Waghorn..... (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Was he just signed to take corners and free kicks? Doesn't do much else apart from get in O'hare's way because he runs around a lot. Stupid signing. Would rather have kept Biamou. Goodnight.

usskyblue

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gint11

Was he just signed to take corners and free kicks? Doesn't do much else apart from get in O'hare's way because he runs around a lot. Stupid signing. Would rather have kept Biamou. Goodnight.

Oh come on Greggs for fuck sake.
The lads played about a game and a half if that and you’ve made your mind up.
Waghorn brings a wealth of experience and game management know how to our young and somewhat naive team (more from last year) and I’m confident he will get between 5-10 goals for us which will be vital.

Give him time.

slowpoke

Waghorn brings a wealth of experience and game management know how to our young and somewhat naive team (more from last year) and I’m confident he will get between 5-10 goals for us which will be vital.

Give him time.
Mind made up unfortunately and he will be on Waghorn’s case throughout

Gint11

Totally agree, he’s well past his sell by date, Max gave us more options and played for the shirt!

I liked Max but sorry he isn’t championship quality. The lad needed 8 shots to get a goal. Waghorn won’t. I would have actually given Biamou a 1 year deal because he gives his all when he comes on but he’s not better than Waghorn IMO

Greggs

Give him time.
10k a week for 5 goals a season??? Oh yeah......corners free kicks and pens!!!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's early days but for me Waghorn is the guy you bring off the bench to manage a game from the front with his experience.

Personally I'd start with Gyo and Walker with Waghorn on the bench,

Samo

Behave... different level altogether

cc84cov

Max scored 1 more last season than Waghorn in less games,wtf is that about a striker taking corners 🤣 he makes Biamou look like Usian Bolt,didn’t someone say Oggy was hinting at a max return last night...Grendel will never be seen again if that happened 🤣

Greggs

It's early days but for me Waghorn is the guy you bring off the bench to manage a game from the front with his experience.

Personally I'd start with Gyo and Walker with Waghorn on the bench,
Its early days but Waghorn is looking like he needs leaving in the bencht
Behave... different level altogether
How so? Max played 30 odd championship games and scored roughly the same as Waghorn?
I guess people love a bloke who just charges round.

COV

Max scored 1 more last season than Waghorn in less games,wtf is that about a striker taking corners 🤣 he makes Biamou look like Usian Bolt,didn’t someone say Oggy was hinting at a max return last night...Grendel will never be seen again if that happened 🤣

Three separate threads now talking about Biamou 😁

fatso

Jesus Christ. He's played one full game.
I hate to be a pedantic tit, but he's played over 400 games, some at a higher level than the Championship.
He was a strange signing for me, he's on a good wage supposedly, but doesnt score any more goals than what we already have.
I'd suggest the wages could of been better utilised elsewhere, but time will tell I guess.
He should add experiance and quality to the team, and I think it will take around 10 games before we see the best of him here.

Sick Boy

I hate to be a pedantic tit, but he's played over 400 games, some at a higher level than the Championship.
He was a strange signing for me, he's on a good wage supposedly, but doesnt score any more goals than what we already have.
I'd suggest the wages could of been better utilised elsewhere, but time will tell I guess.
He should add experiance and quality to the team, and I think it will take around 10 games before we see the best of him here.
He’s a major upgrade on Biamou, it’s embarrassing it’s even being discussed.

Greggs

People keep saying he's an upgrade.. Please provide evidence.
Also, remember last season was Max's first season at this level.
Thank you

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He is, but is his role supposed to be the same as that of Biamou i.e. backup? If it is we're supposedly paying a hell of a lot of money for him to do that.

If he's supposed to be a first team regular then we need way more than what Biamou offered. I think Walker and Godden (when fit) offer more in terms of goalscoring and Gyo offers more as a 'foil'.

It's more a question of whether what we're supposedly spending on his wages is the best use of that given we're light in other areas like defence.

Londonccfcfan

Many including seem to dissagree. Hoping he doesnt turn out to be a journeyman creaming his last big contract.

Will wait untill he bosses a few games like Biamou did last season. Even Biamou managed to win a few games single handedly with his determination etc... Brentford and Rotherham and was motom on more than one occasion.

procdoc

He must be on 10k a week more than what max was on...

is he 10k a week more of an upgrade ? He scored 1 less than max last season
You’re speculating his wage based on nothing. I also remember you also speculating that ‘Robins had lost the dressing room’. That turned out to be complete bollocks as well

SlowerThanPlatt

Many including seem to dissagree. Hoping he doesnt turn out to be a journeyman creaming his last big contract.

Will wait untill he bosses a few games like Biamou did last season. Even Biamou managed to win a few games single handedly with his determination etc... Brentford and Rotherham and was motom on more than one occasion.

I’m sorry, he did his best but he never won any games for us single handedly

Greggs

Foghorn's career is on the decline. Max was improving steadily every year, we forget he was non league a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread