Tyler Walker (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

If we get walker & Godden fit soon we have a chance if we don’t we will be in trouble same as pre season Godden is key to survival this season he’s not the messiah but he’s the best natural striker at the club,walker will play a lot better next to Godden,max is like a defender playing up front

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The criticism of him is all part of diverting it away from a certain other forward.

To be honest, I think it goes the other way too.

I have no horse in this race, and want to see both do well. I also don't think anyone is doubting that Walker isn't the better of the two players, it is just more about what he is giving at the moment. Our backs are up against the wall, and whilst Max makes the wrong decisions over and over again, you can at least see that he is giving his all. Unfortunately, when you lack quality, everyone needs to dig in. It works the same right down to Sunday league level.

Walker is a good finisher, you can tell that. That is all he has though, and it isn't enough. You could see the reaction yesterday when we scored. Some people were really desperate to try and not give the goal to Max, where in the game before, Walker won a header and those same people were acting as if it was Ballon d'Or worthy.

We cannot carry anyone when we are in a dog fight and at the moment Walker needs to contribute more. It's all well and good saying that he needs better service (to which I agree to an extent), but he also has to make the most out of what he is getting, and he isn't. One time yesterday that stood out especially was when he was yomping around in an offside position and the ball game flying through to him. He has to do better, which hopefully is more to do with lack of sharpness.

Whilst I agree that there is an element of people blowing up Biamou's arse, there is also a contingent excusing Walker for underperforming due to being unable to say anything positive about Biamou. In reality, they both haven't been good enough. One due to ability I think, the other due to performance.

hill83

Walkers gets pushed off the ball far to easily for me, he’s got no fight in him when we really need it, another example to me of a player who got into the game because his dad was a good player.

I’ve seen a lot on nonsense on here including from myself but this tops the lot.

hill83

I have no horse in this race, and want to see both do well. I also don't think anyone is doubting that Walker isn't the better of the two players, it is just more about what he is giving at the moment. Our backs are up against the wall, and whilst Max makes the wrong decisions over and over again, you can at least see that he is giving his all. Unfortunately, when you lack quality, everyone needs to dig in. It works the same right down to Sunday league level.

Walker is a good finisher, you can tell that. That is all he has though, and it isn't enough. You could see the reaction yesterday when we scored. Some people were really desperate to try and not give the goal to Max, where in the game before, Walker won a header and those same people were acting as if it was Ballon d'Or worthy.

We cannot carry anyone when we are in a dog fight and at the moment Walker needs to contribute more. It's all well and good saying that he needs better service (to which I agree to an extent), but he also has to make the most out of what he is getting, and he isn't. One time yesterday that stood out especially was when he was yomping around in an offside position and the ball game flying through to him. He has to do better, which hopefully is more to do with lack of sharpness.

Whilst I agree that there is an element of people blowing up Biamou's arse, there is also a contingent excusing Walker for underperforming due to being unable to say anything positive about Biamou. In reality, they both haven't been good enough. One due to ability I think, the other due to performance.

Agree with this. I fall for it myself, when I’m constantly seeing players slated by the same people either way I feel the need to purposely find positives to counter them. Others work the opposite way when smoke is being blown up a players arse 24/7.

The reality is we are feeding on scraps. I don’t even rate Matty ‘Isolated sick note’ Godden to be honest.

I do want them all to do well though of course, I’m not that invested in my opinion of players. No names mentioned.

shmmeee

“Desperate not to give the goal to Max”

He didn’t touch the fucking ball!

KenilworthSkyBlue

He takes balls into feet well laying it off all his stuff on you tube is working off service the game where DaCosta put in about 15 crosses was suited to walker that’s his game

I don't need to look on YouTube as I watch every game. He has spells where he executes his role admirably, but I fail to see how you could qualify either his touch or ability to bring others into play as 'good' when he's just not consistent enough at either

Nick

Administrator
Agree with this. I fall for it myself, when I’m constantly seeing players slated by the same people either way I feel the need to purposely find positives to counter them. Others work the opposite way when smoke is being blown up a players arse 24/7.

The reality is we are feeding on scraps. I don’t even rate Matty ‘Isolated sick note’ Godden to be honest.

I do want them all to do well though of course, I’m not that invested in my opinion of players. No names mentioned.

Yeah I do the same, it's probably just to try and bring a bit of balance to it when people are trying too hard to go over the top.

Same with Bakayoko and Sheaf sometimes. Somebody like Rolls Royce Hyam could overhit a pass in the same half as Sheaf and it's his fault.

