals come solo play, so maybe that indicates why he's quite greedy. Having said that, I must add that he has definitely got better at sharing the ball and putting in crosses, but I'd still like to see more for him.

While he adds a lot to the team, games like today when you switch off and stop taking part should warrant a substitution. If Mowbray can be criticised for anything this season (almost nothing) then it's his substititions, possibly occasional team selections too.

Bring on Burton, if we can beat them then we go to Southend with a good hand of cards.

Sky Blue Pete

Murphy has the ability to pull something out the hat that's why he's left on - I said to my lad I wonder if TM will make a sub before or after the equaliser. I think TM knows his players better than us!

ready_96

Another game we've drew when we could have won. Hopefully ramage and loretzon arnt to far away from starting. Id definitely look to offload maf and tudgay. And take a gamble on a few of the many players that mowbs must get phone calls about. We're still up there. Still unbeaten at home. Win verses burton and we're knocking on the door of the top two places and it keeps the pressure on the guys around us. Get the new signings to start playing and we can make a proper challenge for the the auto's. Think we need a new stricker to help AA. Teams are sussing us out and our game plan is getting predictable

covcity4life

Yeah get Haynes and Phillips out if that starting 11 and I thibk we will be stronger.

Perhaps even strongest team.in league one.

Win Saturday and we can still.go top btw

Hadji10

A draw is perfectly acceptable. The second half performance wasn't and it's becoming a bit of a habit now having one good half and one bad half. I don't think we are fit enough.

robbiethemole

everyone on here is moaning about 2 points dropped, but surely Walsall as the higher team will also have expected to win......... ergo 2 points dropped by them??

ready_96

Dont think fitness is an issue. We came out in the first half and didnt stop running for the first 20, played a very high tempo and totally dominated them. Think thats why a few players like murphy were struggling towards the end

SkyBlue_Bear83

Also Mowbray has done wonders in his time here but just to reiterate he has got it way wrong with MAF, no idea what Mowbray sees when he plays.

SlowerThanPlatt

Stokes could be out, Martin 6 weeks out, Willis out, Reda out, Lorentszon out and Turner had to be sent back because of injury. Luck hasn't been on our side with defensive injuries this season

Bugsy

Think mogga sees maf as a bit of steel and a threat personally I don't see it myself who knows...
Least we remain unbeaten and a whisker away from top spot.....

Would of took a draw before the game...PUSB

Also I would have deployed lamerias 2nite

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think mogga sees maf as a bit of steel and a threat personally I don't see it myself who knows...
Least we remain unbeaten and a whisker away from top spot.....

Would of took a draw before the game...PUSB
Just trying to work out what Mowbray is thinking as MAF is giving the ball away, slowing down play and losing control of the ball every few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread