Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

Calista

100% this.

This fits what Pereira could bring. If he does come, his best attribute is ball progression from deep finding runners further up the pitch. With the likes of Wright and Tats on the wings, Pereira is the type of a midfielder who can ping balls to those guys as well to a striker to spark attacking sequences.

Tempo control and deep-lying passing is much more typically asked of a DM / CM in a 4-2-3-1 than the marauding attacking runs of Hamer.
That's fair enough. But quite a few on here seem to have gone pretty quickly from "we desperately need a Hamer replacement" to "we really don't need a Hamer replacement".

This particular player (admittedly based only on a few mins of video) seems more like good competition for Sheaf and Eccles, with longer range passing?

CoventryUSA

That's fair enough. But quite a few on here seem to have gone pretty quickly from "we desperately need a Hamer replacement" to "we really don't need a Hamer replacement".

This particular player (admittedly based only on a few mins of video) seems more like good competition for Sheaf and Eccles, with longer range passing?

Yes. I would rate him very similar to Eccles in overall talent. He would add depth and create competition in the midfield that needs another body to handle the season-long grind.

He is not a Hamer replacement (unless he experienced some sort of personal renaissance). Not sure any player could ever fill Hamer's boots.

Alkhen

Can't argue with Langstaff's stats over the last 3 seasons, taken the step up to league football in his stride. The gulf between League 2 and Championship is pretty massive though

shmmeee

Can't argue with Langstaff's stats over the last 3 seasons, taken the step up to league football in his stride. The gulf between League 2 and Championship is pretty massive though

A reverse McNulty? 😬

You never be on the wrong end of a McNulty.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we are missing the importance of our formation change when we talk about the 8 replacing Hamers goal threat.

last season we had goals from Vik and Hamer mainly.

the new formation gives us goals from Tats, Hadji, Simms, COH.

For me the new CM is about helping us link defence to attack more accurately and reliably than it is about another attacking midfielder.

Hamer would fit perfectly in this new system. I generally believe had we kept him, we’d be a top 4 team.

In this new system, our CMs have freedom to push forward, they have wide players and overlapping full backs to aim for as well gives us a lot of options in possession. I do think that despite the strengths of Allen, Eccles and Sheaf, we need a progressive playmaker in the team to really push on.

Even when we played 3-4-1-2, we have a CAM behind Gyokeres and Godden so the midfield CM pair, AM and strikers shape was similar.

hill83

Godden off? Good trade this would be! Got a bit of a Jamie Vardy type career about him.

Not too sure about the barnet. Think it might flow at a similar level to Goddens but the hairline is a bit too high.

Gint11

Twitter nonsense. He's only just signed a new contract with County, not going anywhere before the summer at the earliest.

Yeah true but some players are happy and sign and then an offer comes in they can’t refuse. Apparently Notts have money and he’s on a long contract so the ball is in there court if true. We’d have to stump up. Theres not much chance of the player turning down more £ per week and playing 2 divisions higher.

Noble

Regardless of it being true or not. Godden is finished now and Tavares will never be at the level. That’s 2 strikers we need to replace.

As fun as it sounds getting a 40+ goal striker he does seem to get a lot of service in that team that he won't be getting here...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Most of LA is a right shit hole
Not that simple when it comes to intra-MLS transfers.

Any amount of LAFC uses to trade for Pereira would take away resources LAFC can use to buy down their salary cap budget. Even if Pereira wants a move to LA, if Austin's General Allocation Money price range is too much for LAFC they simply won't be able to add him. LAFC certainly has a need with Kellyn Acosta leaving, but Pereira would command a really high trade value that LAFC may just not have the ability to pull off.
Haji Wright is from LA. Ultimately European football is where everyone aims to be and the Championship is definitely a top 10 league these days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm not saying anything about the quality of football, but if you think a trip down The Wave is remotely comparable to an afternoon on Huntington Beach then I'm lost for words! Living in Coventry doesn't even come close to living in LA or one of the surrounding areas, even if a lot of downtown can be a shit hole.

CovLad94

That account is just stupid, made up nonsense, according to them Luton signed Whittaker for 4m and Simms signed for Cardiff

JoeCCFCPUSB

All jokes aside, i do think if the rumors are true regarding a £2.5 million pound bid for league 2 Langstaff then this could potentially be chucking £2.5 mill in the bin. If we could sign him for £1 million then it's a lot less of a gamble. Having said that if Godden does end up moving on, having Langstaff as a number 2 and Simms playing as our first choice forward could work.

Saddlebrains

Wouldn't be surprised. Don't like getting too much into it as I find leagues like Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish etc very hard to rate top to bottom. They kinda have leagues within leagues. So to avoid more arguments I just played a safe top 10.
Gun to head I'd say maybe 7th/8th.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Higher than that

Premier league
La liga
Bundesliga
Serie A

Then for me the championship

The french league is fucking Pony, and the Eredivisie is not what it used to be

Users who are viewing this thread