Transfer rumours (isn't it nice to talk about football!) (1 Viewer)

better days

Might it have something to do with Mason? Promised a perm/loan move away if not would fight for his place, didn’t materialise wasn’t best pleased and the club panicked and found out who was available via Wolves a club we’ve had loan relations with in the past?
I believe that Hiwula and Mason were offered the chance for a loan to a L2 side on deadline day but both declined it
Chris Badlan had been at Wolves working with young players prior to his move to Norwich before joining us
Perhaps we brought Giles in with the expectation that Jordy and Brandon were going

Liquid Gold

I believe that Hiwula and Mason were offered the chance for a loan to a L2 side on deadline day but both declined it
Chris Badlan had been at Wolves working with young players prior to his move to Norwich before joining us
Perhaps we brought Giles in with the expectation that Jordy and Brandon were going
I don't get why either would turn down those moved. Jordy was 4th choice by a distance, Mason less so but maybe he wasn't expecting the Giles move.

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh alright. What’s the feeling about Mason’s future, is he out of favour purely down to ability or is there more to it? The 2 lads above him in the pecking order won’t be here next season but seems unlikely he’s going to go from third choice in League 1 to first choice in the Championship?

Terry Gibson's perm

Lincoln have released 11 today including the big bearded centre back Bostwick

shmmeee

Or is Giles another player who has been bigged up every opportunity by cet as this pacey wing back with prem potential who will excite, getting the fans (me included included) thinking he's gonna be a superstar and the reality is, like better days is, it's not the case.

Allisani still suffers from that. Cet bigged him up as the new Wilfred Zaha and even now fans say on here give him a chance

This has to be the most batshit CET theory I’ve seen on here. And that takes some doing.

better days

Oh alright. What’s the feeling about Mason’s future, is he out of favour purely down to ability or is there more to it? The 2 lads above him in the pecking order won’t be here next season but seems unlikely he’s going to go from third choice in League 1 to first choice in the Championship?
Not really sure
Mason wasn't particularly out of favour but McCullum had been doing so well in training he was given a chance and grabbed it
I guess the thinking behind offering the two lads a L2 loan was to give them game time

larry_david

This has to be the most batshit CET theory I’ve seen on here. And that takes some doing.
How's that batshit? They did about 5 fucking articles on 'exciting Giles' waiting in tthe wings to explode on the scene. Never did though did he.

Remember they described Bouwe Bosma as a Paul Pogba type box to box midfielder!?

Magwitch

How's that batshit? They did about 5 fucking articles on 'exciting Giles' waiting in tthe wings to explode on the scene. Never did though did he.

Remember they described Bouwe Bosma as a Paul Pogba type box to box midfielder!?
He’s still here too

robbiekeane

As much as I like the lad, McNulty only started scoring when JJ was injured. As good as he is, his decision making is poor. We are a better team without him. I would get rid
He started soring when JJ was injured because it forced Robins to play 4-4-2 and put Biamou up front with McNulty.

shmmeee

They just report what people say. There’s not many people lining up to slate new signings. To make out they hype up players on purpose is ridiculous.

larry_david

They just report what people say. There’s not many people lining up to slate new signings. To make out they hype up players on purpose is ridiculous.
Course they do. How else do they get people clicking on their pile of shit website. 'Ryan Giles signed as cover for McCallum' or 'explosive prem player waiting to unleash deadly left foot on league 1'

I know which I'm clicking on and then of course, everyone thinks this kid must be dynamite when as better days the insider has just said, our squad thought he was bang average and he won't be signed up to the surprise of most people on this thread!

Corrado

O'Hare rejects second villa offer and is set to leave them in the summer. You know it is happening!

SlowerThanPlatt

O'Hare rejects second villa offer and is set to leave them in the summer. You know it is happening!

Don’t blame him. Probably only offering him a year like they did before without any assurances of getting a chance in the first team, at his age he needs to be playing first team somewhere

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

It seems like a perfect match. He knows the manager trusts him, uses him well, we won’t stand in the way of a big move for him and he won’t even have to move house.

I bet Villa were offering more in wages than us too so it must be about him playing football.

I have no idea what comp fees come out as at the moment but we might try and work something with Villa that suits both parties like we did with Leicester and George Thomas. £500k and 15% sell on I reckon will do it.

shepardo01

We have to remember that most clubs in the championship could offer him more than we could.
Even some clubs in Lg1, where you could say he is now a proven player, could at least match what we could offer in the Championship.
Earlier poster mentioned Birmingham, he is a Blues fan and they more than anybody would have seen his performances this year....
Let's not get our hopes up just yet!

cc84cov

We have to remember that most clubs in the championship could offer him more than we could.
Even some clubs in Lg1, where you could say he is now a proven player, could at least match what we could offer in the Championship.
Earlier poster mentioned Birmingham, he is a Blues fan and they more than anybody would have seen his performances this year....
He’s not a blues fan at all

Liquid Gold

He could get more wages and sit in a Championship squad at Villa though so I don't think it's a finance issue. I think it's about game time and he know he has a virtual guarantee fo that here.

Sky Blue Pete

Any league 1 team would grab him not all championship teams would be willing to take the risk on an unproven player. Probably all of the promoted teams and many who finish bottom half will take the risk based on his performances. For me it’s the attitude that speaks more loudly than his abilities

Sky Blue Pete

It seems like a perfect match. He knows the manager trusts him, uses him well, we won’t stand in the way of a big move for him and he won’t even have to move house.

I bet Villa were offering more in wages than us too so it must be about him playing football.

I have no idea what comp fees come out as at the moment but we might try and work something with Villa that suits both parties like we did with Leicester and George Thomas. £500k and 15% sell on I reckon will do it.
Certainly wasn’t a regular starter but he gave everything whenever he came on

Users who are viewing this thread