Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

He is a free agent from just down the road.

I really hope we haven’t let one go from under our noses.
I will readily admit I have only seen him play once, in the play off final this weekend. Although he scored he didn't look anywhere near the standard we should be looking for. There were a few players who looked quite promising but he certainly wasn't one of them. If he wasn't so tall no one would be interested in him. It's like Usain Bolt. People assumed he could play just because he is so fast. One physical attribute doesn't make a good footballer.

Then again as I say, I haven't seen much of him, and he might after all end up at Manchester City and set the Premier League alight. I don't think so though.

SlowerThanPlatt

I will readily admit I have only seen him play once, in the play off final this weekend. Although he scored he didn't look anywhere near the standard we should be looking for. There were a few players who looked quite promising but he certainly wasn't one of them. If he wasn't so tall no one would be interested in him. It's like Usain Bolt. People assumed he could play just because he is so fast. One physical attribute doesn't make a good footballer.

Then again as I say, I haven't seen much of him, and he might after all end up at Manchester City and set the Premier League alight. I don't think so though.

They took Sobra Thomas from Boreham Wood last summer and he’s been a regular in their side but he was seen as a better talent and more equipped for the FL in non league circles

SlowerThanPlatt

Jordan Rhodes was bought by Blackburn the first season post relegation, Derby bought Jack Marriott from Peterborough who were clearly vying for promotion, QPR bought Conor Washington in their second season of parachute payments, Wilson was bought by Bournemouth who again were clearly revving up for a promotion push that year - and succeeded, Marvin Johnson was bought by Middlesborough in their first season post relegation.

Toney?

SlowerThanPlatt

Could see us going for Gavin Bazunu on loan if Moore did leave

Maybe a bit out of our reach 😮

They’ve been targeting youngsters from the big Premier League clubs for a while now with a clearer pathway, took a few from Chelsea last year and bid for McAtee at Man City

Sky Blue Harry H

That lad that Cardiff had on loan from Man City (Doyle) is a good footballer, and will be better this season for a bit of Championship experience. Someone else in the Championship will take him. Says he is a midfielder, so we probably won't be looking at him, but he's a player I think will turn out to be decent.

long way home

I can see quite a bit of movement next week, im sure MR will want to have a few deals done in both directions before the return of the players on the 30th. The quicker he can evaluate each player and department the easier it will be to find solutions where its needed.

Be interesting to see how J Burroughs, Cashman, Rowe and Bapaga perform or if they get to stick around.

Last edited:

usskyblue

id expect a few ins and outs ts next weeek reasg for stat of t

confused-no.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not that it’s a great indicator but the sun ran a story on Hudlin to Huddersfield - and the general gist of every fan on there was that he wasn’t very good, lot of conference fans saying he was just a big lump

The Philosopher

There is however a logic that we need a plan B. Not saying he is it however!
Not that it’s a great indicator but the sun ran a story on Hudlin to Huddersfield - and the general gist of every fan on there was that he wasn’t very good, lot of conference fans saying he was just a big lump
Yes. He’s 21 and had little top level football development - he’s been studying at Uni (which to me shows some character).

He’s on a free and right in our doorstep.

As for plan B, we can’t even have plan A if Gyok is unavailable. We need not just a plan B but a C D E and F-in F.

I still maintain that the option of a “big lump” on the bench in a scenario F where we have Hamer on the pitch and the opposition don’t have big lump defenders is something to consider. It gives us options.

Now, it seems the Huddersfield manager has some similar thought and to me he’s no mug.

Other posters on here clearly “know” better.

21 year old free transfer under our noses. Stick him in under 23’s.

Grendel

Fucking hell. 🤣🤣

The funniest thing about him was he once was interviewed by CWR complaining how long it took for the council to answer the phone so one day he took two buses to the council house while still on hold walked into the offices and handed his phone to someone on reception asking if they’d answer his phone as he’d been on hold for 2 hours

mr_monkey

Yes. He’s 21 and had little top level football development - he’s been studying at Uni (which to me shows some character).

As for plan B, we can’t even have plan A if Gyok is unavailable. We need not just a plan B but a C D E and F-in F.

I still maintain that the option of a “big lump” on the bench in a scenario F where we have Hamer on the pitch and the opposition don’t have big lump defenders is something to consider. It gives us options.

Now, it seems the Huddersfield manager has some similar thought and to me he’s no mug.

I've seen him play quite a few times over the last couple of seasons and he is nowhere near our level even at u23, can't jump, can't control a ball etc... If he ends up at a championship club his agent deserves a medal (and tbf it's probably them planting the stories about man city and huddlesfield interest)

Tomh111

I completely disagree.

We have had success playing a brand of football, every signing we make is around this brand and we should continue to do that.

Does Pep, Klopp or indeed any other successful manager have a plan B of lump the ball forward?

No they continue to stick to the plan that has achieved success, they might Tweak it or alter roles but the bones of the strategy remain the same.

We scored so many late goals by persisting with our style of football, why do we need to start long balls?

Its just a backwards step and an outdated view of football.

David O'Day

He's clearly not good enough

Huddersfield operate a different system to us. They have no academy but a B Team (like Brentford) so they will fill that squad with players who are not good enough for this level.

He's a not very mobile big bloke who can't really jump.

Grendel

It’s pretty rare for non league players to be signed by championship clubs these days isn’t it?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our problem has been not breaking teams down, and killing teams off, very much like our first league one season back. We play the majority of our football on the ground.

the system may well work for Huddersfield but our team is built on all of our players having technical ability. Someone who can’t control the ball wouldn’t suit our team nor would he suit a plan f.

he may prove me wrong, but if we get into a bidding war it could end up being pricey

Users who are viewing this thread