Walsall (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Murphy was fooked last 10 minute, TM should have brought Lamieres on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Was surprised Murphy stayed on.

mrtrench

Phillips - 5. Was an easy target for Walsall, no wonder they put two men on him. Easy pickings for them.

Cause and effect? If he had two players on him all game it's hardly surprising he found it difficult. Who should have been supporting him?

coop

just watched there goal again why do we constantly give fullbacks and winger's such an easy opportunity to put in a cross JOB was miles away from the man.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
just watched there goal again why do we constantly give fullbacks and winger's such an easy opportunity to put in a cross JOB was miles away from the man.

Our slack defending on the wings was certainly highlighted last night. On both. Neither Haynes or Phillips had any cover for the majority of the second half and the goal confirmed that. One thing we need to improve on

Covstu

In summary from me, it was a steady performance but a game where we could have and should have taken it. Although I wasn't convinced by the full backs, Haynes grew into the game but that pitch looked very slippery and they both had to be careful now jumping in which they both did fine. I think we need to judge them on a better pitch in better conditions.

Cole looked very unfit, he seemed to be knackered after about 15 mins so we need to be tactical of when he is used, he isn't a impact player but he cannot last 60-70 mins.

Fleck and vince were superb in the midfield and I think if we had Maddison on from the start when we were playing well we would have calved out more chances.

Armo was excellent again, just a shame he didn't get his goal. We need to retain at all costs.

i was puzzled and annoyed at the booing when fortune come onto the pitch, he clearly come on to hold up play to bring the midfield into the game and thought he equipped himself well.

we need 3 points on Saturday in my opinion to send a real signal out to the league that we are serious title contenders but a draw was a fitting result to last nights game

Grendel

Our slack defending on the wings was certainly highlighted last night. On both. Neither Haynes or Phillips had any cover for the majority of the second half and the goal confirmed that. One thing we need to improve on

The fullbacks at the start of the season had little cover either.

Our problem is that if you match our players to other competitors in the league the vast majority of opponents would want most of ours.

The ones they wouldn't touch with a barge pole are the full backs who are not top six standard - they aren't been league one standard.

Otis

In summary from me, it was a steady performance but a game where we could have and should have taken it. Although I wasn't convinced by the full backs, Haynes grew into the game but that pitch looked very slippery and they both had to be careful now jumping in which they both did fine. I think we need to judge them on a better pitch in better conditions.

Cole looked very unfit, he seemed to be knackered after about 15 mins so we need to be tactical of when he is used, he isn't a impact player but he cannot last 60-70 mins.

Fleck and vince were superb in the midfield and I think if we had Maddison on from the start when we were playing well we would have calved out more chances.

Armo was excellent again, just a shame he didn't get his goal. We need to retain at all costs.

i was puzzled and annoyed at the booing when fortune come onto the pitch, he clearly come on to hold up play to bring the midfield into the game and thought he equipped himself well.

we need 3 points on Saturday in my opinion to send a real signal out to the league that we are serious title contenders but a draw was a fitting result to last nights game
Yep. Fortune may well have done badly in some other games, but last night some fans had already decided he was going to be shit the moment he took his tracksuit off and before he entered the field of play.

He did okay when he came on.

Users who are viewing this thread