Transfer targets (16 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Still a resounding no from me . We've gone past giving aging players a final payday .
We play decent football and Kieffer Moore isn't a striker that plays that style .
Loan or buy a young player but give Simms more game time
Kieffer Moore is a massive step backwards
I think he's exactly the sort of player we need on a short term contract. We have three strikers and desperately need more depth especially as Simms needs time to develop.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he's exactly the sort of player we need on a short term contract. We have three strikers and desperately need more depth especially as Simms needs time to develop.
Thankfully, you’re not in charge of recruitment. He strikes me as a player of yesteryear.

That and his wages will probably be above what we’d want to pay.

Levship20

Remember Robert Rosario, not a prolific goalscorer but he was a handful and created a lot of space for others.

Astute

I’d disagree on the Scottish league - the league itself is not well exposed, but Celtic get a ridiculous amount of coverage all over the world.

there’s still the perceived notion they should be better in Europe because they were half decent at Celtic park
They do get exposure. But if they had a decent opponent most weeks they would get a lot more. Who wants to see Rangers v Celtic evey week or one of them against a side they don't have a clue about in a one sided game?

They want to see action. The Prem has the money but the Championship has the best games. Will start a thread when I have time on the insights of a foreigner who loves football.

SBbucks

Apart from the money issue, Moore is completely unsuited to the way we play so can’t see this happening for a minute. I don’t think Robins has ever played with a big target man in the last 7 years and suspect he won’t in the foreseeable future. Moore is the type of striker that is very easy to isolate and nullify, but might add something to a team like Rotherham.
No, no and no again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Why go for Moore when you could offer Plymouth a quick profit on Whittaker? Outperforming his xG by double and also one of the best ball carrying forwards in the division.
My son in law to be is a Plymouth supporter 😁

He wasn't happy with our goal when the ball went out and now Stoke have taken their manager. He stayed with us over New Year. Think i may have wound him up a little. He'd never come back if we also bought Whittaker as well 😂😂😂

TomRad85

Really want that Pereira lad now. Think he’s just what we’re missing. Which means it’s never going to happen. Never fall in love with a YouTube clip.
Young South American International who can ping the ball all over the pitch. Love at first sight.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

steve cooper

We could bid £30 million for him but presumably they’d just hold out for us to bid even more next season?
Yes, isn't it strange, presumably they wouldn't sell Whittaker unless the offer is too good to turn down, yet people are worried we will lose Sakamoto the minute someone comes knocking.

SBAndy

Moore as a short term loan I could get on board with. Think the current system lends itself well to a target man. However, as much as Simms isn’t scoring a great deal at the moment it’s not causing us issues so is it worth persevering? Depends what this season’s ambition is.

Martin180

Moore as a short term loan I could get on board with. Think the current system lends itself well to a target man. However, as much as Simms isn’t scoring a great deal at the moment it’s not causing us issues so is it worth persevering? Depends what this season’s ambition is.
Moore is slower than Fadz , doesn't suit our current style of play in any way

Skyblue Bangkok

I don't think Moore is Robins type of player, he sold of Clarke Harris all those seasons ago.

Terry_dactyl

But I don’t want this to detract from the actual purpose of the thread, so Kieffer Moore , big lad up top, scores goals in the league , we already have Simms for that. But if it helped push us up the league, I wouldn’t be against signing him. Would be great strength in depth to have
Good player but word in Cardiff is that he’s a done deal to sign with them.

Users who are viewing this thread