Trust Members Meeting WIth Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can somebody throw in a hill type question? Save one for if Fisher tries to take the conversation away to shite.

Nick

Administrator
What did he say?

“They’ve got to fold it into administration, they’ve got to take the 20 point penalty.

“And they’ve got to, as Coventry fans, hope that they can do something as well organised as Portsmouth.

“Hope that the Sky Blue Trust comes in and rescues it in the same way as the Pompey Trust did.

This then leads to people reading it and thinking that's what should happen.

OSB replied about it on the other thread somewhere, basically saying that guy doesnt know what he is talking about but in his own polite way.

Just think that questions about admin / fan ownership etc shouldn't be bothered with at a meeting with Fisher, keep it on quizzing him.

Fan ownership questions can be at the fan ownership meeting or another normal trust meeting.

CJ_covblaze

So what has been worked on for two years and what happens if SISU walk tomorrow?

From that post there is no plan whatsoever and it would all be starting from square one. The club would be liquidated before a bid was even put together.

Its a dangerous game to play as now you have people running around shouting about fan ownership and forcing the club into administration.

Firstly there are only really 3 organisations that could potentially be owed a significant sum and force administration. HMRC and there's no evidence to say they haven't been paid. ACL Wasps but we're still at the Ricoh atm and SISU/Fisher are not stupid enough to go down that road again surely, so that's unlikely. The final one is SISU/ARVO/Wynacre. I don't see any advantage to them right now in doing that. Unless something drastic happens or is happening that is going under the radar administration is so far away that it's not really worth taking about is it?

In the unlikely event of SISU walking away tomorrow, saying "here you are lads, we've had a crack, now it's your turn" or just pulling the plug and liquidating there is something there. Supporters Direct would be on the phone quicker than we could ring them and they'd help us get the ball rolling. We have the bare minimum to get things started. That's something most Trusts should/would have. It makes sense for us and anyone else to have it.

There are a few more complicated issues obviously that would have to be sorted. For example the latest "official" date to apply to enter a team into a league is February but it's not always that black and white or as simple as "well Wimbledon had to start at the bottom". During my time at a club I worked at I had a conversation with the chair of the Conference. He said "you (or Pompey for that matter) are not a small club in a leafy suburb in London. You're a relatively large club from a decent sized City. If you applied to enter a league later than the deadline they may see the obvious benefits of you joining. Even if it meant running with 23 or 25 teams". The Southern Prem is only 1 promotion below the Conference N/S and 3 below League 2 but looked willing to let Pompey join if needs be a few years ago. Their teams were asked and they realised the level of income and interest that would be injected into their clubs outweighed the lesser chance of promotion for one season. They could however turn round and say no thanks in our case. We don't know. If that happened we'd apply for each league until one accepted us.

Then there's where we'd play. ACL Wasps have said they're more than happy to talk if the time comes. There are other options within the City though that might be more suitable depending on the level.

It should be noted that the above is distinctly different to fans leading a takeover through a community share offer. It's more Pompey or Wimbledon than Wycombe. It's a rescue package from complete or near oblivion.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

This then leads to people reading it and thinking that's what should happen.

OSB replied about it on the other thread somewhere, basically saying that guy doesnt know what he is talking about but in his own polite way.

Just think that questions about admin / fan ownership etc shouldn't be bothered with at a meeting with Fisher, keep it on quizzing him.

Fan ownership questions can be at the fan ownership meeting or another normal trust meeting.
So because some random bloke who no one even knows the name of has said something and from what I have seen only a handful of people even bothered to listen too, it is now a conspiracy that people are trying to force the club into admin.
Why didn't you say so.
As for saying that most of us are that stupid and will read it and believe that is what should happen is in itself amore scaremongering on your part.
If we all believed what we read then City would be a debt free self funding in a new ground with training and academy facilities on site, and pushing for promotion.
Nick you have a habit of making out people are stupid or telling lies for not towing your line.
We just have varing views........
Oh and mine is right;)

letsallsingtogether

Firstly there are only really 3 organisations that could potentially be owed a significant sum and force administration. HMRC and there's no evidence to say they haven't been paid. ACL Wasps but we're still at the Ricoh atm and SISU/Fisher are not stupid enough to go down that road again surely, so that's unlikely. The final one is SISU/ARVO/Wynacre. I don't see any advantage to them right now in doing that. Unless something drastic happens or is happening that is going under the radar administration is so far away that it's not really worth taking about is it?

In the unlikely event of SISU walking away tomorrow, saying "here you are lads, we've had a crack, now it's your turn" or just pulling the plug and liquidating there is something there. Supporters Direct would be on the phone quicker than we could ring them and they'd help us get the ball rolling. We have the bare minimum to get things started. That's something most Trusts should/would have. It makes sense for us and anyone else to have it.

There are a few more complicated issues obviously that would have to be sorted. For example the latest "official" date to apply to enter a team into a league is February but it's not always that black and white or as simple as "well Wimbledon had to start at the bottom". During my time at a club I worked at I had a conversation with the chair of the Conference. He said "you (or Pompey for that matter) are not a small club in a leafy suburb in London. You're a relatively large club from a decent sized City. If you applied to enter a league later than the deadline they may see the obvious benefits of you joining. Even if it meant running with 23 or 25 teams". The Southern Prem is only 1 promotion below the Conference N/S and 3 below League 2 but looked willing to let Pompey join if needs be a few years ago. Their teams were asked and they realised the level of income and interest that would be injected into their clubs outweighed the lesser chance of promotion for one season. They could however turn round and say no thanks in our case. We don't know. If that happened we'd apply for each league until one accepted us.

Then there's where we'd play. ACL Wasps have said they're more than happy to talk if the time comes. There are other options within the City though that might be more suitable depending on the level.

It should be noted that the above is distinctly different to fans leading a takeover through a community share offer. It's more Pompey or Wimbledon than Wycombe. It's a rescue package from complete or near oblivion.
Chief is picking through this reply as we speak;)

Nick

Administrator
So because some random bloke who no one even knows the name of has said something and from what I have seen only a handful of people even bothered to listen too, it is now a conspiracy that people are trying to force the club into admin.
Why didn't you say so.
As for saying that most of us are that stupid and will read it and believe that is what should happen is in itself amore scaremongering on your part.
If we all believed what we read then City would be a debt free self funding in a new ground with training and academy facilities on site, and pushing for promotion.
Nick you have a habit of making out people are stupid or telling lies for not towing your line.
We just have varing views........
Oh and mine is right;)

Where have I said that? You have a habit of making stuff up by the looks of it ;) I'd be more worried about somebody on the stage at a trust meeting saying that one way the fans could get the club is via Administration...

Surely the scaremongering is people saying we should go into admin without really knowing about it?

letsallsingtogether

Where have I said that? You have a habit of making stuff up by the looks of it ;) I'd be more worried about somebody on the stage at a trust meeting saying that one way the fans could get the club is via Administration...

Surely the scaremongering is people saying we should go into admin without really knowing about it?
No the scaremongering is by people like you who keep bring this shit up and then not letting it go.
most of us would have read the beginning of the tread and then closed it and forgot about it but for some reason you like to keep pushing this shite.
If we go into admin or we don't I really have no say in it.
If the club want my backing and my money they need to start giving me something to shout about, unfortunately I have seen little of that during their tenure.

Nick

Administrator
No the scaremongering is by people like you who keep bring this shit up and then not letting it go.
most of us would have read the beginning of the tread and then closed it and forgot about it but for some reason you like to keep pushing this shite.
If we go into admin or we don't I really have no say in it.
If the club want my backing and my money they need to start giving me something to shout about, unfortunately I have seen little of that during their tenure.

So the scaremongering isn't the people who say it, but the people who comment about it?

How does that work?

Super Graham Withey

Sorry but the more I see the more disappointed I am that the Sky Blue Trust has seen fit to give Fisher the time of day. Today was another wretched day to be a City fan and here are the Trust giving a platform to a man who represents the organisation who have condemned us to what has be the lowest ebb in the club's history.

martcov

Sorry but the more I see the more disappointed I am that the Sky Blue Trust has seen fit to give Fisher the time of day. Today was another wretched day to be a City fan and here are the Trust giving a platform to a man who represents the organisation who have condemned us to what has be the lowest ebb in the club's history.

Giving him a platform? Is he going to hold a rousing speech? I think it is the other way round with the trust & co having a platform to tear him apart from. He will be barraged with questions- some sensible and some off the wall.

Super Graham Withey

Giving him a platform? Is he going to hold a rousing speech? I think it is the other way round with the trust & co having a platform to tear him apart from. He will be barraged with questions- some sensible and some off the wall.
And do you think being 'torn apart' bothers him?

singers_pore

I think the Trust should be raising pledges of funding from wealthy businessmen, well heeled fans and ordinary fans. If they could get pledges totaling around 5 million or so that would really enhance their credibility as potential owners or at the very least part owners for a consortium. It wouldn't be that difficult to set up on their website. They could provide a link where pledges are made and the pledges have to come with proof of funds, e.g., a bank statement. I would be happy to pledge around 50K if I thought the Trust were serious about raising some serious funds.

I am not surprised that SISU rebuffed the Trust's approach for talks. Most businesses would not consider talking to parties that are unable to show some proof of funds. From a PR point of view SISU were wrong to rebuff the approach because they need to be building bridges with the fans not treating them with contempt. But from a pure transactional point of view I can understand why SISU were so dismissive.

martcov

I think the Trust should be raising pledges of funding from wealthy businessmen, well heeled fans and ordinary fans. If they could get pledges totaling around 5 million or so that would really enhance their credibility as potential owners or at the very least part owners for a consortium. It wouldn't be that difficult to set up on their website. They could provide a link where pledges are made and the pledges have to come with proof of funds, e.g., a bank statement. I would be happy to pledge around 50K if I thought the Trust were serious about raising some serious funds.

I am not surprised that SISU rebuffed the Trust's approach for talks. Most businesses would not consider talking to parties that are unable to show some proof of funds. From a PR point of view SISU were wrong to rebuff the approach because they need to be building bridges with the fans not treating them with contempt. But from a pure transactional point of view I can understand why SISU were so dismissive.

What happens to the 5 million? You mean they pay SISU 5 million?

That is the least of the problem.

You are then back to nil. No working capital, or reserves for the scenario that you cannot generate enough cash to cover e.g. the close season.

I would think the FL would also ask for some proof that you could fulfill the fixtures. Some sort of guarantee.

singers_pore

What happens to the 5 million? You mean they pay SISU 5 million?

That is the least of the problem.

You are then back to nil. No working capital, or reserves for the scenario that you cannot generate enough cash to cover e.g. the close season.

I would think the FL would also ask for some proof that you could fulfill the fixtures. Some sort of guarantee.

It could easily be structured in such a way that every investor is comitted to put in x pounds each season. It just takes imagination and creativity. Not surprised you don't get that.

martcov

It could easily be structured in such a way that every investor is comitted to put in x pounds each season. It just takes imagination and creativity. Not surprised you don't get that.

I do get that you can have other ideas, just don't get why you didn't consider working capital and reserves in your post.

oldfiver

the organisation who have condemned us to what has be the lowest ebb in the club's history - not strictly true!!
Coventry-City-1958-59a1-1024x667.jpg

blueflint

the organisation who have condemned us to what has be the lowest ebb in the club's history - not strictly true!!
Coventry-City-1958-59a1-1024x667.jpg

wasn't that the start of the rebuild as not too long after we got j hill in place and until the last ten years never looked back I remember that team as most were there when I started watching in 53

James Smith

Is it just me who thinks he must have some bollocks to stroll in there and upset the fans? Either that or he is hard as nails.

Nice one for getting it sorted and the stream will get it further afield again as it worked well last time!

Either that or he's supremely ignorant of the high regard he's held in by most if not all of the Sky Blue Army. Yeah the Trust deserve some serious praise for persuading him to make an appearance.

James Smith

Meeting will be streamed live so no censorship

Sadly I don't think that will make him actually answer the questions he's been asked but might be a laugh.

James Smith

Yep, none of the wembley stuff and not allowing him to sidetrack.

It needs somebody to sort of control it, to not let him get away from the point and cutting the crap.

No idea who though.

Jeremy Paxman or at the very least Jeremy Kyle?

Super Graham Withey

Totally agree with this. Forget forums with Fisher, they're pointless. The Trust needs to look at putting together funding to obtain ownership/part ownership of CCFC or even to start a new club.

Users who are viewing this thread