Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Transfer Shouts

There was a slight rumour either Panzo or Doyle (probably Panzo) was a potential LTB wasn’t there?

I don't really see why they'd do that?

Cooper rates him highly, proven by the fact that Forest paid a fee of up to £1.5m for him back in January.

A loan to buy doesn't really work this season. As if he performs well I'd imagine they'd be looking to receive a significant profit on him beyond what they paid, or conversely Cooper could look to bring him into the fold depending what league they're in/how well he performs.

Regardless, I'd imagine they'd want to take a look at how he copes with regular Championship football initially then go from there.
 
I don't really see why they'd do that?

Cooper rates him highly, proven by the fact that Forest paid a fee of up to £1.5m for him back in January.

A loan to buy doesn't really work this season. As if he performs well I'd imagine they'd be looking to receive a significant profit on him beyond what they paid, or conversely Cooper could look to bring him into the fold depending what league they're in/how well he performs.

Regardless, I'd imagine they'd want to take a look at how he copes with regular Championship football initially then go from there.

Just saying there was a rumour, and of the two Panzo is more likely than Doyle just because of his age really.

Agree it looks unlikely, but if Forest stay up and have several CBs ahead of him, I could see it.
 
Just saying there was a rumour, and of the two Panzo is more likely than Doyle just because of his age really.

Agree it looks unlikely, but if Forest stay up and have several CBs ahead of him, I could see it.

Yeah but in that case if he performs well, he'd likely attract a great deal of interest, meaning Forest could make a significant profit on what they paid for him.

If any pre-agreed LTB was structured similar to the Sheaf deal for instance, with an obligation to buy at the conclusion of the loan if certain clauses are met, then Forest could potentially be at risk of massively underselling Panzo depending on how well he performs.

Obviously that's not a given and there are other variables to consider, but I'd hazard a guess that's why they may just wait until next summer before making any concrete decisions on his future. Especially as he's only been at the club for six months.
 
There’s going to a massive turn over next summer, half of the squad are out of contract and unless you can get them to sign a new contract which is highly unlikely we will probably cash in on Hamer and Gyokeres.
 
There’s going to a massive turn over next summer, half of the squad are out of contract and unless you can get them to sign a new contract which is highly unlikely we will probably cash in on Hamer and Gyokeres.
I’m pretty sure Hamer and Gyokeres will sign new contracts for us in the premier league
 
TBH I’m not against loans, every other team uses them, some to excellent effect. As long as it’s as well as bringing in our own talent not instead of.
Djed Spence., Keinan Davis and Garner at Forest last season (made a huge difference to them.
 
The Huddersfield manager said he wasn’t capable of starting a game (fitness wise). With Robins already cautious about Palmer and warning fans it could take months up to get up to speed it would be strange to bring in another to replace the ever present O’Hare.

But maybe that’s the market we’re shopping in

Given the signings we have made so far, it is definitely the market we are shopping in.

If he is saying we could have up to four more in, and 'spinning plates', then you would have to imagine that means some departures happening, probably at least 2 if not 3. Hopefully though, they are players like Waghorn and Walker, rather than Gyokeres and Hamer.
 
Djed Spence., Keinan Davis and Garner at Forest last season (made a huge difference to them.

The difference is though, would we able to attract/have the means to bring in those types of loans.

I'd imagine Forest paid a reasonable loan fee for Davis and didn't United/Garner actually turn us down a couple of seasons ago? To bring him back I do wonder if again they needed to pay a loan fee to secure his services.
 
There’s going to a massive turn over next summer, half of the squad are out of contract and unless you can get them to sign a new contract which is highly unlikely we will probably cash in on Hamer and Gyokeres.

It won’t matter that half of them are out of contract, I think we’re in a bit of a holding pattern to allow us to fully refresh next summer.
 
Given the signings we have made so far, it is definitely the market we are shopping in.

If he is saying we could have up to four more in, and 'spinning plates', then you would have to imagine that means some departures happening, probably at least 2 if not 3. Hopefully though, they are players like Waghorn and Walker, rather than Gyokeres and Hamer.

I’d expect none out = 2 more in, O’Hare out means 4 more in.
 
It won’t matter that half of them are out of contract, I think we’re in a bit of a holding pattern to allow us to fully refresh next summer.

Well that's pretty much it-which is why I'd hoped we'd hold off on big sales till then.
 
It won’t matter that half of them are out of contract, I think we’re in a bit of a holding pattern to allow us to fully refresh next summer.

Yeah pretty much all of the players out of contract we probably wanted rid of anyway.

Not particularly ideal the amount of loan players being brought on board this season though.

With significantly less permanent players on the books it'll be a pretty extensive rebuilding job next summer.
 
Any reason we aren’t going after Jason Knight on the Derby clear out? Seems a much better option in midfield


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Our Derby fans as pissed off as we were with Burnley, now that someone inside the club has apparently leaked confirmation that we’re after Bird and Sibley?
 
Our Derby fans as pissed off as we were with Burnley, now that someone inside the club has apparently leaked confirmation that we’re after Bird and Sibley?

'Our Derby fans' I didn't know we had any? 😉
 
Let's not forget how efficiently Forest used their loanees to secure promotion...

Too many I think. They are having to sign a huge amount of players. Can only see a season of struggle and coming straight back down.
 
There’s going to a massive turn over next summer, half of the squad are out of contract and unless you can get them to sign a new contract which is highly unlikely we will probably cash in on Hamer and Gyokeres.
Why unlikely
 
Why unlikely

Unlikely, unless somehow we get promoted to the PL. They are both ambitious, and even with sky blue tinted specs, I cannot see them staying beyond next season. We are unlikely to be able to offer improved contracts, unless SISU free up substantial funds, which is also unlikely.
 
Unlikely, unless somehow we get promoted to the PL. They are both ambitious, and even with sky blue tinted specs, I cannot see them staying beyond next season. We are unlikely to be able to offer improved contracts, unless SISU free up substantial funds, which is also unlikely.
Sorry thought you said no one would sign new contracts
 
Too many I think. They are having to sign a huge amount of players. Can only see a season of struggle and coming straight back down.
promotion is still the goal regardless of staying up or not. we need the money more than stable league standing atm.
 
promotion is still the goal regardless of staying up or not. we need the money more than stable league standing atm.
If we got promoted would the aim be to buy out wasps?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
promotion is still the goal regardless of staying up or not. we need the money more than stable league standing atm.

I think one year promoted getting hammered every week might be counter productive for the squad and fans.
 
would £100,000,000 be counterproductive for the squad and fans?
Oddly maybe... I haven't enjoyed the football as much as I have in the last few years as we can actually compete. In the premiership it's all about just holding on. I don't want to watch others good players at the level I want to watch ours.
 
Oddly maybe... I haven't enjoyed the football as much as I have in the last few years as we can actually compete. In the premiership it's all about just holding on. I don't want to watch others good players at the level I want to watch ours.
think it would be better to sacrifice the quality of football we play just for a season to put the club in a better financial standing for future seasons. would we rather be the fulham’s or the rotherham’s of the bunch ?
 
If we go up, then debts get payed off, more money is in the club. Can start the building of a new stadium. Then it looks an attractive buy for a new owner and even if we are only there for 1 season we can then go back to watching us play some good football and winning games
 
If we go up, then debts get payed off, more money is in the club. Can start the building of a new stadium. Then it looks an attractive buy for a new owner and even if we are only there for 1 season we can then go back to watching us play some good football and winning games
It would be cheaper and quicker to buy wasps out than build a 35,000 stadium with facilities for diverse revenue streams.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom