Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Just saw some of the footage from the latest Coronavirus news conference and Trump has gone full David Brent. It would be funny if so many people weren’t loosing their lives. What a complete narcissist.

clint van damme

To defend him ever so slightly, and there's no doubt he's an absolute buffoon.
I don't think he's been helped by the state government system.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Trump loves to big up the economy, employment, business, talk about immigration, etc
But he looks completely out of his depth talking about coronavirus. He'd rather talk about himself.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I had to turn off last night, when he started saying in his patronising soft voice "it was me who saw what was happening in China. I saw it coming - ME. So i shut down transport from China".
The bloke is a clown, and the likes of Fauci et al are too scared to lose their job to say anything that contradicts him.

chiefdave

Just saw some of the footage from the latest Coronavirus news conference and Trump has gone full David Brent. It would be funny if so many people weren’t loosing their lives. What a complete narcissist.
That was an incredible press conference. Propaganda videos trying to rewrite history, all out arguments with journalists then declaring he had total control over everything like some kind of dictator.

Gazolba

Trump is doing a great job in organising the US response to the virus.
The death rate in the US is less that one third of that in the UK (.04 versus .13 of total cases).
But 95% of the US media are pro-establishment and anti-Trump and will spin everything he does, or doesn't do. in a negative light.
At the press conferences, they are like a pack of hyenas.
Trump has to be on the defensive all the time.
It got so bad in the last press conference, I just stopped watching.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To defend him ever so slightly, and there's no doubt he's an absolute buffoon.
I don't think he's been helped by the state government system.

But I think there's probably a fair few who are also glad of it. Unfortunately when Trump throws his toys out of the pram and stops funding etc reaching the states in a hissy fit it's the state that will suffer, and then Trump and his cronies will say look at how bad they did in combating it, failing to mention said funding.

He really does think he's a dictator doesn't he. The more I see of him the less I would want a President unless it was purely a ceremonial role with no power. Giving one individual so much influence, even with the checks of the senate and the judiciary, is just asking for trouble one day.

Sky Blue Pete

But I think there's probably a fair few who are also glad of it. Unfortunately when Trump throws his toys out of the pram and stops funding etc reaching the states in a hissy fit it's the state that will suffer, and then Trump and his cronies will say look at how bad they did in combating it, failing to mention said funding.

He really does think he's a dictator doesn't he. The more I see of him the less I would want a President unless it was purely a ceremonial role with no power. Giving one individual so much influence, even with the checks of the senate and the judiciary, is just asking for trouble one day.
Like the tories

OffenhamSkyBlue

Trump is doing a great job in organising the US response to the virus.
The death rate in the US is less that one third of that in the UK (.04 versus .13 of total cases).
But 95% of the US media are pro-establishment and anti-Trump and will spin everything he does, or doesn't do. in a negative light.
At the press conferences, they are like a pack of hyenas.
Trump has to be on the defensive all the time.
It got so bad in the last press conference, I just stopped watching.

You can't make that claim without knowing the number of "total cases", and it would appear that the US are testing far more than UK,. We will likely never know the true case fatality rate UNLESS we test the entire population for antibodies in a couple of months' time. And i'm not sure anyone can afford to do that!.

I question the point of mass testing for current infection - it is a snapshot of a person's status on that day (if they are negative). Even an NHS worker - how many times are they going to be tested? They have a coughing fit - they get removed from duty, get tested, wait 48 hours for the results - negative. Go back onto the ward, don't put their mask on quite right, but they get lucky and don't catch it off Mrs Bloggs in Bay 14. They go home via the supermarket, pick up a loaf of bread and a tin of beans for their tea, someone else in the community who was infected coughed onto the conveyor belt. Nurse picks up her bread, feels the urge to cough, puts her hand to her mouth (a tiny lapse in concentration) - BOSH! She is now infected - she goes into work for four days thinking she's in the clear cos she just had a negative test. Gets a cough, etc, etc - rinse and repeat!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Once again looking to lay the blame at someone else's door, blaming WHO and also using it as a good chance to promote his xenophobia.

It may well be that the WHO had insufficient or indeed wrong data, but that is down to the Chinese for covering up. They massively restrict access to outside bodies or show them the sanitised version. It's long been expected such a disease would come from a secretive nation like China or N Korea not providing the full scenario and hampering them from doing their work to prevent and minimise it. So what were WHO meant to do. Say we don't believe them even though we have absolutely no empirical evidence of it. The US poor response is down to the US and Trump not taking it seriously enough, just as we didn't. But one again the performing monkeys will clap their hands and agree with him because the US and Trump can never be wrong.

Defunding just makes the chance of this happening again far more likely because as I've said before they stop a lot more from happening.

clint van damme

Once again looking to lay the blame at someone else's door, blaming WHO and also using it as a good chance to promote his xenophobia.

It may well be that the WHO had insufficient or indeed wrong data, but that is down to the Chinese for covering up. They massively restrict access to outside bodies or show them the sanitised version. It's long been expected such a disease would come from a secretive nation like China or N Korea not providing the full scenario and hampering them from doing their work to prevent and minimise it. So what were WHO meant to do. Say we don't believe them even though we have absolutely no empirical evidence of it. The US poor response is down to the US and Trump not taking it seriously enough, just as we didn't. But one again the performing monkeys will clap their hands and agree with him because the US and Trump can never be wrong.

Defunding just makes the chance of this happening again far more likely because as I've said before they stop a lot more from happening.

I can't believe I'm defending trump again but the WHO defended the data coming out of China. They made a bit of a rod for their own back doing that.
There's a conspiracy theory in China that this virus was started deliberately by the Americans!

Never really thought these things work both ways

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can't believe I'm defending trump again but the WHO defended the data coming out of China. They made a bit of a rod for their own back doing that.
There's a conspiracy theory in China that this virus was started deliberately by the Americans!

If from what they'd seen on the ground correlated to the data did they really have any other option? Could well be stuff going on that they don't see but can they just say "we think there's more to it" despite not having proof? Dangerous game to play. What would stop them saying the same about us, or America, or France? A scientific organisation has to go on empirical evidence, not hunches someone isn't telling the truth otherwise they lose all scientific credibility.

If what they'd seen didn't match the figures then by all means there should have been questions raised and caveats mentioned. But if the Chinese had managed what they were able to see to correlate with the figures they'd have no evidence to question it.

wingy

Why, the mortality rate there has been mirrored In the USA.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I don’t agree with a lot of things Trump says,But I like the guy at least he got Americans working again.
If he’s that bad how was he elected?
Clinton must have been bad if he won.
That’s my opinion.

clint van damme

I don’t agree with a lot of things Trump says,But I like the guy at least he got Americans working again.
That’s my opinion.

Clinton is absolutely despised by many in the States.
Of course there are those who despise her based on things she's actually done and then there are those who despise her because Alex Jones told them she's running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza parlour (which turned out not to have a basement).

skybluetony176

That’s my opinion.
The trend in the decline in unemployment was started by Obama. Trump has only reaped the rewards of an ongoing effect left over from the Obama government. Indications were that Trumps trade wars were actually slowing that trend and in many areas of US industry reversing that effect. Farming industry especially.

shmmeee

That’s my opinion.

By this logic there has never been a bad elected leader.

Not seen any evidence he’s got people working, but TBF don’t pay much attention. What he and Boris did well is appeal to people the political establishment had decided weren’t worth listening to who had been badly affected by globalisation.

Politics needs to get back to concerning itself with the lives of ordinary people more, it’s a failure of the political class that the populists are winning elections, just like it was in Germany in the 30s. And just like Germany it won’t be solved by populism but by sensible economics that put money in people’s pockets.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That’s my opinion.

Same way Johnson did - smearing the opposition, showmanship and lying.

Gazolba

You guys should be criticizing China and the China-centric WHO, not the US and Donald Trump:
WHO-funding.png

Gazolba

What are you trying to prove here?
That the US pays the largest percentage of any country to support the WHO, and since the WHO is not operating in their best interests, the US is within their rights to suspend funding until the situation can be investigated.

clint van damme

That the US pays the largest percentage of any country to support the WHO, and since the WHO is not operating in their best interests, the US is within their rights to suspend funding until the situation can be investigated.

I actually think Trump may have a bit of a point but his reaction is typically crass.
All he knows the value of is money. He is so umstateman like it's embarrassing.

It's all he's got in his locker. Withdrawing funding from an international organisation trying to coordinate the fight against the epidemic is highly irresponsible.

shmmeee

How are the WHO not operating in their interests? Seems like standard “I don’t understand the value of supranational organisations” from Trump to me.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You guys should be criticizing China and the China-centric WHO, not the US and Donald Trump:
View attachment 14861

I am blaming China. For the response to this crisis being worse in the US than elsewhere that has to lie at Trump and the US' door. But the USA and Trump are never, ever wrong...

I'll ask again, what do you suppose they do if the figures and what they're allowed to see match up? Now lots of people, myself included, don't believe China. WHO probably don't either, but without proof or non-correlating data to throw suspicion at the outset on their findings they can't say otherwise. If you had that proof when this all started, great - you should've handed it over to them. We may see from the figures at the end China are an outlier and the credibility of their evidence is massively lacking but that can only occur after the event.

Plus how many pandemics have they prevented over the years that we've never heard of because they got nipped in the bud?

This is Trump deflecting criticism of his handling of the situation. The fact it's also not a US organisation so he can play the xenophobic card to his supporter base is just a boon.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So the WHO should be run for the best interests of America is what you're saying? The US had a department exactly for that. Trump defunded it (though claims he didn't)

Users who are viewing this thread