Waghorn..... (5 Viewers)

DannyThomas_1981

@DannyThomas_1981 strange you haven’t accused posters on this thread of hating players and wanting them to fail.
You ok son? I’ve previously defended Waghorn; and urged that we give the team 10 games before making snap judgments on either the players or the team.

In terms of yesterday’s game (whilst I’m here and I know you enjoy my contributions!!) - I was really encouraged overall. If you compare the performance vs. last season - miles better. I expect QPR to be pushing for promotion - I don’t see us this season as a top 6-8 team at this point of our evolution but if we can advance from last season to a top 10-12 finish that would be very good progress. For 70 mins yesterday we gave one of the top teams plenty to worry about - more than matched them and should have gone ahead.

We need some realism as well - if we’d got a win against QPR expectations would have gone through the roof - Robins has performed miracles with a low budget in taking us from L2, securing our safety last season - this season is all about progress from there but I think a top 6 challenge - we’re not quite there. As always hope I’m wrong - we are improving fast!

The Philosopher

Replacing Biamou with Waghorn was strange?
And you’re going ok about thinking like an upper-Championship club?
Biamou was nowhere near good enough for this level and doesn’t seem to be in demand from elsewhere.
Much like we have Cranie training with us I’d quite like Max doing the same. Just my opinion. Vic gets injured, get Max to fill in on some kind of pay as you play or, low basic rate (as you say, not in demand elsewhere so it’s not as though he’d turn it down). Loan him to a local side like Moors for a month here and there to keep him sharp. They pay a bit of his low wage. We put in a deal to sign Hudlin at a later point or something.

Look, it’s just opinions.

jordan210

I don't get the tactic of play long balls over the top to Waggy. It works with Gyo has he is big and out muscle players. But yesterday at points we just hit it down the wings hoping one of them would get a cross in. But by doing that we only had 1 player int he box.

Waghorn has always been a ball to feet player.

cc84cov

I don't get the tactic of play long balls over the top to Waggy. It works with Gyo has he is big and out muscle players. But yesterday at points we just hit it down the wings hoping one of them would get a cross in. But by doing that we only had 1 player int he box.

Waghorn has always been a ball to feet player.
It’s as if the midfield didn’t fancy it against their midfield

Greggs

Waghorne had his best game yesterday but I’m not sure the Gyo/ Waggy strike force works as a partnership one for Robins to sort out as for that Greggs pillock spouting £15k a week bullshit give up, fucking idiot.
Why are you throwing insults about? Learn how to use punctuation, you fucking thick c**t......

Greggs

It’s not easy though you can’t have top covers for all positions as they do in the Premiership that’s why signing someone like a Todd Kane or even a Martin Cranie who can play in a number of positions are good for clubs like us.
Blah blah blah words words words always talking shit and never making sense Robbings out but wagehorn is brilliant blah blah comma fullstop dickhead

Users who are viewing this thread