Waghorn..... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

giphy.gif

Whats that for? Have we been taken over by some consortium with some ambition to actually do something in this league rather than float around like driftwood?

ccfcricoh

A striker scores goals max scored more last season that Foggy
Last season Championship
Biamou 5 goals and 3 assists in 34 games
Waghorn 5 goals and 5 assists in 32 games

Waghorn has scored more than 100 goals in his career (most at Champ or higher level), Max has less than 40 including 15 at L2 or lower.

Cant believe this is a conversation to be honest!

We all love Max but if he was still here he would be our 5th striker

Grendel

Max scored 1 more last season than Waghorn in less games,wtf is that about a striker taking corners 🤣 he makes Biamou look like Usian Bolt,didn’t someone say Oggy was hinting at a max return last night...Grendel will never be seen again if that happened 🤣

The only chance he has of coming back is in a Sky Blue Sam suit

Covkid1968#

Personally think Waggers will be class for us …. Patience needed peeps

cc84cov

Last season Championship

Waghorn has scored more than 100 goals in his career (most at Champ or higher level), Max has less than 40 including 15 at L2 or lower.

even if I give you similar stats hes gonna be on more than double what max was

WestEndAgro

Hodgson had Kane on corners and he was absolutely slaughtered for it, Waggy should be in the middle looking for scraps or a knock down/flick on.
Hamer was on corners/set pieces a majority of last season until Matty James arrived.
Oh and Waggy is a far better player than Max, how effective he turns out though will remain to see

Gint11

Last season Championship

He was signed as a talisman to resurrect our front line, we moved out 2 forwards who could both score 5 - 10 in 46 championship games. You've answered your own question. He's no better than we already had and is probably our highest paid player.

Can you copy in Greggs to this please.

I said Biamou is wasteful in front of goal, I’d hedge my bets and say Waghorn isn’t.

Baka wasn’t getting anywhere near 10 goals for us in the Champ

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Was he just signed to take corners and free kicks? Doesn't do much else apart from get in O'hare's way because he runs around a lot. Stupid signing. Would rather have kept Biamou. Goodnight.

It's the Wayne Rooney effect from he's Derby days.

Liammm

Since coming back to the Championship he’s scored double figure goals in 2/4 seasons and in one of the others got 9 in a fraction of the minutes. He also got double figure assists in one of those seasons too. Statistically at this level he’s miles better than any forward we have at the club, give him time.

ccfcricoh

You think we upgraded to the tune of 9k a week?
And they reckon greggs is on the wind up!
easy to guess numbers and exaggerate i suppose, none of us actually know

No way Waghorn is on 6x as much as Biamou was

I imagine 3/4k for Biamou and 10k for Waghorn is far closer (but still a guess!)

shmmeee

easy to guess numbers and exaggerate i suppose, none of us actually know

No way Waghorn is on 6x as much as Biamou was

I imagine 3/4k for Biamou and 10k for Waghorn is far closer (but still a guess!)

Biamou signed his deal first season in L1 didn’t he? Seriously doubt he was on £4K/wk

CDK

Max the underdog who grafted for the team loved the club scorer of few goals but wonderful unforgettable pearlers.
Waghorn fresh into the club and it takes time to get use to new players new staff but think he will adjust and a proven scorer at this level he had a poor season last season in a shit team he's now at a club with higher standards and think he will deliver .
Max a treasured memory gone but not forgotten.

Skyblueweeman

The Max love in is as always ridiculous, but I’ve seen nothing from Waghorn’s recent past or since he’s signed that suggest he’s a decent signing. All we’ve been told by his supporters he brings to the team is already provided better by others (O’Hares chasing and Hamers set pieces), Walker and Györkeres will score more, he’s got no resale value. Very very strange signing.

O'Hare and Gyo get injured, Hamer gets a 3 game ban. What then?

Football is more than the 11 on the pitch.

shmmeee

O'Hare and Gyo get injured, Hamer gets a 3 game ban. What then?

Football is more than the 11 on the pitch.

I mean what if the team all dies in a horrible team bath incident?

I just think your highest paid player should be bringing something obvious to the first team. O’Hare was the first name on the team sheet last year and earned his status easily.

Users who are viewing this thread