Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Hasn’t Stokes been linked with Mansfield ? and weren’t we linked with the Notts County left back ?

I hope not, the Notts County left back apart from his good cross got torn apart in the game at their place.

Nick

Administrator
I've never heard of us agree terms with a player BEFORE his trial, seems a bit random if that's been done.

Surely you have him on trial and then base the offer on that?

SkyBlueCRJ

It's bizarre. To be honest I think something has been lost in translation because why would you bring someone on trial if terms have already been agreed. That contradicts the literal definition of a trial. If terms have been agreed he's signed, pretty much. It's likely whoever has reported it hasn't got a clue.

cooperskyblue

It's bizarre. To be honest I think something has been lost in translation because why would you bring someone on trial if terms have already been agreed. That contradicts the literal definition of a trial. If terms have been agreed he's signed, pretty much. It's likely whoever has reported it hasn't got a clue.

How I took it from Robins the other evening was that whoever this left back is has agreed terms, nothing officially signed but terms are technically agreed and he is training so Robins can double check he really likes him before getting a contract officially signed. Robins definitely said terms have been agreed so I imagine an offer is there so long as Robins is happy with him.

SkyBlueCRJ

How I took it from Robins the other evening was that whoever this left back is has agreed terms, nothing officially signed but terms are technically agreed and he is training so Robins can double check he really likes him before getting a contract officially signed. Robins definitely said terms have been agreed so I imagine an offer is there so long as Robins is happy with him.

So effectively, the terms have been agreed, the contract is there and if he performs then he can sign on the dotted line. Slightly unorthodox way of doing things but like you said, maybe it's merely Robins just being cautious as you can only spend a pound once.

Reactions: vow

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User

im guessing full contract terms agreed pending his pre season trial so im guessing he will feature in most if not nearly all pre season games minimum 45 mins a game.

Sky Blue Harry H

So effectively, the terms have been agreed, the contract is there and if he performs then he can sign on the dotted line. Slightly unorthodox way of doing things but like you said, maybe it's merely Robins just being cautious as you can only spend a pound once.
not on SBT bookies - you can go on forever!

MatthewWallis

I think it’s probably more a case of waiting for Stokes to go and then sign, as he wouldn’t want to be left with 3 left backs

CovisGod

Cov are interested in Wolves striker Donovan Wilson according to one of the rumour sites

Same site claiming Vicenti and Beavon have been transfer listed

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Obviously, if we could get a very good striker - great, but it would mean we would need to lose one too, and I'm not sure who I would like to lose most. If I'm honest it would probably be JCH (which is unlikely as we've just signed him). Still feel Ponticelli is the next potential ''goal machine' after McNulty.

Malaka

Obviously, if we could get a very good striker - great, but it would mean we would need to lose one too, and I'm not sure who I would like to lose most. If I'm honest it would probably be JCH (which is unlikely as we've just signed him). Still feel Ponticelli is the next potential ''goal machine' after McNulty.
I dunno about that. I quite like JCH and think he has great potential.

Mucca Mad Boys

This season Ponticelli needs to be able to flourish at U23 level, or loaned out. Even if he bangs in goals at Nuneaton or Solihull, it’ll give him the experience and confidence needed to make an impact in L1. One attribute JP has is his finishing, strikers who have that natural ability to score goals can work their way up the football pyramid very quickly.

Since we’re in the market for a striker, that leaves McNulty, Biamou, JCH and another, so JP’s first team chances will be limited. Unlike Bayliss and Shipley, he’s still new to the academy setup so he’s probably still one of the rawer talents we have.

From what Robins has said, we don’t have to sell any of our players, and the interest in McNulty is having no impact on the strikers we’re looking at. If the goal is genuinely promotion from L1, we need a lot more depth than last season, and better quality too. At the minute, striker is the only department we haven’t added too. Looking at why we already have, JCH is arguably the most ‘accomplished’ there, but he needs to improve his goal output. McNulty’s record in L1 isn’t great, but I’m confident he’ll score at least 10-15+ goals. Biamou is who I’m most unsure of. Scored some incredible goals, but will he have that space in L1? He has to add more to his game also.

If this Donovan Mitchell rumour is true, I’ll be a bit annoyed, who needs a loanee who’s 21, played about 10 professional games and scored about 1 goal? To me, it’s not exactly a signing that would make the league take our rhetoric of aiming for promotion very seriously. I’d welcome him nonetheless.

stevefloyd

We had that big centre back on trial last pre season so Robins could take a look at him in match situations so I think its a great idea to say to any potential player..the carrots there go and take it !!

Manchester_sky_blue

I'd sooner have Nazon back on a season long loan. Can't imagine he's going to get much game time at Wolves and we are a division higher now. Seems like he enjoyed himself while he was here and we have seen what he can do.

covcity4life

ah thats a shame. best of luck duckens,thanks for the goals(and assists hehehe) that played part in promotion and cup run

Users who are viewing this thread