Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Have to say I'm not a fan of loans with conditions someone plays - seems counterintuitive not only in terms of the player themselves if they lose form, but also if aspiring youngsters find their path blocked no matter how well they do.

Unless, of course, we can get Ronaldo on loan...

SBT

I think having one mentalist as our second choice AM in a team that regularly plays two AMs is a gamble yes.

I think with Bright we basically realised going into the season that we had enough in the kitty to bring him in, and on the off chance that it worked we may as well bring him in rather than have no-one at all. Still don’t know why we gave him a two year deal though.

shmmeee

I think with Bright we basically realised going into the season that we had enough in the kitty to bring him in, and on the off chance that it worked we may as well bring him in rather than have no-one at all. Still don’t know why we gave him a two year deal though.

I think we gambled that one of him and Jones would work out as we couldn’t afford a proper option. We were lucky that Allen responded as he did or we’d have been screwed.

Reactions: SBT

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He explained: “I have got a new contract but I want to negotiate a new contract because I think I deserve to be like everyone else. Fair enough I may be 35 but I feel like I deserve to negotiate a contract, if you know what I mean, because when the club was struggling I didn’t take a pay cut, so I only want what everyone else has.

“Everyone else has been rewarded with contracts so it would be nice for me to as well. I feel like I deserve to and if they feel like I don’t, I don’t know. I will just see how it stands.”
Am I reading this right, because I don't get the logic.

I didn't accept less money when the club was struggling, so I deserve more now?

If the extension means he's on less money than a lot of the others, even though he is a leader on the pitch, while I understand his frustration if the options are to use up even more of our wage budget on him staying or paying a higher wage for someone established but younger, I'm afraid I'd have to go for letting him leave and bringing someone new in. It's the kind of deal that smacks of us increasing the wages and then we find out the legs have gone.

Even though I'm getting the impression that even if we don't offer him improved terms he's still contracted to us anyway, but if he'd be unhappy and his agent could negotiate him a higher wage elsewhere, I would begrudgingly allow him to leave on a free so we can reallocate the wages.

shmmeee

Good age with potential that needs tapping into in a position we need more players in .

Nice

I might have missed it , is he fast ?

Seems to be. I only know what I’ve read the lat couple of days. Nutshell seems to be: got clear quality, switches off out of possession, can beat a man and at his happiest threading ridiculous through balls to a striker making runs off the last man. But equally has never nailed down a place at several Championship clubs.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

The striker could be Reda Khadra, I know he is a winger but has mainly played the SS role for Blackburn this season, on loan from Brighton, formally of Borussia Dortmund, probably not very likely though, he is very quick and tricky though

Users who are viewing this thread