Transfer rumours (isn't it nice to talk about football!) (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure I'd want to buy Collins. If he were on a free maybe as he'd be competition for Godden and replace Hiwula but I think we'd need better if we wanted to compete.

SkyBlueDom26

Collins and McNulty. Our fans are looking at players we were signing/being linked with before we kicked off in League Two.

Thank god we have Robins, Viveash and Badlan working on it.
So you wouldn’t have Collins then? Someone who is proven in all the efl leagues.... agree with mcnulty though but maybe he’s worth a shot who knows

larry_david

We'll sign some future superstar from Chelsea who's been out on loan to a europa league team. Walsh and o hare on season long loans and a super left back who no one's ever heard of, says is shit after 2 games but by Jan he's our player of the month.

Damn I'm excited for the championship if we get there

Liquid Gold

So you wouldn’t have Collins then? Someone who is proven in all the efl leagues.... agree with mcnulty though but maybe he’s worth a shot who knows
No I wouldn't, he doesn't fit into the model at all of players who are young, hungry and can develop into the next level. Fair play to him for scoring 11 goals, it's more than I thought capable of for them at that level but he's played practically every minute of every game and still only has a 1 in 4 record. He'd demand a wedge and we'd have no resale value on him.

JimmyHillsbeard

No I wouldn't, he doesn't fit into the model at all of players who are young, hungry and can develop into the next level. Fair play to him for scoring 11 goals, it's more than I thought capable of for them at that level but he's played practically every minute of every game and still only has a 1 in 4 record. He'd demand a wedge and we'd have no resale value on him.

and he’s used us twice as leverage to get moves elsewhere. On either occasion he might have been our big star but he chose Swindon and Luton over us. Fair enough but we’ve moved on too now.

junglej13

and he’s used us twice as leverage to get moves elsewhere. On either occasion he might have been our big star but he chose Swindon and Luton over us. Fair enough but we’ve moved on too now.
In his defence I think we were under an embargo first time round and second time didn't mean the selling clubs valuation.

superskyblue

That he has stayed given our circumstances tells me he is on quite a good wedge for a L1 manager

I'd say he seems to be getting what he wants from Sisu to be fair. I can't see any holes in the squads he's had in his second spell here that he hasn't been able to sign somebody to cover.

larry_david

Joking aside I'd wager we go nowhere near him.

What do we think to butterworth? Strikes me as a bang average player who doesn't real excite. Championship is full of them.

jordan210

Looking at who's out of contract this year we could pick up

Willian
Edinson Cavani
Jan Vertonghen
Mario Götze
Pedro
and many many more

More realistically we might be a able to pick up a few out of contract championship players like (random out of contract players)

Sammy Ameobi
Elias Kachunga
Alex Mowatt
Tyler Blackett

in the prem and championship a lot of players out of contract are 30+

Reactions: vow

superskyblue

Willian
Edinson Cavani
Jan Vertonghen
Mario Götze
Pedro
and many many more

More realistically we might be a able to pick up a few out of contract championship players like (random out of contract players)

Sammy Ameobi
Elias Kachunga
Alex Mowatt
Tyler Blackett

Alex Mowatt is v. good and not dissimilar to Walsh. Unfortunately just had his contract extended at Barnsley by a year though.

Yorkshire SB

Willian
Edinson Cavani
Jan Vertonghen
Mario Götze
Pedro
and many many more

Sammy Ameobi
Elias Kachunga
Alex Mowatt
Tyler Blackett

Ameobi no chance, did well last year
Mowatt has signed an extension
Kachunga, Blackett - i'd take them but seem quite of unimaginative signings

Marty

Laurence Shankland would be worth a punt, pretty decent record in the spl and 23/24 years old

Having just googled him, he's a typical signing for us, no clue on his attributes but has a very good record.

Terry Gibson's perm

Wasn’t Shankland at Ayr with Rose so we must have watched him plenty of times already?

Reactions: vow

baldy

My bro's been told by 'a little birdie' that Craig Gardener's apparently going to City from Blues (fuck knows why my bro's talking to little birds though,lockdown must be getting to him)

stay_up_skyblues

Doh.... I thought you meant his younger brother, Gary. Ignore me. Craig Gardener past it and doesn’t fit the MR mould so can’t see any truth in that.

mark82

Laurence Shankland would be worth a punt, pretty decent record in the spl and 23/24 years old

Can't see it. He's who we went up to Scotland to scout when we found Rose. Apparently Shankland isn't the type of player we're looking for though. Not sure he's played SPL yet has he?

Brighton Sky Blue

Can't see it. He's who we went up to Scotland to scout when we found Rose. Apparently Shankland isn't the type of player we're looking for though. Not sure he's played SPL yet has he?

I was arguing we should have gone for him around the time we were trying to replace McNulty. Now I don't think it'd be wise if we're going to continue with the 1 up top.

Winny the Bish

Think Shankland is one of them pure poachers. Not sure he does the amount of running down channels and harrassing defenders MR looks for in a striker.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes my mistake he’s played in the Scottish championship, very good record though 24 goals In 26

Brighton Sky Blue

Think Shankland is one of them pure poachers. Not sure he does the amount of running down channels and harrassing defenders MR looks for in a striker.

He would have been ideal when partnered with someone to do the heavy work, particularly when we were creating chances for fun last season. Wouldn't work in the current setup.

Users who are viewing this thread