Transfer Shouts (10 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Asked about the prospect of any new signings before Sunday’s Championship opener at Sunderland, Robins admitted: “I doubt that very much. I think at the moment it is what it is until one or two players move on, so we just have to have a look at that because one or two have to move on and then I can possibly have another look.”

Todd Kane is one obvious candidate to move on, with the manager revealing after last week’s pre-season match at Portsmouth that the right wing-back doesn’t figure in his plans. Asked if there have been any developments regarding the 28-year-old’s situation and finding another club, Robins added: “There’s nothing to report on that front at the moment with that one but we will wait and see. But these lads that are going to be around it but not necessarily taking part are going to have to find themselves something, so let’s see.

P-U-S-B

So sounds like Kane and one of Waghorn or Walker have got to go.
If you had to lose one, which one would you keep? Waghorn or Walker?

For me; keep Tyler. He is younger and has more to prove. If he can win the fans over, I think he could give us a few goals this year. Just needs a bit of confidence and the goals will come.

Regardless of who is on the pitch, as long as they are putting the effort in, we have to get behind them.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

For me; keep Tyler. He is younger and has more to prove. If he can win the fans over, I think he could give us a few goals this year. Just needs a bit of confidence and the goals will come.

Regardless of who is on the pitch, as long as they are putting the effort in, we have to get behind them.

Waghorn - Bags of experience, and looked decent before his injuries and Covid issues last season. Can slot in behind the main striker.

Walker is just not good enough. Forest obviously felt the same, letting him go 2 years ago. The lad can finish no doubt but not enough else in his game.

Hertsccfc

I agree. Walker has the potential to make it in the Championship. He's a good finisher but needs to develop other areas of his game in order to make the step up. I don't see what Waghorn brings to this squad.

Nick

Administrator
There’s nothing to report on that front at the moment with that one but we will wait and see. But these lads that are going to be around it but not necessarily taking part are going to have to find themselves something, so let’s see.

Thing is, if Kane and Walker are on a decent wedge but find themselves bombed out. Why is it about themselves finding something?

Surely if we want them gone then we should be actively trying to get them fucked off rather than relying on them to do it?

Frostie

Thing is, if Kane and Walker are on a decent wedge but find themselves bombed out. Why is it about themselves finding something?

Surely if we want them gone then we should be actively trying to get them fucked off rather than relying on them to do it?

Short of circulating their names & telling clubs of their availability what more can they realistically do?

Nick

Administrator
Short of circulating their names & telling clubs of their availability what more can they realistically do?

If say Oxford wanted Kane (which was rumoured) then why is he going to bust a gut to go to them and get potentially get paid less?

Deity

It will be evident from who’s not on the subs bench on Sunday
I”m guessing the reality is if any club make an acceptable offer for Walker or Waggy they are off. Robins might not have a luxury of deciding which one he keeps if he wants to bring more players in

steve cooper

The problem with Walker, he was considered a top L1 player in the past, now after his loan at Portsmouth it will mostly be a lower L1 or L2 club if any and I doubt any of those clubs can get anywhere near what he's earning now

Users who are viewing this thread