Waghorn..... (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

He will bang one in against QPR and all will be forgiven....PUSB

Here's hoping 🤞

Bugsy

CCFCSteve

Come back to me end of season on this one

Happy to. I’ve already said, I don’t know whether he’ll deliver or not, whether he’ll even play much if the other strikers are doing well. I’m just surprised a fair few fans can’t support a city player for at least a few games before getting on their back...especially when we’ve won three out of four. If he’s done fuck all after 10-15 games and doesn’t look like he can be arsed etc etc then he’s fair game but it’s early days. It’s not even as if he’s being picked ahead of others, which I know can piss fans off.

Last edited:

Greggs

Happy to. I’ve already said, I don’t know whether he’ll deliver or not, whether he’ll even play much if the other strikers are doing well. I’m just surprised a fair few fans can’t support a city player for at least a few games before getting on their back...especially when we’ve won three out of four
Mate calm down. It's just a laugh. It's not our fault we have 10 great players and 1 shit one. We all want him to do well really - he needs to justify his 25 grand a week

TomRad85

Eh he's played his part in a good start. If we were more prepared he'd have taken the pen at Barnsley and I'm sure he'd have scored to give him a goal and us an extra point.
Ideally he'd be playing a bit better but if we're in a position where we consider Waghorn our weakest option up front it shows we've moved in the right direction, even from last season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Mate calm down. It's just a laugh. It's not our fault we have 10 great players and 1 shit one. We all want him to do well really - he needs to justify his 25 grand a week

😂😂…he offered me 10% to say some nice words

Im calm. Think I mentioned on the match thread about players confidence and a couple of people shouting at Dacosta ‘get him off’ mid way first half, that and fans having a go at waghorn on Twitter after a couple of games, I just don’t get it. Each to their own though, we all pay our cash I guess

rexo87

I was against signing Waghorn as it’s not the model and how we have progressed season upon season under Robins but wow there is so much over reaction here. Give the lad a chance. He is working his socks off and just not having a lot of luck at the moment. Once he scores one his confident will lift and he will score and assist many more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

He’s reportedly on 14k a week which is the word from a lot of ITK people on a 2 year deal he was brought to lead the line
I would say there is no one here on anywhere near £14k a week and even if there was and it’s within budget so what.
By the way who are these lots of ITK people ?

suffolkskyblue24

His goals per game over his 3 seasons at Derby is about 1 in 4 so he is a 10 goals a season kind of player so Robins must see him as more than just an out and out goalscorer. I will reserve judgement until we are 10 games in.

Greggs

Currently on target to be one of our worse ever signings. Max would have surely scored by now given the same game time.
I hope we ain't stuck with him for 2 years.
Just imagine how good we would be if we had spent his 15k a week wages elsewhere.
Apparently him and Hamer have fell out as Wagehorn has it in his contract to be the first choice corner taker.

clint van damme

[QUOTE="Greggs, post: 2358474, member:

Apparently him and Hamer have fell out as Wagehorn has it in his contract to be the first choice corner taker.
[/QUOTE]

:ROFLMAO:

slowpoke

Waghorne had his best game yesterday but I’m not sure the Gyo/ Waggy strike force works as a partnership one for Robins to sort out as for that Greggs pillock spouting £15k a week bullshit give up, fucking idiot.

The Philosopher

Waghorn was a strange signing. 31, we are not going to get a fee from him so isn’t in our “development” model and with Godden & Walker (also JJ, O Hare, Bright or even Jamie Allen in the even of an injury crisis) able to play in that position it seems a bit daft.

It could only have been that at the time the decision was made there were injury question marks over Godden and Walker.

Reminds me of the Stuart Beavon situation. I’ve got a feeling we will be trying to offload by Xmas.

Prediction: we will end up paying up part of his contract to get him off the books.

All the same, he’s a Cov player at the moment and I hope he does well for us.

Sick Boy

Waghorn was a strange signing. 31, we are not going to get a fee from him so isn’t in our “development” model and with Godden & Walker (also JJ, O Hare, Bright or even Jamie Allen in the even of an injury crisis) able to play in that position it seems a bit daft.

It could only have been that at the time the decision was made there were injury question marks over Godden and Walker.

Reminds me of the Stuart Beavon situation. I’ve got a feeling we will be trying to offload by Xmas.

Prediction: we will end up paying up part of his contract to get him off the books.

All the same, he’s a Cov player at the moment and I hope he does well for us.
It doesn’t sound like you’ve got a lot of faith in Robins, I think he’d think you’re talking nonsense.

