Walsall (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

Don't worry if a team had games in hand on us, they'll lose then, if we have games in hand, the points are already in the bag. Fans law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

C'mon Stu, we are all pissed off we drew, but it's still all to play for :)

New players coming in, STILL unbeaten at home :eek:, players to come back from injury, chin up mate :)

H

Huckerby

Neither can Wigan, they were 3-0 up and only drew 3-3. And lots of people were tipping them for the title. I'm no optimist but I would not give up on automatic promotion just yet.
I hear you mate, but how many leads is that we've thrown away now? got to be 4 games hasnt it? Probably retract my earlier negativity until I see how the new signings fit in.

Trust TM on almost everything, but the Fortune situation mystifies me..

stupot07

I wasn't, and that makes a difference because?? I promise never to post in a match day thread when I'm not there from now on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Because we got completely got outplayed second half, men against boys. Burton is now a must win.

I never said you shouldn't or couldn't post on match threads if your my there, but don't belittle me as negative. I'm disappointed and rightly so.

2 points dropped against your promotion rivals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

So gutted to only gain a point when we deserved all 3. First half we were fantastic and should've finished them off. Walsall were in awe at times.

Cole should've remained on the pitch as we appeared to lose our way when he went off. Walsall exploited our only weakness in both Haynes and Phillips, both of which are not good enough for a top end league one side.

A point isn't the end of the world and 3 points on Saturday against Walsall will get us back in the mix. Great entertainment yet again.
Burton? :p

ccfc92

The only negative this season, is seeing out games.

We've only lost 4 games, but drawn 9, far too many :(

Burton : 3 drawn
Gills : 5 drawn
Walsall : 7 Drawn

Gazolba

Cole should've remained on the pitch as we appeared to lose our way when he went off.

That's the down side of having a player who cannot last 90 minutes. You are forced into making a substitution. Not saying it's the reason we lost, but it does not help.

6 Generations

I don't think Walsall were that good. Southend were better I think.

I couldn't make the game so I can't vouch for Walsall's display but Southend played better football and were more of a threat to us than any other side that I've seen at The Ricoh this season. Further, Reda was made to look very ordinary by Noel Hunt that night. Southend deserved their draw.

SussexSkyBlue

Fair enough we are Coventry fans we have every right to be negative, but I'm struggling to accept "'4th place after this many games, I would have taken that at the start of the season" I genuinely believe we have the best team in this division and yes we've got injuries at the back but they can't be to blame for the amount of times we have been unable to hold a lead this season. I believe we need to be more tactically aware, too many times I have seen us sit back for long periods of the game and then leave ourselves a big task to come back into it.

So come on City, lets have it Saturday get a win and get out this league

PUSB

Macca

The bottom of this app is offering me advice on converting to Islam. If it gets us promotion I'm happy to give it a go

Gazolba

The only negative this season, is seeing out games.

We've only lost 4 games, but drawn 9, far too many :(

Burton : 3 drawn
Gills : 5 drawn
Walsall : 7 Drawn

I don't think you can draw conclusions based just on the number of draws. The question is: did you draw games you should have won or draw games you should have lost. In our case, I agree, we did draw several games we should have won.

Grendel

Fair enough we are Coventry fans we have every right to be negative, but I'm struggling to accept "'4th place after this many games, I would have taken that at the start of the season" I genuinely believe we have the best team in this division and yes we've got injuries at the back but they can't be to blame for the amount of times we have been unable to hold a lead this season. I believe we need to be more tactically aware, too many times I have seen us sit back for long periods of the game and then leave ourselves a big task to come back into it.

So come on City, lets have it Saturday get a win and get out this league

PUSB

We don't have the best back 4 in the division - not anywhere near now - and that will prove costly unless we bring some new recruits. Phillips and Haynes are reserve league one players and stokes and Ricketts are out of position and not missing a game.

ccfc92

I don't think you can draw conclusions based just on the number of draws. The question is: did you draw games you should have won or draw games you should have lost. In our case, I agree, we did draw several games we should have won.

So..... :)

Burton have lost one more game than us, but won 3 more, and have played 2 less games.

C'field was the only point gained IMO with the 1-1.

covmark

Because we got completely got outplayed second half, men against boys. Burton is now a must win.

I never said you shouldn't or couldn't post on match threads if your my there, but don't belittle me as negative. I'm disappointed and rightly so.

2 points dropped against your promotion rivals

Fair enough Stu. I agree Burton is a must win. The way I look at it is that I didn't think we'd have a season like this. So Playoffs upwards is all good. Autos is dreamland.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

luwalla

Walsall offered nothng until we decided to come out and camp in our final 3rd, inviting them to come at us!!!

either bad tactics or players didnt do as they were told second half!!

