Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I've seen him a couple of times for the Moors and he's been average on every occasion. He's not great in the air despite his height and his play with the ball at his feet didn't stand out.

Clearly Huddersfield see someone who could develop. Maybe him going full time and being around better players will improve him. I'd be surprised if he plays in the Championship at all next season.

For the lad on Twitter to suggest he could be a replacement for Gyokores is crazy.

The new Kevin Francis.

Great_Expectations

Pretty happy with Palmer to be honest.

I understand some of the cynicism based on his lack of game time, and apparent lack of contribution in that time.

But, he clearly has talent and the ability to change a game - something we rely on COH and occasionally Hamer (when he feels like it) for. So another game changer is a positive.

Working with AV again hopefully mitigates the concerns around bad attitude etc, and conversely helps get the best out of him. I know one or two who have worked with Pearson and they haven’t enjoyed it. We know how important the mental side of the game is and how it impacts performance.

If he can reach the potential he has, we could well have a coup.

Esoterica

If Palmer was being signed as the replacement for O'Hare I'd understand the concern as O'Hare's attributes are important to the style of play we have. But if they're playing together I think that's pretty exciting and a huge upgrade on what we had as back up for O'Hare last year. O'Hare can be the one winning the ball back like he does so well and then carrying us up the pitch and this lad can do all the decisive stuff in the final 3rd. Think the 2 of them in the box will compliment each other very well and take the creative burden off O'Hare.

jordan210

I agree with most of you on here. He could be a very good signing if we can unlock his potential.

He looks pretty speedy and loves a flair pass. Yes they don't always come off. But when they do they look dangerous.

We need to make sure we have a striker who can get on to the balls he plays. If we sell Big vik we need to find someone else who is strong with pace. Otherwise no point having a player who can plays balls behind the defender.

SBT

I see that 6'9" Kyle Hudlin is off to Huddersfield from Solihull. Despite his size, I thought he looked very average at Conference level.

His agent is frankly a genius at planting stories. I wonder if this imminent Huddersfield move will go the same way as the ‘interest’ from Man City a few years ago.

Sbarcher

His agent is frankly a genius at planting stories. I wonder if this imminent Huddersfield move will go the same way as the ‘interest’ from Man City a few years ago.
Pretty risk free gamble for Huddersfield. No doubt a pretty cheap buy and if it works then great, if not quietly drop back down the divisions.

shmmeee

Fucking everyone is linked to Twine. Seen Forest, WBA, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, basically any top half Championship club.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Who are they?

Jordan Rhodes was bought by Blackburn the first season post relegation, Derby bought Jack Marriott from Peterborough who were clearly vying for promotion, QPR bought Conor Washington in their second season of parachute payments, Wilson was bought by Bournemouth who again were clearly revving up for a promotion push that year - and succeeded, Marvin Johnson was bought by Middlesborough in their first season post relegation.

Legia Sky Blue

Why? He's never played in the championship

I watched the MK/ Plymouth match at the end of the season. I don't think in all our time in that league did I see an individual performance as impressive as his that day. He can pass, shoot, defend and work like a trojan. Granted it was only one game but his goal record last season from midfield would suggest that I didn't just catch him on a good day. I cannot believe such performances have not been noticed higher up the ladder (even in the PL). I bet if you go on any Championship forum there will be fans mentioning him as a possible signing. I would love us to sign him but I expect him to join someone like Norwich, West Brom or Sheffield United unfortunately.

fernandopartridge

Jordan Rhodes was bought by Blackburn the first season post relegation, Derby bought Jack Marriott from Peterborough who were clearly vying for promotion, QPR bought Conor Washington in their second season of parachute payments, Wilson was bought by Bournemouth who again were clearly revving up for a promotion push that year - and succeeded, Marvin Johnson was bought by Middlesborough in their first season post relegation.

Yeah with a track record like that you can see why it's bound to happen again

Skyblue_CP

It’s comical how quickly people write a player off before they’ve even signed, let alone pulled a shirt on for us! I’m not sure what sort of club people think we are when it comes to signing players. Forget about signing statistically accomplished players in this division it’s not going to happen. We have to take calculated risks on players. (See Vik, O’Hare, Hamer, Sheaf and JCS) none of these were pulling in outstanding stats previously. Kasey Palmer is clearly a talented footballer with an excellent pedigree that in the right environment and system could prove to be another outstanding signing. We would have been scrambling for his signature on here 2 years ago. Give him a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread