Trust Members Meeting WIth Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

Questions:

- What actual experience of running football clubs does the Trust have? Who is proposed to run the Club?
- What is the plan for turning this around, or at least slowing the decline? Please note this is a question about the primary business function of providing football based entertainment, not a financial question.
- Where are we playing the season after next?
- Where will the academy train when the current deal comes to an end?
- Where will the Trust find the financial resources to run the Club

Questions to be put to the Trust maybe if they want to take over?

NorthernWisdom

While I'm all for quizzing the trust, it's pointless while Fisher is there.

Save it for another meeting when he isn't, don't give him that easy thing to jump on.
Yup, the 'ah, but could you do it better' is the surefire way to fall off a cliff.

It'd be like beng unable to point out Keith O'Neill was shit, because he could still play football better than me (or, to point out SISU are a bit shit when asking questions of CCC ;)). SISU's involvement of the club deserves scrutiny, regardless of failings elsewhere.

dongonzalos

Save it for another meeting when he isn't, don't give him that easy thing to jump on.

You would think only Tim Fisher himself would consider it a good idea to direct a load of questions towards the Trust at the open meeting that he attends.

Last edited:

oldfiver

I did not mean at that meeting but a similar Q&A to the Trust "leaders" - who ever they may be these days

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Well assuming that SISU & CCFC are willing to give the Trust full access to the current financial records & business plans I am pretty sure the Trust and their professional advisors will be able to come up with a detailed plan and answers to those questions.

Interesting the Trust are expected to give such answers having no access to key information but the club and SISU have never come forward with any detailed plan even with the information at their finger tips

One question I would put to the Trust would be "at what point do they say the price is unrealistic, the club is not viable and walk away" Because being the last people imo that SISU would sell to would mean there are no more options left and that has serious implications. But again that cant be answered without information not available to the Trust and their advisors. Make no mistake the Trust as keen as they are to acquire must also be able to say no and walk away - it is not a matter of acquire at all costs

Lets concentrate on Mr Fisher at the moment, which is the purpose of this thread and the meeting. The club is categorically not for sale to the Trust last I heard

Last edited:

oldfiver

Well assuming that SISU & CCFC are willing to give the Trust full access to the current financial records & business plans I am pretty sure the Trust and their professional advisors will be able to come up with a detailed plan and answers to those questions.

Interesting the Trust are expected to give such answers having no access to key information but the club and SISU have never come forward with any detailed plan even with the information at their finger tips

One question I would put to the Trust would be "at what point do they say the price is unrealistic, the club is not viable and walk away" Because being the last people imo that SISU would sell to would mean there are no more options left and that has serious implications. But again that cant be answered without information not available to the Trust and their advisors. Make no mistake the Trust as keen as they are to acquire must also be able to say no and walk away - it is not a matter of acquire at all costs

Lets concentrate on Mr Fisher at the moment, which is the purpose of this thread and the meeting. The club is categorically not for sale to the Trust last I heard

I think you are wrong on this
The Trust have come out and said they want to buy and take over the Club and thus improve its fortunes etc
They have to come forward and explain to the Trust Members first how they intend to do this, how it will be funded and who will be the people to run it?
You say The Trust does not have sufficent information to do this - so how can they make their statement?
You and I both know that if an alleged purchaser rang a company and said " I want to buy you but first show me your books" and "By the way I have no proof of funds" they would not get very far.

I am not sure about the final comment "not being sold to the Trust" - I think she has said she has not put it up for sale ( to anyone) . I know it is semantics but we both understand the difference

letsallsingtogether

I think you are wrong on this
The Trust have come out and said they want to buy and take over the Club and thus improve its fortunes etc
They have to come forward and explain to the Trust Members first how they intend to do this, how it will be funded and who will be the people to run it?
You say The Trust does not have sufficent information to do this - so how can they make their statement?
You and I both know that if an alleged purchaser rang a company and said " I want to buy you but first show me your books" and "By the way I have no proof of funds" they would not get very far.

I am not sure about the final comment "not being sold to the Trust" - I think she has said she has not put it up for sale ( to anyone) . I know it is semantics but we both understand the difference

What a pile of dung ....

Have Sisu come out and told us where they get all their funding from, did they do it when they took over?
Maybe they cheap and nasty free paper could look into it.

Esoterica

What a pile of dung ....

Have Sisu come out and told us where they get all their funding from, did they do it when they took over?
I'd hope a supporter's trust would plan to run the club with a little more transparency and openness than a hedge fund...

