Waghorn..... (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Were you at the game yesterday or wolves or Forest? I understand someone saying he isn’t fitting the system and hasn’t set the world alight, although my retort would be we’ve played two league games and it’s far too early to make a proper judgement on that. But for someone to say he’s lazy, I don’t believe you could have watched a game so far. He runs his bollocks off but it currently hasn’t translated into an all round performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree we are all to eager to write of players I'm just as guilty. But it's just an initial observation.

He's a good player .But Jury is out if he plays better this season than Biamou did last year.

I thought he would be 1st choice on Rep. But having seen him. He's 4th I'm my eyes.

That's not disrespecting him.

As Gyro/Walker/Godden are just better.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

would actually say Max offered more.....

giphy.gif

shmmeee

I think Gyo and Walker would be my pick but if Godden does things like that it’ll be difficult not to play him.

Gyokeres is leading the line well and the other two will pinch a goal. If Waghorn doesn’t start affecting games more proactively he’ll drop down the order.

Gyokeres is making himself first name on the sheet at the moment. Walker and Godden both natural finishers will be all about form. I can’t see Waghorn getting a look in TBH unless he reinvents himself as an AM when we play the box/Callum Hardman O’Hare gets suspended.

Londonccfcfan

Gyokeres is making himself first name on the sheet at the moment. Walker and Godden both natural finishers will be all about form. I can’t see Waghorn getting a look in TBH unless he reinvents himself as an AM when we play the box/Callum Hardman O’Hare gets suspended.

Excellent agree 100%

CDK

Have to say the game changed in our favour when he went off,he works hard when on the pitch I'm hoping he shows his quality during this season but when godden ,walker are fit can't see him anywhere but the the bench.think he's a good squad player as back up to the other 3 strikers.

cc84cov

Have to say the game changed in our favour when he went off,he works hard when on the pitch I'm hoping he shows his quality during this season but when godden ,walker are fit can't see him anywhere but the the bench.think he's a good squad player as back up to the other 3 strikers.
He doesn’t fit into our style of play

Londonccfcfan

no biamou offered literally nothing - if he was in the team now it would be as an act of charity

When Waghorn makes an impact like this for example vs a promoted team. Like Biamou did.
Vs Brentford.
Won Penalty.
Won the ball off defender for assist.

Has a massive winning impact on a game as a striker.

This is one example.

I'd be very happy when Waghorn does this.

CCFCSteve

Gave the ball away in midfield before the pen and not worth his 20 grand today :)

Poor Hamer pass I thought. Waghorn will do a job for us over the season. Agree with NW though, if everyone’s fit he’ll probably end up more as back up to Gyokeres, playing alongside one of Godden or Walker. Gyokeres runs himself into the ground so can see Waghorn coming on in a fair few games to keep pressure/intensity up

cc84cov

Poor Hamer pass I thought. Waghorn will do a job for us over the season. Agree with NW though, if everyone’s fit he’ll probably end up more as back up to Gyokeres, playing alongside one of Godden or Walker. Gyokeres runs himself into the ground so can see Waghorn coming on in a fair few games to keep pressure/intensity up
30k a week as back up = waste of budget 🤣

fatso

I think Waghorn will eventually be cover for Gyokeres rather than a partner for him.
They seem to want to go for the same ball and take up similar positions, I think Walker is possibly the most suited to playing off a Gyokeres/waghorn. Godden is good enough to play with any of the 3, so it will be interesting to see who gets to start when they are all fit and available.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Long term it's got to surely be one of Gyo / Wag alongside one of Walk / God, hasn't it?

I'd have Gyo and either Walker or Godden first, but if Gyo was unavailable I'd probably play Walker and Godden together first than pair either up with Waghorn.

But saying that I think those two would be better partners for Waghorn than Gyo.

cc84cov

I think Waghorn will eventually be cover for Gyokeres rather than a partner for him.
They seem to want to go for the same ball and take up similar positions, I think Walker is possibly the most suited to playing off a Gyokeres/waghorn. Godden is good enough to play with any of the 3, so it will be interesting to see who gets to start when they are all fit and available.
Waghorn was brought on to lead the line now he’s talked about as back up 🤣🤣

Londonccfcfan

Waghorn will have a part to play no doubt. I think its realisation that it's alot of wages on him. And if only we had another chance to use thise huge reported wages elsewhere. But you can't win them all. Gykores is a bargain/masterstroke.

slowpoke

Waghorn worked the line well moving the centre backs about was good but our final passes to our front two and crosses weren’t the best first half.

nmp2327

Let's be fair to him, in the first half there was hardly a ball delivered into the box for him to feed off, then Sheaf took an absolute cert off him. In the 2nd half, excellent cross by Dabo and we score. Let's not throw Waghorn under the cart until we see service into the box like Dabo delivers

Hobo

He does a lot off the ball which helps other players but can go unappreciated by the fans. He does look like he is still trying to fit in and nothing is falling for him.

Yesterday he was in the right position for a couple of simple tap ins if the ball hadn't stuck to their keeper.

The one time he got clean away we were given off side. My initial reaction was no way was Waghorn off side. But from where they took the free kick it must have been for Gyokeres coming back from an off side position to flick ball on with his head.

I wouldn't give up on him yet.

The Philosopher

My observations:

Our style of play this year seems to revolve around having Gyok as a raiding target man with with either two runners behind him (COH, Bright, JA, etc) or another striker playing off him (TW, MG, MW etc).

Problem is, who stands in for Gyok if injured / banned?

I hate saying it, because I know it’ll be torn apart, but Max was the only one who could possibly play there that wouldn’t have blown the budget.

For the rumoured amount we are playing MW I’d have rather lumped most of that on Walsh (a player we may get a fee from in future) or a similar young but established midfielder and kept Max as Gyok’s stuntman.

Nothing against MW, but he’s not going to be first name on the team sheet, he’a an ok player but an expensive ok squad player at best, plus what happens if Gyok is injured? Our attack doesn’t look like we have any tall target men in the squad. Even Baka had a bit of height.

Soz and all that.

Londonccfcfan

My observations:

Our style of play this year seems to revolve around having Gyok as a raiding target man with with either two runners behind him (COH, Bright, JA, etc) or another striker playing off him (TW, MG, MW etc).

Problem is, who stands in for Gyok if injured / banned?

I hate saying it, because I know it’ll be torn apart, but Max was the only one who could possibly play there that wouldn’t have blown the budget.

For the rumoured amount we are playing MW I’d have rather lumped most of that on Walsh (a player we may get a few from in future) or a similar young but established midfielder and kept Max as Gyok’s stuntman.

Nothing against MW, but he’s not going to be first name on the team sheet, he’a an ok player but an expensive ok squad player at best.

Soz and all that.

100% .Max was last year battering ram. Gyro is this year's battering ram but just better stronger fitter.

Users who are viewing this thread