Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (10 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Most will be dead in states that don’t vote for him anyway
Not if the gun toting morons in the states that do vote for him go back to work while ignoring social distancing. Look at the photo, they’re all clueless and pretty much sitting on each other’s laps. They’re displaying the exact behaviour that’s going to spread it and kill people. I guess at least they can have natural selection on their death certificates instead of Covid 19.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most will be dead in states that don’t vote for him anyway

How does that in any way make it better? They don't vote for me so why should I care? Your saying he should play God and decide who should live or die depending on their voting preference? That's scandalous.

Grendel

How does that in any way make it better? They don't vote for me so why should I care? Your saying he should play God and decide who should live or die depending on their voting preference? That's scandalous.

I’m saying that’s the reality

skybluetony176

Just watched some of the coverage of what Trump had to say last night and he’s morphing into a Hitler or Mussolini parody.

clint van damme

Just watched some of the coverage of what Trump had to say last night and he’s morphing into a Hitler or Mussolini parody.
In the populist lunatic stakes he's lagging behind Modi, Orban, Duterte and Bolnasaro but he's doing his level best to catch them up.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I had BBC News on last night (though heaven knows why - the paper review is utter shite), and saw they were about to broadcast Trump's briefing so i turned off and went to bed. I can't believe so many people in his country think he's doing a good job. Or that he is in any way credible!

Grendel

I had BBC News on last night (though heaven knows why - the paper review is utter shite), and saw they were about to broadcast Trump's briefing so i turned off and went to bed. I can't believe so many people in his country think he's doing a good job. Or that he is in any way credible!

Im sure even die hard Republicans find him hard to stomach but as with the Labour Party here the Democrats know what’s best and think hey let’s decide to put forward an old half dead zombie with sex abuse allegations and a son with dodgy deals in Ukraine. Great plan.

wingy

Like I said before ,a nice civil war or Amexit for the coastal States would solve it.
Failing that Twitter could grow some balls and shut him down.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Like I said before ,a nice civil war or Amexit for the coastal States would solve it.
Failing that Twitter could grow some balls and shut him down.
Would the USA be bankrupt if they didn't have, say, California and Washington (state, not DC) economies to prop them up?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Im sure even die hard Republicans find him hard to stomach but as with the Labour Party here the Democrats know what’s best and think hey let’s decide to put forward an old half dead zombie with sex abuse allegations and a son with dodgy deals in Ukraine. Great plan.

As opposed to an old half dead zombie with sex abuse allegations and his own and his sons and son in law with dodgy dealings abroad like Trump?

And Trump doesn't think he knows what's best and should tell everyone what to do? Did you not see him claim that he ultimate power to open states (which isn't true)? If you disagree with him you get called stupid, low IQ, failing etc.

If you're going to throw analogies like that around best not to use one which much better fit the guy who actually won last time.

Nothing to do with thinking you know what's best. All about how they present it.

Grendel

As opposed to an old half dead zombie with sex abuse allegations and his own and his sons and son in law with dodgy dealings abroad like Trump?

And Trump doesn't think he knows what's best and should tell everyone what to do? Did you not see him claim that he ultimate power to open states (which isn't true)? If you disagree with him you get called stupid, low IQ, failing etc.

If you're going to throw analogies like that around best not to use one which much better fit the guy who actually won last time.

Nothing to do with thinking you know what's best. All about how they present it.

Odd you replied to me and not BSB who seems to completely agree on this

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Trumps fans protesting and breaking curfews View attachment 14899

I assume it's a sartorial get-up in the facemask and hazmat suit. If not the fact their wearing that while holding up a Covid-19 is a lie banner is very funny.

And the placard in the background - I wonder if they realise they're a person and he wants people to put money ahead of him. If he's willing to die so someone can add a few more bucks to their stash then good luck to him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Odd you replied to me and not BSB who seems to completely agree on this

Biden is not a good candidate and I've already stated as such and think choosing him is almost handing Trump the election. But the things you were saying about him about even more to Trump.

Only thing possibly stopping him is how many die between now and November, but even then he'll make up some easily disprovable lunatic excuse and blame the MSM/Dem's and his followers will just lap it up.

clint van damme

Biden is not a good candidate and I've already stated as such and think choosing him is almost handing Trump the election. But the things you were saying about him about even more to Trump.