Either way , 2 points dropped aginst a team above us. Bad day at the iffice for chasing auto promo im afraid

Macca

It feels like play offs to me. We'd have to capitulate quite dramatically not to make that and I have a feeling for s Wembley trip

Otis

I'm not too down at all. Walsall pressed and pressed but really didn't look like scoring and that goal came a bit out of the blue. They had loads of possession but hardly any chances up to that point in the 2nd half.

The good thing was, they were totally dominating and then we suddenly got a second wind and had chances to put the game to bed (Armstrong's brilliant dribble and again Armstrong hooking the ball hopelessly wide for a throw in, plus Madders free kick). We started to dominate again, but it was only for 10 mins and then we started playing too deep.

The other thing I noticed was that JOB was shot and should have come off 10 mins before he did. Worked his socks off.

Still positives to come from the game and you only have to look at the fact that we played with the most makeshift of back fours. I thought Stokes was excellent.

Still unbeaten and with Burton coming up we have a chance to gain points on them.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

How good was Stokes tonight!

Sawyer ran the show for them thought maybe should have dropped Vincelot on to man mark.

Haynes is so naive it's untrue.

I see it as 2 points dropped as the goal was their only shot on target (post doesn't count as on target before someone pulls me up), if AA had scored which he should have finished after the most sublime bit of skill it would have been over. Feel slightly deflated tonight & Saturday is a real must win for me now to check Burton & to get us back on track.

Johhny Blue

And let's not forget two late bonus points courtesy of Richard Wood

MatthewWallis

Terrible point in my opinion. Walsall were nothing and we were far better, but again we switched off and gifted the opposition a point. I think this was a must win game, especially as they have a game in hand. O'Brien off for Fortune is an awful sub that shouldn't ever happen again. For me we took someone off who could create something and brought on someone who doesn't offer anything but holding the ball up

Otis

Sawyer ran the show for them thought maybe should have dropped Vincelot on to man mark.

I see it as 2 points dropped as the goal was their only shot on target (post doesn't count as on target before someone pulls me up), if AA had scored which he should have finished after the most sublime bit of skill it would have been over. Feel slightly deflated tonight & Saturday is a real must win for me now to check Burton & to get us back on track.
We should have won tonight. Walsall did dominate in the 2nd half but we had all the really good chances and they didn't look like scoring.

I don't think we can be too downhearted. TM has said he is still looking for players, especially a no nonsense centre back.

Had we had a Turner type tonight I think we would have seen the game out myself.

Stokes played so well, but we need him at left back. Haynes is too tentative.

Draw a fair result. Bring on Burton.

Hadji10

First half brilliant, second half the opposite and it's becoming a habit for us now. Why go hell for leather in one half then completely sit in for the other? Makes no sense, we should play more conservatively.

Sawyers ran the show for them, we couldn't get near him in the second half. I know TM loves to rotate, but for fuck sake mate just play your best side when possible, it's disrupting our rhythm. The decision to drop Maddison is just bizarre, he's our best player. In that first half he would have torn them to pieces with the amount of times we dispossessed them in their own half.

Massively dissapointing, we must win Saturday. Must.

Nathccfc

Thought Cole looked unfit, and left the subs till too late. Murphy was absolutely knackered and I thought he should have come off a little earlier, we do miss a big man out of the back, just someone to put it out into row Z when needed.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Thought Cole looked unfit, and left the subs till too late. Murphy was absolutely knackered and I thought he should have come off a little earlier, we do miss a big man out of the back, just someone to put it out into row Z when needed.

Murphy played the full game didn't he!?
(Not on the wind up but more concerned I'm losing the plot!)

Steve.B50

That game was for the taking we should have had it won by half time.
Why on earth does TM stick with Fortune, we had a great bench and yet he brought on the one player who should not even be in the squad.

Otis

Terrible point in my opinion. Walsall were nothing and we were far better, but again we switched off and gifted the opposition a point. I think this was a must win game, especially as they have a game in hand. O'Brien off for Fortune is an awful sub that shouldn't ever happen again. For me we took someone off who could create something and brought on someone who doesn't offer anything but holding the ball up
They were getting a fair bit of joy down our right hand side. TM clearly brought Fortune on to help protect Phillips.

Made sense to me and that's how Marcus Hall and Eakin called it too.

Think we could have lost without shoring up our right side. JOB was knackered. Not sure Tudgay there would have helped at all.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It feels like a defeat as a few of our draws have this season, but if we win on Saturday I don't think it will look so bad. Murphy was poor second half, and when he's going through these patches he needs to be taken off, he looked completely disinterested.

Otis

It feels like a defeat as a few of our draws have this season, but if we win on Saturday I don't think it will look so bad. Murphy was poor second half, and when he's going through these patches he needs to be taken off, he looked completely disinterested.
He looked tired to me. Not quite the same thing.

fernandopartridge

It was men against boys according to stu

Users who are viewing this thread