The Philosopher

It doesn’t sound like you’ve got a lot of faith in Robins, I think he’d think you’re talking nonsense.
I have every faith in Robins. I believe he will pull in a couple of players in the last minute and may do something unexpected like loan out Walker to a L1 team with a recall option.

At the moment I think we have an issue with squad depth and balance.

An injury to say, Fadz or Dabo or Maatsen and we have a problem. An injury to two of those and we have a real problem. An injury to Victor and our entire playing style has to change. A last minute pre game injury to Victor and our complete game plan (which a good manager like Robins works on throughout the week) has to change.

Looking back to our Prem days we had a reserve team rather than a development squad. The reserves would have stand ins as cover for each position to slot in in case of injury or suspension.

At the moment we have gaps and those gaps need to be considered. We have adequate cover for GK, midfield and more “poacher” cover than we need.

We need a defensive Fadz stand in and wing back cover. We have no cover for Victor at all.

Robins may well think that I’m talking nonsense but I very much doubt he reads my posts tbh.

Sick Boy

I have every faith in Robins. I believe he will pull in a couple of players in the last minute and may do something unexpected like loan out Walker to a L1 team with a recall option.

At the moment I think we have an issue with squad depth and balance.

An injury to say, Fadz or Dabo or Maatsen and we have a problem. An injury to two of those and we have a real problem. An injury to Victor and our entire playing style has to change. A last minute pre game injury to Victor and our complete game plan (which a good manager like Robins works on throughout the week) has to change.

Looking back to our Prem days we had a reserve team rather than a development squad. The reserves would have stand ins as cover for each position to slot in in case of injury or suspension.

At the moment we have gaps and those gaps need to be considered. We have adequate cover for GK, midfield and more “poacher” cover than we need.

We need a defensive Fadz stand in and wing back cover. We have no cover for Victor at all.

Robins may well think that I’m talking nonsense but I very much doubt he reads my posts tbh.
Why would he loan out a striker he spent a couple of years chasing and look to offload another one less than 6 months after signing him?
We had 4 strikers last season and it’s the same again this season, he’s not going to be offloading any of them at this point.

slowpoke

It’s not easy though you can’t have top covers for all positions as they do in the Premiership that’s why signing someone like a Todd Kane or even a Martin Cranie who can play in a number of positions are good for clubs like us.

The Philosopher

It’s not easy though you can’t have top covers for all positions as they do in the Premiership that’s why signing someone like a Todd Kane or even a Martin Cranie who can play in a number of positions are good for clubs like us.
I agree that Cranie would be useful and can cover a few positions.

Prem teams and upper Champ teams have cover for all positions. We need to start thinking like an upper Champ team to be one. We don’t need a bunch of 10k/week reserves, but we do need injury cover and players to come in to slot in having become accustomed to our playing style and tactics. Emergency loans are all well and good but don’t enable us to plan medium term.

I think the points being made about Waghorn being an odd signing are valid. 3 poachers on decent money whilst we play often with just Vic at cf as the only target man is a curious situation.

Letting Baka go was sensible, letting Max go, someone who could play the Victor role and replacing with Waghorn (who may well cost a lot more and is no younger) is, in my opinion, a tad strange.

I’ve no doubt Robins has set back a chunk of budget for Osti and now had put some of that to JCS.

I may be alone in my thoughts that 3 poachers on good money and 1 target man with no cover is “unusual”.

Sky Blue Pete

Prem teams and upper Champ teams have cover for all positions. We need to start thinking like an upper Champ team to be one. We don’t need a bunch of 10k/week reserves, but we do need injury cover and players to come in to slot in having become accustomed to our playing style and tactics. Emergency loans are all well and good but don’t enable us to plan medium term.

I think the points being made about Waghorn being an odd signing are valid. 3 poachers on decent money whilst we play often with just Vic at cf as the only target man is a curious situation.

Letting Baka go was sensible, letting Max go, someone who could play the Victor role and replacing with Waghorn (who may well cost a lot more and is no younger) is, in my opinion, a tad strange.

I’ve no doubt Robins has set back a chunk of budget for Osti and now had put some of that to JCS.

I may be alone in my thoughts that 3 poachers on good money and 1 target man with no cover is “unusual”.
Yep you’re alone

Sick Boy

Replacing Biamou with Waghorn was strange?
And you’re going ok about thinking like an upper-Championship club?
Biamou was nowhere near good enough for this level and doesn’t seem to be in demand from elsewhere.

cc84cov

Replacing Biamou with Waghorn was strange?
And you’re going ok about thinking like an upper-Championship club?
Biamou was nowhere near good enough for this level and doesn’t seem to be in demand from elsewhere.
He still scored more than Waghorn last season for £10k a week less tho 😁

Users who are viewing this thread