Only thing possibly stopping him is how many die between now and November, but even then he'll make up some easily disprovable lunatic excuse and blame the MSM/Dem's and his followers will just lap it up.

Biden.is worse than Trump. Incredible if he runs for the Democrats. Fuck knows what they're playing at

Brighton Sky Blue

It comes down to this: the Republican base loves Trump and they are completely behind him. The Democratic base is perhaps 70% behind Biden. Trump has spent the last 4 years holding rallies everywhere to shore up his support, Biden campaigned nowhere in the primary and got other people to win his votes.

Already Biden is at a disadvantage which is amplified further when you see that older voters tend to be Republican and voter turnout is usually just 55% overall. Then you have the swing voters who went for Obama twice and switched to Trump. It’s harder to say how they will go, I think Biden will get back Michigan and one or two others but not enough to turn the tide.

Unless millions die I can only see Trump getting better ratings on the back of this and he is already overtaking Biden in the polls

Grendel

Gotta love it

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think Trump looks like a man who is suffering a severe bout of constipation recently when he's trying to talk about coronavirus. He looks like a man who's been straining like billy-ho and gotten ( to use an Americanism ) nowhere.
He's used to getting his own way by stamping his feet and bullying others but constipation is a great leveller and he's clearly got a blockage in the pipes.
.......excellent.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Trump is now halting immigration to create the impression in his supporter's minds any negative effects of this ares due to those foreigners and immigrants rather than his failings.His base will lap it up.

Even if it spikes massively after halting immigration and re-opening states he'll still sell the line it's some other country's fault to allow him to keep the racist rhetoric going.

clint van damme

Trump is now halting immigration to create the impression in his supporter's minds any negative effects of this ares due to those foreigners and immigrants rather than his failings.His base will lap it up.

Even if it spikes massively after halting immigration and re-opening states he'll still sell the line it's some other country's fault to allow him to keep the racist rhetoric going.

my daughter is due to go out to the States to work in June. I assumed that wouldn't be happening but she's been in contact with them today and apparently there's no change and she's still due to fly out.
I've tried looking at the detail but can't find it anywhere.

CCFCSteve

my daughter is due to go out to the States to work in June. I assumed that wouldn't be happening but she's been in contact with them today and apparently there's no change and she's still due to fly out.
I've tried looking at the detail but can't find it anywhere.

Depends on the restrictions nearer the time Clint. I was due out there last week and they didn’t formally cancel the flight until a couple of weeks before when they extended restrictions. Would be surprised if travel is normal by then but who knows with Trump ?!

ps wouldn’t be surprised if he postponed the election if he’s polling badly and coronavirus numbers are still high in the autumn. Looks like he’ll win if it does go ahead, the democrat candidates were shocking (couldn’t they find one, normal, middle of the road under 70 year old candidate that might attract enough sensible republicans ?!)

clint van damme

Depends on the restrictions nearer the time Clint. I was due out there last week and they didn’t formally cancel the flight until a couple of weeks before when they extended restrictions. Would be surprised if travel is normal by then but who knows with Trump ?!

ps wouldn’t be surprised if he postponed the election if he’s polling badly and coronavirus numbers are still high in the autumn. Looks like he’ll win if it does go ahead, the democrat candidates were shocking (couldn’t they find one, normal, middle of the road under 70 year old candidate that might attract enough sensible republicans ?!)

were you out there for business or pleasure?

CCFCSteve

Two mates 50ths so a group of us were going for a short trip. Gutted but as we were heading to New York possibly for the best !

ps for all it’s issues I still love going to America (it is a fucked up place though !)

clint van damme

Two mates 50ths so a group of us were going for a short trip. Gutted but as we were heading to New York possibly for the best !

ps for all it’s issues I still love going to America (it is a fucked up place though !)

OK. My daughters situation is slightly different then as she is going out there to work.
Love the States myself. I would love to have an extended stay out there for a few months just to get a better handle on it, Austin or New York ideally, my favourite places I've visited out there, hopefully one day I will.

Users who are viewing this thread