Skyblueweeman

The only thing I can give TF credit for is that he's not afraid to put his head above the parapet. Call it arrogance or smugness, I cannot recall anyone in similar situation going so public (if you consider this and the two TalkSport interviews).

It's not like you hear the Blackburn fans getting an audience with the Venkys. I find it rather amusing actually.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I did not mean at that meeting but a similar Q&A to the Trust "leaders" - who ever they may be these days

Dude stop. I'm no Trust fan, that's why I left (or thought I did), but they're open and transparent and have very clearly defined rules.

I'd support Questions being asked of any potential owner, but the Trust are a million miles from that at the moment whereas Sisu are actually our owners right now.

You come off as a bit bitter and obsessed to be honest.

oldfiver

Dude stop. I'm no Trust fan, that's why I left (or thought I did), but they're open and transparent and have very clearly defined rules.

I'd support Questions being asked of any potential owner, but the Trust are a million miles from that at the moment whereas Sisu are actually our owners right now.

You come off as a bit bitter and obsessed to be honest.

I am in the right place then?

fernandopartridge

What a pile of dung ....

Yes, if you ever bothered to read up on things rather than relying on hearsay, SISU were the bidders that came to the fore in 2007 because they showed proof of funds.

letsallsingtogether

Yes, if you ever bothered to read up on things rather than relying on hearsay, SISU were the bidders that came to the fore in 2007 because they showed proof of funds.
And if you read what I had said you would have seen I never asked of proof of fund's just where they came from just like oldfiver had asked of the trust.
But hey never mind keep backing them regardless.
I believe if the trust were ever able to finance a takeover you would see where the money came from.
Or
Maybe they could open a secret Cayman Islands account, and have us all deposit our donations annonemusly.

oldfiver

And if you read what I had said you would have seen I never asked of proof of fund's just where they came from just like oldfiver had asked of the trust.
But hey never mind keep backing them regardless.
I believe if the trust were ever able to finance a takeover you would see where the money came from.
Or
Maybe they could open a secret Cayman Islands account, and have us all deposit our donations annonemusly.

Yes but that's all history - we are where we are.
Wouldn't want to repeat the mistakes of the past would we by having an Owner who cannot prove they have funds to go forward!

1940oldfive

Is it just me who thinks he must have some bollocks to stroll in there and upset the fans? Either that or he is hard as nails.

Nice one for getting it sorted and the stream will get it further afield again as it worked well last time!
not hard has nails just thick has pig shit

oldfiver

There is nothing anonymous about Cayman Islands bank accounts anymore
There is a thing called the Tax Information Exchange Agreement where Cayman Islands Report bank transactions to HMRC ( and all other Countries party to the gareement )
There was an amnesty period but that passed last year

oldfiver

That's all very well, and you're quite right of course.

Is this meeting the time for such questions, however?

I did say earlier it was for a different meeting
However if the question is put about the Trust buying the Club do not be surprised at his reply

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There is nothing anonymous about Cayman Islands bank accounts anymore
There is a thing called the Tax Information Exchange Agreement where Cayman Islands Report bank transactions to HMRC ( and all other Countries party to the gareement )
There was an amnesty period but that passed last year
I look forward to you posting up a list of investors in due course.

NorthernWisdom

Well "they" who ever "they" are haven't told their members the plan yet so I doubt they will tell him
Eh? the plan is a members' meeting with Tim Fisher, isn't it?

Now sure, there's not the finer detail, but not sure I'd expect that. I'll toddle along as I like a spot of rubbernecking and, well, you never know... maybe he'll convert me to his way of thinking. I don't expect to get half an hour to quiz the chairman, and personally I hope it's the first of many meetings between him and the supporters' trust, so I'd say the first is to see how it all works, let it bed in.

But not quite sure what more you expect, really?

oldfiver

Eh? the plan is a members' meeting with Tim Fisher, isn't it?

Now sure, there's not the finer detail, but not sure I'd expect that. I'll toddle along as I like a spot of rubbernecking and, well, you never know... maybe he'll convert me to his way of thinking. I don't expect to get half an hour to quiz the chairman, and personally I hope it's the first of many meetings between him and the supporters' trust, so I'd say the first is to see how it all works, let it bed in.

But not quite sure what more you expect, really?

I meant the plan to take over the Club

skybluetony176

Well when the trust hold their open meetings to discuss trust business, this seems an excellent topic to bring up then.

They recently had an open meeting solely on this very topic. Supporters direct representatives were there as well including one of the guys who were behind mobilising the Portsmouth trust takeover. Forget his name, first name Ashley IIRC.

(edit) this guy Staff - Supporters Direct

Users who are viewing this thread