Waghorn..... (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I *still* don't get why we think Waghorn will be on this humungous amount. Journeyman striker, been at a near bankrupt club at the wrong end of the table, not a stellar season by his standards last year. It's not like the top of the Championship would be fighting to sign him. His options would be teams of our level, really.

(And it's on that basis I think he's a good signing!)

procdoc

Foghorn's career is on the decline. Max was improving steadily every year, we forget he was non league a few years ago.
What absolute bollocks. Max is only one year younger and if he was so good he’d have a club by now at the same level instead of watching his old club from the stands

Greggs

What absolute bollocks. Max is only one year younger and if he was so good he’d have a club by now at the same level instead of watching his old club from the stands
Max turned pro when he was about 26...........Come on mate!

Greggs

hopefully where Foghorn will be next season.

cc84cov

You’re speculating his wage based on nothing. I also remember you also speculating that ‘Robins had lost the dressing room’. That turned out to be complete bollocks as well
Waghorn will be our highest earner probably 12k or maybe slightly more max must of been on around 2-3k a week

Greggs

Waghorn will be our highest earner probably 12k or maybe slightly more max must of been on around 2-3k a week
Funnily enough (well for the sake of my analogy) I'm the highest paid bloke at my new job, was employed to really change the place, not really done fuck all yet though. I had a decent time on my training day though. Fuck it anyway, i'm retiring in a couple of years!

SlowerThanPlatt

Again, if you think Biamou is a similar level and he’s available for a quarter of the wages why aren’t there a host of Championship clubs vying for his signature?

Greggs

Again, if you think Biamou is a similar level and he’s available for a quarter of the wages why aren’t there a host of Championship clubs vying for his signature?
I just think if we're gonna fuck someone off who is reliable but doesn't rip up trees, replacing him with someone reliable who doesn't rip up tress and is on 4 x's the money doesn't really make sense.

shmmeee

The Max love in is as always ridiculous, but I’ve seen nothing from Waghorn’s recent past or since he’s signed that suggest he’s a decent signing. All we’ve been told by his supporters he brings to the team is already provided better by others (O’Hares chasing and Hamers set pieces), Walker and Györkeres will score more, he’s got no resale value. Very very strange signing.

Sick Boy

Many including seem to dissagree.ing he doesnt turn out to be a journeyman creaming his last big contract.

Will wait untill he bosses a few games like Biamou did last season. Even Biamou managed to win a few games single handedly with his determination etc... Brentford and Rotherham and was motom on more than one occasion.
Doesn’t bother me, I took torrents of abuse for daring to criticise Thorn while ‘the experts’ were droning on about swimming across the channel with a fridge on his back

Nick

Administrator
Guess cc84cov needs something to bang on about after his obsession with Sheaf and how he wouldn't play to get us out of signing him.

TomS91

The Max love in is as always ridiculous, but I’ve seen nothing from Waghorn’s recent past or since he’s signed that suggest he’s a decent signing. All we’ve been told by his supporters he brings to the team is already provided better by others (O’Hares chasing and Hamers set pieces), Walker and Györkeres will score more, he’s got no resale value. Very very strange signing.

I wasn't overawed when we signed him as it's a clear departure from our usual type. But to me he looks like an intelligent and skilful footballer - a cut above the other strikers in that respect. I think we'll see him becoming the 4th wheel in the Dabo/Hamer/O'Hare triangle of good footballers that put some really nice moves together.

Gint11

10k a week for 5 goals a season??? Oh yeah......corners free kicks and pens!!!

Why take such a negative view?
I said 5-10 and if that’s on top of Walker bagging 10 and Godden bagging 10-15 and Victor getting 7-10 we’ll be alright won’t we?

Greggs

Why take such a negative view?
I said 5-10 and if that’s on top of Walker bagging 10 and Godden bagging 10-15 and Victor getting 7-10 we’ll be alright won’t we?
He was signed as a talisman to resurrect our front line, we moved out 2 forwards who could both score 5 - 10 in 46 championship games. You've answered your own question. He's no better than we already had and is probably our highest paid player.

mr_monkey

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread