Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

procdoc

He'll be good I think. Personally a big fan of 2 up top but Robins does seem to like reverting to that damn box, which he will be a much better option in than what we had last season. Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, O'Hare looks pretty tasty to me... no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We look better with the box formation in my opinion.

slowpoke

I am pretty hopeful about signing Palmer, his stats aren’t as bad as have been made out. Robins and Adi have done enough to earn the trust of the fan base.

The reality is, we’re not going to sign Championship players
Right, so if for a seventh season in a row he replicates what he has done for the last six and scores twice for us this season, you'll be happy?

You can do the whole goals by minute thing if you want, but you are farting around the main point. We already have a number 10 who flatters to deceive in front of goal. We are signing one who has not done that much better, and even though his appearances are less, you have a larger period of time to analyse, so for six years he has performed underwhelmingly. That is what I am getting at here. If you cannot see that, or don't want to, then fine, but stop trying to argue that water isn't wet.
He hasn’t been signed yet.

luwalla

not sure of this has been mentioned already, I thought Gyökeres was a risk, hadn't done it for us or Swansea in terms of goals in 21 season ( 1 in 11 for them & 3 in 19 for us )... next season scores 18 and is being touted as a target for premiership clubs! right player, right club, right time. ( and vivash would seem to be someone who players generally perform for )

Brighton Sky Blue

not sure of this has been mentioned already, I thought Gyökeres was a risk, hadn't done it for us or Swansea in terms of goals in 21 season ( 1 in 11 for them & 3 in 19 for us )... next season scores 18 and is being touted as a target for premiership clubs! right player, right club, right time. ( and vivash would seem to be someone who players generally perform for )
Brighton fans described him as someone they signed 'too early and too late'.

ccfc1234

Football is a funny game for one team a player can look a world beater and another team, distinctly average. A lot comes down how settled/motivated they are and crucially how the style of football the team plays suits their key strengths and attributes.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Palmer career offensive stats (not including last season cos it’s an arseache):

View attachment 24958View attachment 24959

O’Hare for reference:

View attachment 24960View attachment 24961

Allen for reference:

View attachment 24962View attachment 24963
So Palmer is better at retaining the ball than O’hare but does less with it, although O’hare’s stats are going to be higher due to being a key man in our team and Palmer being an impact sub for Brizzle

Tea & Busquets

I am happy with the Palmer acquisition, think he could be a real coup for us. He’s talented and fits our system like a glove, something he never had at Bristol really. Don’t know why some users think we could’ve gotten someone better that is also content with playing 2nd fiddle to O’Hare. I’ve always thought it was outrageous that some users even threw out the possibilities of us signing the likes of John Swift. We are not a huge championship club like Fulham were this past season, let’s be happy were getting cover in at all.

Some of the passes in those reels remind me of Hamer that ability to spot and ping a long ball lovely to see! Hopefully he comes good for us and the management get his feet back on the ground and more importantly on the pitch!

Exactly - although I fear this signing is probably the precursor to Hamer leaving. Given the rumours about Palmer’s wage demands, I doubt we can afford to keep both. Feels like a calculated gamble to me…

Frostie

Palmer career offensive stats (not including last season cos it’s an arseache):

View attachment 24958View attachment 24959

O’Hare for reference:

View attachment 24960View attachment 24961

Allen for reference:

View attachment 24962View attachment 24963

Good work.

Just a word of caution with the way Whoscored works, the per game numbers will skew things when someone plays limited minutes. Per 90mins might give a truer picture but obviously comes with its own limitations for someone like Palmer who hasn't played much of late.

CDK

Palmer if he comes in and helps us climb higher in the league and continues the Chelsea connection in the club then it should work.sign him up followed by JCS.

Sky Blue Harry H

I see that 6'9" Kyle Hudlin is off to Huddersfield from Solihull. Despite his size, I thought he looked very average at Conference level.

CovBrummie94

Guess you’ve seen him play semi regularly? I watched him in the play off final and I would be very, very surprised if he had enough to play in the Championship
I've seen him a couple of times for the Moors and he's been average on every occasion. He's not great in the air despite his height and his play with the ball at his feet didn't stand out.

Clearly Huddersfield see someone who could develop. Maybe him going full time and being around better players will improve him. I'd be surprised if he plays in the Championship at all next season.

For the lad on Twitter to suggest he could be a replacement for Gyokores is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread