Waghorn..... (2 Viewers)

COV

Waghorn seems to be taking a fair bit of unnecessary stick. Him and Gyokores looked a handful against Wolves but less so against Forest. That’s always going to happen to 2 new players in a new system. The one worry I understand would be they can both play but are there enough goals? That’s why there’s also Godden and Walker. Shmeeees has his knickers in a twist about us strengthening up top over defensively and has posted about it about 70 billion times, and while I can definitely understand the need to strengthen at the back, I’d much rather trust Drysdale and Pask at the back than have Biamou or Bakayoko up top. We were without our two centre forwards last season and our back up was dreadful. This season I feel like we have depth up top and while we’re slightly light at the back, (less so since JCS signed) the back up is stronger as a unit than what we had up top last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you mean- he’s played one game, that’s enough time for judgement to be made surely 😆

procdoc

It’s not like Waghorn completely stank the stadium up on his debut either. He was average, not shit and not man of the match.

Dog

Its clear he sees the problem, but from the outside looking in it seems that he hasn’t got the resources to do what he wants about that problem.

Edit: and I think it’s worth adding in here that I’ve nothing against the signing of Waghorn per se, and I do agree that having 4 strikers vying for first team berths is a good position to be in. But if you spent most of your money on tuning a car’s engine only to find out you could only afford 2 wheels then you’re gonna struggle to justify it.
That two wheeled car is a motorbike. Very enjoyable most of the time but can also be scary. Sometimes very painful. But rarely boring.

Just need to hold on tight and enjoy the journey.

Greggs

I couldn’t care less what Waghorn earns, or how it compares to other players, especially when we don’t actually know the numbers.

He’s been brought in to score goals and provide the team experience and know-how and will do that. End of thread.
Wtf???!! You don't care if the club are wasting money?????

Gint11

Wtf???!! You don't care if the club are wasting money?????

Can you explain to me how you’ve come to think the club have ‘wasted’ money on a player who’s played about 70 mins so far for us?

Skyblue_CP

I don't think Waghorn is on as much as people might think and will prove to be a good addition, although i reckon Gyokores will be our top scorer this season.

Greggs

Can you explain to me how you’ve come to think the club have ‘wasted’ money on a player who’s played about 70 mins so far for us?
because, on current evidence, i think he's a shit footballer who is past his best.

Gint11

I don't think Waghorn is on as much as people might think and will prove to be a good addition, although i reckon Gyokores will be our top scorer this season.

Well, whatever he earns if he doesn’t perform or contribute then Robins will off load. We’ve seen it already. But I think he will

Greggs

Well, whatever he earns if he doesn’t perform or contribute then Robins will off load. We’ve seen it already. But I think he will
Yeah like he has with Hilsner, Jobello, Pask, Allen, Shipley etc etc................

Greggs

Deserves the sack then wasting all that money we can’t afford what do you reckon ?
Dont put words in my mouth c**t. One poster said Waghorn can be moved on if he's shit. Past evidence proves that to be unlikely. Are you drunk this early?

Gint11

Dont put words in my mouth c**t. One poster said Waghorn can be moved on if he's shit. Past evidence proves that to be unlikely. Are you drunk this early?
Deserves the sack then wasting all that money we can’t afford what do you reckon ?

Can’t argue with him Slowpoke. I think Greggs thinks we have to go and get a 20 goal striker that costs oh wait £25M 😂

Real world…..

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Greggs

Can’t argue with him Slowpoke. I think Greggs thinks we have to go and get a 20 goal striker that costs oh wait £25M 😂

Real world…..
Real world? What does that mean? The world where your highest paid player is your worst performer?
Just to note, Gykores was cheaper than Waghorn and has played better. Real world.

Gint11

Real world? What does that mean? The world where your highest paid player is your worst performer?
Just to note, Gykores was cheaper than Waghorn and has played better. Real world.

HES PLAYED ABOUT 70 MINS!!

Shine a fucking light

Dog

How much was each player and how much is each player on?

Greggs

Is this a true statement or just a guess?

I reserve judgement until players have reached their fitness levels and have got used to how each other play.
Just a guess

procdoc

If we had to offload Waghorn it would be easier than Jobello etc. He’s got far more pedigree and is a proven commodity at this level. Not that we will need to offload him, Greggs is talking shite as usual 😉

Hobo

because, on current evidence, i think he's a shit footballer who is past his best.

I am glad you clarified that because I never would have guessed from your previous posts.

Users who are viewing this thread