Transfer Shouts (7 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Blackburn side reporting it to be £1.5m so sadly that makes sense

How do we know how much is needed ?

ST sales up front, we've only missed a couple of matches, which we'll soon have caught up on. Not sure why we should be so hamstrung all of a sudden, unless SISU are either dumb / skint or both. Makes little sense strategy wise.

mark82

“I think it’s frustrating when you’ve worked for five-and-a-half years on something you’re trying to rebuild - and it has been building brilliantly- then things start to slow down a little bit in terms of what we can do,” the manager shared in his press conference.

“I said before, we hit the ceiling last year in terms of what we can do and now we have to reassess and keep trying to move forward but in a way where you’re moving back a little bit to start with.

😬

Doesn't sound like someone who is happy with the situation.

mark82

Right - I've had enough of this downbeat sh*te people are posting. Let's have a few upbeat posts.

I'll start with: I intend to lose my voice bellowing at the game tomorrow and travelling back with a result in the bag.

Also ...my lad got 11 Grade 9 GCSEs and 1 x Grade 8 (for which I've chained him to his bed to think about letting himself down). If he becomes a billionaire rock star (he's into his music), I'll force him to buy the CBS, if our owners are still in situ.

Can you convert that into old money please. No idea whether to congratulate you or laugh.

Grendel

How do we know how much is needed ?

ST sales up front, we've only missed a couple of matches, which we'll soon have caught up on. Not sure why we should be so hamstrung all of a sudden, unless SISU are either dumb / skint or both. Makes little sense strategy wise.

Weve missed 3 and there’s no st revenue until we play and we are losing money on top of that - Sisu haven’t put a penny in for 10 years

Finham

This is all starting to feel too familiar. Just don't really understand the end game with Sisu again. If Gyökeres goes we are deep in the shit. I agree with lots of posters this summers recruitment has been very suspect. Echoes of the Andy Thorn summer and 2nd Mowbray summer.
I might have to take the blame for that-I just started my first Football Manager career in years at Aberystwyth only to find that my captain is none other than Jake Thorn, son of you-know-who. "A tough-tackling central midfielder" according to the Aber website. What a bloody dark omen!

Skyblue_CP

“I think it’s frustrating when you’ve worked for five-and-a-half years on something you’re trying to rebuild - and it has been building brilliantly- then things start to slow down a little bit in terms of what we can do,” the manager shared in his press conference.

“I said before, we hit the ceiling last year in terms of what we can do and now we have to reassess and keep trying to move forward but in a way where you’re moving back a little bit to start with.

😬
Basically “Sorry all, I’ve had the rug pulled from under me”

Grendel

Not sure Hyam sale will plug ongoing cash flow concerns , so still expect more stories to come out in the next week

what you mean we aren’t signing a replacement?

rexo87

I can't really understand selling Dom for 1.5m and then looking at selling Vik for what would be at the very least upwards of 8m. Surely just sell Vik and keep a player who has been with us for 5 years and never let us down. Not sure 1.5m makes a huge amount of difference when you've got a much bigger sum coming your way

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grendel

I can't really understand selling Dom for 1.5m and then looking at selling Vik for what would be at the very least upwards of 8m. Surely just sell Vik and keep a player who has been with us for 5 years and never let us down. Not sure 1.5m makes a huge amount of difference when you've got a much bigger sum coming your way

I don’t think Gyokeres or hamer are meeting our inflated valuations

rexo87

I don’t think Gyokeres or hamer are meeting our inflated valuations
Agreed but I'm sure Vik would still go for a hefty amount, just not upwards of 15m which it sounds like we were looking for. Hamer definitely wouldn't go for any more than 5m

mark82

'3 million for Hyam'
'No, he isn't for sale'

2 months later...

'2.5 million for Hyam'
'I tell you what, we'll do it for 1.5'

Reminds me of those shopping channels where everything is a grand but 15 minutes later they come down to a whopping £11.99.

Don't believe everything you read. Higher previous bids are pure speculation.

Sky Blue Harry H

Weve missed 3 and there’s no st revenue until we play and we are losing money on top of that - Sisu haven’t put a penny in for 10 years

Why is there no ST revenue until we play? Pretty sure they had my money a while ago ? Apologies - just realised it's 3 (Rotherham, Wigan and Huddersfield)

Grendel

Why is there no ST revenue until we play? Pretty sure they had my money a while ago ? Apologies - just realised it's 3 (Rotherham, Wigan and Huddersfield)

The ticket master contract holds the money and releases when the game is played it seems

procdoc

For all his merits, utilisation of budget has been one of Robin's faults during his time here.

The club has one of the more modest budgets in the league and really when you look at the contracts offered to both existing and new players, certainly over the past 3 years, it's managed poorly at times.
It’s that bad he secured two promotions, survival in the championship and then improved on that the next season, all on a tight budget

NorthernWisdom

It’s that bad he secured two promotions, survival in the championship and then improved on that the next season, all on a tight budget
I get the point though. I don't agree with all the players some have lumped in, but it's the need to service Waghorn and Kane's wages that also hasten Hyam being sold, when otherwise we might have had a bit of wriggle room.

Sky Blue Harry H

I get the point though. I don't agree with all the players some have lumped in, but it's the need to service Waghorn and Kane's wages that also hasten Hyam being sold, when otherwise we might have had a bit of wriggle room.

I agree to an extent, but there aren't many (any?) clubs that get all signings right.

Great_Expectations

😬

We all know this forum is overly emotional which can translate into pessimism. I usually ignore it.

This quote from our Manager however, does have me worrying about what’s to come.

Hyam is a bad one to lose, Gyokeres is season changing.

Skybluedownunder

We just need to survive this season as we have a lot of players out of contract in the summer so will clear out all the deadwood. If we can get a buyer in the meantime knowing they can bring in whoever they want and not worry about inheriting a team full of turd that would be delightful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec-ccfc

There is no way they would sell vik this late on, it would be PR suicide. MR is just venting as he would have liked to strengthen more.

if the owners can’t put their hands in their pockets to keep our squad together at the very least. Well the last 3 years of good feeling has been stamped all over.

Terry_dactyl

There is no way they would sell vik this late on, it would be PR suicide. MR is just venting as he would have liked to strengthen more.

if the owners can’t put their hands in their pockets to keep our squad together at the very least. Well the last 3 years of good feeling has been stamped all over.
PR suicide? I had no idea our owners were cats.

Users who are viewing this thread