Transfer Shouts (3 Viewers)

Samo

If the midfield stayed as it is now, I'd be happy with Howley and Eccles playing more of a part next season.

I wouldn't. We need more depth to be consistent across a season, the kids will not be enough.

Sick Boy

Im still looking forward to this season, at the moment we more or less have the same team, with JCS and Maatsen gone, but they will definitely be replaced, if we sell Hamer we have Eccles, Kelly or Allen who can play there, yes they aren’t to his level but they are to the championship level.
If we’re relying on Kelly or Allen to replace him we’re going to be in trouble. Neither of them are consistent enough to be considered Championship-quality.

SlowerThanPlatt

I started a random Clive Platt to Leicester rumour on twitter one deadline day. Stuart Linell ran with is as if he had some inside information. The Telegraph even interviewed Platt about it :ROFLMAO:

This was a good one

KenilworthSkyBlue

If the midfield stayed as it is now, I'd be happy with Howley and Eccles playing more of a part next season.

This is stockholm syndrome at its finest. If we're relying on a massively inexperienced Howley and Eccles who seemingly regularly misses significant chucks of the season through injury, then we're on course for a very difficult season.

Winny the Bish

I started a random Clive Platt to Leicester rumour on twitter one deadline day. Stuart Linell ran with is as if he had some inside information. The Telegraph even interviewed Platt about it :ROFLMAO:
I used inspect element to change a headline on the CCFC website making it look like they accidentally announced the signing of Scott Wootton, ex-Man Utd CB, and posted a screenshot on Twitter.

The Telegraph wrote a story on it immediately - Rumour: Former Leeds United defender set to join Sky Blues?

Skyblue_CP

I

This is stockholm syndrome at its finest. If we're relying on a massively inexperienced Howley and Eccles who seemingly regularly misses significant chucks of the season through injury, then we're on course for a very difficult season.
Exactly, we need to invest and bring in quality players if we sell. Someone earlier on said about Dinanga coming in to replace a sale of O’Hare next season, insanity.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Im still looking forward to this season, at the moment we more or less have the same team, with JCS and Maatsen gone, but they will definitely be replaced, if we sell Hamer we have Eccles, Kelly or Allen who can play there, yes they aren’t to his level but they are to the championship level.

This is the same mentality as a section of the fanbase had in the summer of the 11/12 season and it's quite worrying.

mr_monkey

Get almost frowned upon for having serious concerns about our transfer activity this summer

Tbf it's only the 23rd June, if we have the same squad and have lost players by the end of August then we will all be rightly concerned.... Before then it's all rumour and hearsay (which is half of the fun of the windows :) )

Matt smith

Tbf it's only the 23rd June, if we have the same squad and have lost players by the end of August then we will all be rightly concerned.... Before then it's all rumour and hearsay (which is half of the fun of the windows :) )
Agree with this

couple signings and the mood will be lifted

really think this Doyle on loan would suit our team

KenilworthSkyBlue

It's not really all rumour and hearsay though.

EFL loan looming, outstanding loan/interest payments to SISU, bonus payments to players and staff, Ryton pitches, previous transfer instalments to pay, overheads to cover. Then factoring in a number of players on significant contracts that either we're going to be stuck with, or have to shoulder a bulk of their salary whilst they're out on loan.

It's quite clear there's very little room to manoeuvre in the window even with a sale. That's been said repeatedly for months.

mr_monkey

It's not really all rumour and hearsay though.

EFL loan looming, outstanding loan/interest payments to SISU, bonus payments to players and staff, Ryton pitches, previous transfer instalments to pay, overheads to cover. Then factoring in a number of players on significant contracts that either we're going to be stuck with, or have to shoulder a bulk of their salary whilst they're out on loan.

It's quite clear there's very little room to manoeuvre in the window even with a sale. That's been said repeatedly for months.

But you can't judge that now that's my point.... end of the window absolutely but to piss the bed not even before the end of June is a new record for this place

KenilworthSkyBlue

But you can't judge that now that's my point.... end of the window absolutely but to piss the bed not even before the end of June is a new record for this place

No you can't, but you can assess the current situation we're in and come to a fairly sensible conclusion that it's not particularly positive. I'm sure there will be some more incomings but based on the above it's quite clear Robins is going to have a very difficult summer - likely far more so than in previous windows.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The most reliable ITK around these parts is not exuding positivity, it's fair to say.
Hasn’t he intimated that we’re signing around 4 players? Then likely to be active in January?

it’s hardly the season we signed Murphy and Dunn after losing Gunarsson, King, Turner and Westwood, before signing McDonald on deadline day

KenilworthSkyBlue

Hasn’t he intimated that we’re signing around 4 players? Then likely to be active in January?

it’s hardly the season we signed Murphy and Dunn after losing Gunarsson, King, Turner and Westwood, before signing McDonald on deadline day

No one is saying it's going to be as bad as that.

Also, as per usual I'd imagine the club will only be active in January if they're successful in moving players on.

Saddlebrains

I think that would be perfect. We’d be the same as last year having replaced jones and Shipley with palmer. I worry that by letting Walker, Waghorn and Kane go we would have to replace them. Same for Hamer. It’s not freeing up funds to boost the squad elsewhere.

On this

Kane going we would just use Eccles as back up to Dabo which im sure were happy with

If we can then get waghorn + walker out and replace with 1 striker of decent calibre thats fine

Then we need to ensure we get the CB and LWB position covered, which I'm sure we will with a couple of loans

This only works of course if we are to keep Gyok and Gus

KenilworthSkyBlue

On this

Kane going we would just use Eccles as back up to Dabo which im sure were happy with

If we can then get waghorn + walker out and replace with 1 striker of decent calibre thats fine

Then we need to ensure we get the CB and LWB position covered, which I'm sure we will with a couple of loans

This only works of course if we are to keep Gyok and Gus

I'd imagine Robins will want any incoming wingback to be able to play both LWB and RWB.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

=

Sheaf, Walker and Ostigard also signed on that summer. And McCallum but he was obviously at the club the season before.
All after the start of the season. The guy is hitting the panic button 4 days into the pre-season.

We added them players to a side that wasn’t ready for this league, we have a core now that could look like this

Moore,Dabo,Rose, Hyam, McFadzean, Bidwell, Sheaf, Hamer, O’Hare, Palmer, Gyokeres.

we have options in that we have Godden that can make that a 2 man strike force. We don’t need wholesale transfers, maybe need a couple of squad players.

Are we likely to lose one of them? Yes - but as of yet there’s been no bids. We need a Left wing back maybe and a centre back.

if Hamer or Gyokeres goes - I’m sure the club has a plan.

Sky Blue Pete

The most reliable ITK around these parts is not exuding positivity, it's fair to say.
True.

A lot is dependent on a sale and what amount that is and what that then makes possible. Would everyone be happy with palmer and 2 loans lwb and cb if we kept hold of Hamer yok and Ohare?
Such a shame these are the decisions we have to make. I’m sure robins and adi aren’t moaning and making the best of what they have

Matt smith

True.

A lot is dependent on a sale and what amount that is and what that then makes possible. Would everyone be happy with palmer and 2 loans lwb and cb if we kept hold of Hamer yok and Ohare?
Such a shame these are the decisions we have to make. I’m sure robins and adi aren’t moaning and making the best of what they have
Yeah I would be

but they won’t

they’ll sell and probably try and skimp and not replace

as much as this team has been great to watch, sell a couple of key cogs and not replace and we could v easily be in a scrap down the bottom

Skyblue_CP

True.

I’m sure the majority would be overjoyed by this.

Users who are viewing this thread