Bakayoko got abuse before he had kicked a ball and people just stuck with it, yeah he isn't the best footballer in the world but some of the shit he gets is shocking.

Liquid Gold

Max’s first touch is so poor it often goes right away from him and turns into a pass. I love the guy for what he’s done in his city career but it’s become so clear that he’s nowhere near the level required to be a starter and play 90 minutes in the championship. I could take him coming on for 10-15 because he will bust a gut against tired defenders but he just doesn’t have the quality from the start.

Even in Walker’s poor second half when he dropped deep he controlled the ball easily, spread it to a midfielder and peeled off to make the forward run. Proper CF play. When Max does it his first touch balloons it anywhere, the defender gets in and then they have to fight for the ball. To some fans this fighting for the ball means he’s putting the effort it when in reality a decent striker wouldn’t have put himself in that position to start with.

cc84cov

Max’s first touch is so poor it often goes right away from him and turns into a pass. I love the guy for what he’s done in his city career but it’s become so clear that he’s nowhere near the level required to be a starter and play 90 minutes in the championship. I could take him coming on for 10-15 because he will bust a gut against tired defenders but he just doesn’t have the quality from the start.

Even in Walker’s poor second half when he dropped deep he controlled the ball easily, spread it to a midfielder and peeled off to make the forward run. Proper CF play. When Max does it his first touch balloons it anywhere, the defender gets in and then they have to fight for the ball. To some fans this fighting for the ball means he’s putting the effort it when in reality a decent striker wouldn’t have put himself in that position to start with.
Fully agree with this

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

“Desperate not to give the goal to Max”

He didn’t touch the fucking ball!

Sure, but my point was that if it had been Walker we would be hearing how he 'forced the goal' or some such other phrase.

The reality is that we are lacking in quality, but my frustration is that if we get relegated I still think it will have been preventable. Maybe I am just utterly deluded, but so many games now I have looked at our points return and thought we could do better. A match finishes and we draw or lose, and I think we could have actually won it. We aren't being outclassed particularly. We are giving away stupid goals, failing to take our chances, and adopting poor tactics.

It reminds me of the season we got relegated from the Championship last time. Our team was shit, but we were competing. It worries me that we are not grinding out results really. It wouldn't take much to stay up, but we are slipping further and further away.

stupot07

A really good point Earlsdon.

Walker "great work to force the defender into playing the ball into his own net, if he wasn't there we wouldn't of scored"

Biamou "he only scored the own goal because Biamou isn't good enough to get into front of it"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Walker "great work to force the defender into playing the ball into his own net, if he wasn't there we wouldn't of scored"

Biamou "he only scored the own goal because Biamou isn't good enough to get into front of it"

I've probably got a bit too involved getting defensive to be honest, but it just frustrates me every fucking game. I feel like we could be coming away with points and we aren't.

I'm really concerned and I think we only have ourselves to blame.

Sick Boy

I’ve repeatedly said that neither Godden or Walker should be first choice in this league, i said pre-season Godden was a decent back-up striker at this level.

Biamou and Baka should be nowhere near the squad and need to be released. The push back against Biamou is due to the pathetic nonsense that gets pushed out by the usual suspects, like the headed goals not counting, he won more free kicks etc etc.

NorthernWisdom

I’ve repeatedly said that neither Godden or Walker should be first choice in this league, i said pre-season Godden was a decent back-up striker at this level.
Biamou and Godden should be nowhere near the squad and need to be released. The push back against Biamou is due to the pathetic nonsense that gets pushed out by the usual suspects, like the headed goals not counting, he won more free kicks etc etc.
See, I think with Walker, give him a full season injury / illness free, and play to his strengths, and he's more than good enough to get us 15+ goals. I'm more than happy with him as first choice.

Harsh, releasing Godden, mind! At the worst get a fee for him!

Sick Boy

See, I think with Walker, give him a full season injury / illness free, and play to his strengths, and he's more than good enough to get us 15+ goals. I'm more than happy with him as first choice.

Harsh, releasing Godden, mind! At the worst get a fee for him!
I meant Bakayoko!

shmmeee

I too like getting angry at scenarios I’ve imagined.

Liquid Gold

For me Walker isn’t at full speed yet, he’s been out injured for ages, had COVID, not seen regular football since December 2019. Even then he’s scored and assisted for us.

Let him play himself into form without losing your shit every 5 minutes because he’s definitely better than our 4 other options.

Users who are viewing this thread