Waghorn..... (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Waghorn will play a part this year, but at this stage he looks like the fourth choice striker if everyone's fit.

You can question whether a fourth choice striker is worth the amount he's probably being paid, or whether that money could have been better spent bringing in two players on lesser wages to give us better cover in defence (we also signed Cashman and have Tavares if we needed a fourth choice striker)

It may also lead to those ahead of him in the pecking order (or their agents) starting to ask for more money given that they're ahead of him.

SkyBlueGuy

Waghorn will play a part this year, but at this stage he looks like the fourth choice striker if everyone's fit.

You can question whether a fourth choice striker is worth the amount he's probably being paid, or whether that money could have been better spent bringing in two players on lesser wages to give us better cover in defence (we also signed Cashman and have Tavares if we needed a fourth choice striker)

It may also lead to those ahead of him in the pecking order (or their agents) starting to ask for more money given that they're ahead of him.

I think (or hope at least) he will play his part. He is similar in some ways to Godden and Gyökeres (different attributes/ styles from each) and let's not forget that they both required a bedding in period. I think that there were a lot of people writing Viktor off after his first games for us. I understand that people would perhaps want more instant impact from a player on higher wages, but I think he will also bring other things to the side. His experience will be valuable, I think he knows how to win a free kick/penalty. He was also the player standing on the edge of the box counting down the seconds for the keepers kick (was it against Barnsley?). We need a bit of that kind of thing in the side, and I think that is part of the reason he was brought in. Maybe he won't work out, but Robins has got more right than wrong in recent seasons, so I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while yet

Liquid Gold

Apparently before they left the arena yesterday he was flashing the cash in front of Sky Blue Sam, called him a poor tramp then stood on his toes.

skyblueelephant76

I think (or hope at least) he will play his part. He is similar in some ways to Godden and Gyökeres (different attributes/ styles from each) and let's not forget that they both required a bedding in period. I think that there were a lot of people writing Viktor off after his first games for us. I understand that people would perhaps want more instant impact from a player on higher wages, but I think he will also bring other things to the side. His experience will be valuable, I think he knows how to win a free kick/penalty. He was also the player standing on the edge of the box counting down the seconds for the keepers kick (was it against Barnsley?). We need a bit of that kind of thing in the side, and I think that is part of the reason he was brought in. Maybe he won't work out, but Robins has got more right than wrong in recent seasons, so I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while yet
From where I was sat you could also see Waghorn constantly directing Vik, O'hare and Dacosta on where to go and when to press in the first half.

His experience will be useful in what is still a generally young squad.

Pricey1984

In the 1st 10 mins alone on Saturday, on 3 occasions he made an excellent run around the back of the defenders and it wasn't spotted. Keep an eye on him next game. I don't think his off the ball movement gets much credit yet

Happy_Martian

cc84cov

Robins comments on Wagz in his post match interview with CWR. Apparently, Wagz is frustrated and Robins and he haven't got on the same wavelength yet...

I said at the time on this forum it was a desperate signing as some wasn’t coming off he doesn’t fit into how we play

Greggs

In the 1st 10 mins alone on Saturday, on 3 occasions he made an excellent run around the back of the defenders and it wasn't spotted. Keep an eye on him next game. I don't think his off the ball movement gets much credit yet
Then he fucked off and we scored twice......again.....

SkyblueTexan

Might need to give him some time to prove his worth. Gyo didn't look great the first few games last season either.

Greggs

Should have kept Max, he wanted to be here and wouldn't fall out with Robbins

CCFCSteve

Yeah, Robins also alluded to it, saying he was obviously frustrated at not scoring yet but he’s getting used to the other players and how the team plays. Also there was a dodgy offside call when he was through (I don’t think he was be off) and put him against one or two Reading defenders, one brought him down on the edge of the area when ref whistled.

If he’s not getting in first team hopefully that means other strikers are firing...if so, so be it. We’re four games in and we all knows how striker injuries/unavailability caused us major problems last season. We invest in someone who’s done it at this level and fans are already bitching. Give the lad a chance. He might turn out to be a bench warmer, he might step in and score some vital goals, who knows but fans getting on his back after a couple of hundred minutes play is hardly going to help

Last edited:

cc84cov

Yeah, Robins also alluded to it, saying he was obviously frustrated at not scoring yet but he’s getting used to the other players and how the team plays. Also there was a dodgy offside call when he was through (I don’t think he was be off) and put him against one or two Reading defenders, one brought him down on the edge of the area when ref whistled.

If he’s not getting in first team hopefully that means other strikers are firing...if so, so be it
He only scored 4 last season wasn’t it ? How can he be frustrated it’s not like he’s prolific 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread