Transfer targets (16 Viewers)

slowpoke

If Robins thinks Longstaff is good enough that’s fine by me. We need a striker maybe even two.

Yorkshire SB

Higher than that

Premier league
La liga
Bundesliga
Serie A

Then for me the championship

The french league is fucking Pony, and the Eredivisie is not what it used to be
French league is well clear
2 or 3 teams that are better than Leicester and the same at a similar level

It’s also full of class, young players

Yorkshire SB

Not for me on Longstaff - Notts were unbelievable in the conference. Godden scores the same amount of goals, and the same again this season.

If he was <23yo then it’s different but he’s 26

Reactions: ptr

Flying Fokker

Not sure he’s good enough? Having seen the video I think he’ll be up for the challenge. He’s a player who does well in the box. The sort of places where our players have been wanting. Maybe needs to develop his time on the ball a bit? If he wants to step up I think we would be good for him as well.

Last edited:

JoeCCFCPUSB

Kieffer Moore made available by Bournemouth with a number of Champ clubs interested.
That would be a brilliant signing however due to the fact he is 31 and will be on premier league wages it would be really tricky to get him over the line. His contract doesn't run out until June 2025 and i would imagine he will be earning anything between 30-45 grand a week. If you were in his shoes you would sit on your contract until next summer and evaluate your options then.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Someone posted a load of links of Japanese footballers and i actually think going into the market for another Sakamoto steal would be a great idea. Of course there is always an element of risk, not everyone of them will be a success. Sakamoto has hit the ground running, very similar to Brighton's Mitoma, he was signed for £2.5 million pounds and now is worth £50 million. Sakamoto is nowhere near Mitoma in terms of ability, however Sakamoto is worth 2-3 times the £2.25 million pounds we paid for him.

wingy

That would be a brilliant signing however due to the fact he is 31 and will be on premier league wages it would be really tricky to get him over the line. His contract doesn't run out until June 2025 and i would imagine he will be earning anything between 30-45 grand a week. If you were in his shoes you would sit on your contract until next summer and evaluate your options then.
Let Bournemouth pick up the tab.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Kieffer Moore is slower than Godden , where would he fit into this system
And he's shit

Hahah i love the honesty, tbf mate i do agree he wouldn't be on my list of players to purchase. A loan move for him would be sensible tho, given his experience in this league and the fact he offers another dimension in terms of being a big lump. Simms while he is a big lad isn't the big lump physically imposing bully type of centre forward. Godden isn't either so i just think a 6 month loan move could be something that could pay off, especially when you factor in Godden's injury record. Late on in the season Simms might be still struggling for goals, fatigued and Godden could be out injured. This is where Kieffer Moore could be someone we can benefit from.

Martin180

Hahah i love the honesty, tbf mate i do agree he wouldn't be on my list of players to purchase. A loan move for him would be sensible tho, given his experience in this league and the fact he offers another dimension in terms of being a big lump. Simms while he is a big lad isn't the big lump physically imposing bully type of centre forward. Godden isn't either so i just think a 6 month loan move could be something that could pay off, especially when you factor in Godden's injury record. Late on in the season Simms might be still struggling for goals, fatigued and Godden could be out injured. This is where Kieffer Moore could be someone we can benefit from.
Still a resounding no from me . We've gone past giving aging players a final payday .
We play decent football and Kieffer Moore isn't a striker that plays that style .
Loan or buy a young player but give Simms more game time
Kieffer Moore is a massive step backwards

Astute

The main reason I’d say old firm is a better choice is because it’s easier to shine and you’ll always get exposure.

Leicester and Leeds for instance would be paying more perhaps double what Celtic would pay.

I’d compare it to Gyokeres - he’s gone to a lesser league on more more money and he’s ripping it up and is showing himself in Europe.

He’s now primed for another big move
If Gyokeres moved to Celtic instead he would have smashed the SPL. But he wouldn't have got the same exposure as Scottish clubs mainly just make the numbers up in Europe these days and the calibre of their opponents isn't that good.

How about TV exposure? How many are interested in paying for the rights to a 2 club division? In the Championship you get noticed. Games shown right through Europe.

Each season we have sides in the Championship that could easily slot into the top division in most countries.

Speaking to a French bloke NYE. He said French football boring. Just 1 club these days. Paris. Says they watch more English games than French. Players in England do get noticed but our values are higher because of the Prem.

Astute

Sakamoto has hit the ground running, very similar to Brighton's Mitoma, he was signed for £2.5 million pounds and now is worth £50 million. Sakamoto is nowhere near Mitoma in terms of ability, however Sakamoto is worth 2-3 times the £2.25 million pounds we paid for him.
Do you really think we have seen the best of Sakamoto yet?

I've laughed a few times when he has left his opponent not knowing where either he or the ball is. A rare skill he shows frequently. And he is just getting warmed up. I said a couple of weeks ago that we might struggle to keep him this summer. But if he keeps up with his current form and rips Leicester apart guess who will come knocking.

Skyblue Bangkok

If Gyokeres moved to Celtic instead he would have smashed the SPL. But he wouldn't have got the same exposure as Scottish clubs mainly just make the numbers up in Europe these days and the calibre of their opponents isn't that good.

How about TV exposure? How many are interested in paying for the rights to a 2 club division? In the Championship you get noticed. Games shown right through Europe.

Each season we have sides in the Championship that could easily slot into the top division in most countries.

Speaking to a French bloke NYE. He said French football boring. Just 1 club these days. Paris. Says they watch more English games than French. Players in England do get noticed but our values are higher because of the Prem.
Actually the French league below PSG is interesting , usually different sides get into the CL slots and they produce so many good players. I usually try and catch St Etienne games in Div 2.

Astute

Actually the French league below PSG is interesting , usually different sides get into the CL slots and they produce so many good players. I usually try and catch St Etienne games in Div 2.
Interesting but not exciting like the Championship can be.

Not taking over a thread with a conversation I had the other night. I can bore you in another thread 😁

Flying Fokker

Someone posted a load of links of Japanese footballers and i actually think going into the market for another Sakamoto steal would be a great idea. Of course there is always an element of risk, not everyone of them will be a success. Sakamoto has hit the ground running, very similar to Brighton's Mitoma, he was signed for £2.5 million pounds and now is worth £50 million. Sakamoto is nowhere near Mitoma in terms of ability, however Sakamoto is worth 2-3 times the £2.25 million pounds we paid for him.
Sakamoto didn’t he looked pretty ropey early on. Robins didn’t seem to want to push him and he showed signs of a good olayer. These last 8 games he’s been our best player amongst a team that also settled in. Interesting that you pulled Mitoma out of your pocket, I’d be interested to read your view on other Japanese players.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d disagree on the Scottish league - the league itself is not well exposed, but Celtic get a ridiculous amount of coverage all over the world.

there’s still the perceived notion they should be better in Europe because they were half decent at Celtic park

Blind-Faith

But I don’t want this to detract from the actual purpose of the thread, so Kieffer Moore , big lad up top, scores goals in the league , we already have Simms for that. But if it helped push us up the league, I wouldn’t be against signing him. Would be great strength in depth to have

Users who are viewing this thread