Transfer targets (17 Viewers)

Jamesimus

My mate work at the CBS and apparently there's lots of media action there today.
I don’t believe anything you say anymore
I watched up to 2 mins, I have now watched it all and accept what has been said about him, I admit I jumped the gun on this one, happy to be proved wrong. I liked the last segment where it showed his defensive work as well, lot of tackling and robbing the ball on the edge of his own box. I'm now more convinced he could be a player for us

He looks like he has all the attributes, only thing for me is I know nothing about the MLS and in that video he’s passing to players who seem to not even be able to control the ball!

hill83

Missed that one - when did that happen?

slowpoke

He looks like he has all the attributes, only thing for me is I know nothing about the MLS and in that video he’s passing to players who seem to not even be able to control the ball!
Should be alright with Simms then

CoventryUSA

That video wasn't highlights from MLS. It was from university a few years ago.

Jamesimus

That video wasn't highlights from MLS. It was from university a few years ago.

Ah I was on about the first vid I think SleepyGinger posted? That’s MLS right? It might not be, I know absolutely nothing about U.S. football and judging by your username, you do haha!

CoventryUSA

Ah I was on about the first vid I think SleepyGinger posted? That’s MLS right? It might not be, I know absolutely nothing about U.S. football and judging by your username, you do haha!

Missed that one. Yes, that one is largely MLS. Although, there are some highlights in there from the US Open Cup (our equivalent to the F.A. Cup) that includes some lower level teams. Those matches also generally feature rotated squads as the MLS sides usually won't play full strength rosters until the final few rounds. In the video, you can tell if it is Open Cup by looking at the score box in the upper left corner. It will have a picture of the trophy and usually the words "Lamar Hunt US Open Cup" above it.

The one posted right after by Shmmeee was the one I thought you were referring to.

Calista

I trust the recruitment team, and if it turns out we are after this guy he will be good. But if I was solely going by those two highlights reels I'd be pretty underwhelmed, particularly in terms of replacing Hamer's goal threat.

Deity

I think we are missing the importance of our formation change when we talk about the 8 replacing Hamers goal threat.

last season we had goals from Vik and Hamer mainly.

the new formation gives us goals from Tats, Hadji, Simms, COH.

For me the new CM is about helping us link defence to attack more accurately and reliably than it is about another attacking midfielder.

SleepyGinger

I trust the recruitment team, and if it turns out we are after this guy he will be good. But if I was solely going by those two highlights reels I'd be pretty underwhelmed, particularly in terms of replacing Hamer's goal threat.
Scores some great goals in the second video to be fair

TomRad85

Oh lord the poor guy is going to suffer from not being as good as peak Hamer the moment he steps on the pitch isn't he. Haji Wright/Gyokeres vibes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Los Angeles versus Coventry. If he does come here he's going to murder his agent about three days after he arrives.

Malibu? Long beach? Sorry mate, here's Cathedral Lanes.
Haji Wright is from LA. Ultimately European football is where everyone aims to be and the Championship is definitely a top 10 league these days.

CoventryUSA

I think we are missing the importance of our formation change when we talk about the 8 replacing Hamers goal threat.

last season we had goals from Vik and Hamer mainly.

the new formation gives us goals from Tats, Hadji, Simms, COH.

For me the new CM is about helping us link defence to attack more accurately and reliably than it is about another attacking midfielder.

100% this.

This fits what Pereira could bring. If he does come, his best attribute is ball progression from deep finding runners further up the pitch. With the likes of Wright and Tats on the wings, Pereira is the type of a midfielder who can ping balls to those guys as well to a striker to spark attacking sequences.

Tempo control and deep-lying passing is much more typically asked of a DM / CM in a 4-2-3-1 than the marauding attacking runs of Hamer.

TomRad85

Wasn't it top 5 for something, thought it was competive and numbers?
Sorry replying to tomrad?
Wouldn't be surprised. Don't like getting too much into it as I find leagues like Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish etc very hard to rate top to bottom. They kinda have leagues within leagues. So to avoid more arguments I just played a safe top 10.
Gun to head I'd say maybe 7th/8th.

CoventryUSA

Los Angeles versus Coventry. If he does come here he's going to murder his agent about three days after he arrives.

Malibu? Long beach? Sorry mate, here's Cathedral Lanes.

Not that simple when it comes to intra-MLS transfers.

Any amount of LAFC uses to trade for Pereira would take away resources LAFC can use to buy down their salary cap budget. Even if Pereira wants a move to LA, if Austin's General Allocation Money price range is too much for LAFC they simply won't be able to add him. LAFC certainly has a need with Kellyn Acosta leaving, but Pereira would command a really high trade value that LAFC may just not have the ability to pull off.

Users who are viewing this thread