Transfer rumours (isn't it nice to talk about football!) (2 Viewers)

larry_david

Sorry I might be being thick where does it mention the fee?

His contract is set to expire in the summer and this report reveals that he has got interest from two teams looking to snap him up at the end of the season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Sorry I might be being thick where does it mention the fee?

His contract is set to expire in the summer and this report reveals that he has got interest from two teams looking to snap him up at the end of the season.
It’s in the original The Sun article which they’ve just rephrased and published. He has a contract at Chelsea until 2021 according to their site

In July 2017 it was announced Ugbo would spend the 2017/18 campaign on loan at Championship club Barnsley, his first spell away from Chelsea. Prior to his move, he signed a new contract until 2021.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Still, would be funny someone calling for the ball from him. YOO HOO!

YOU HOO it's a Celebration, by Cool and the Gang.

giphy.gif

mrtrench

Crikey, I floated Ugbo a couple of days ago as the kind of striker we may go for. I have no inside knowledge at all.

I reckon that if we get another striker, it'll be someone we've never heard of - which was the case with most signings last summer: youth players from other clubs; players from abroad; Bosmans from other sides who were not household names.

I was looking at the Chelsea youth team yesterday. There's quite a few on loan in Europe this year and some of them have been doing well. Now I'm not suggesting that we'd get a forward for free like Dabo, but £1m might bring someone here who isn't ever going to play in the Chelsea first 11 but with time will play in the Premiership. Icke Ugbo for example - 22 next season - now at loan at Roda JC in Holland - contract ends this June - 13 goals, scoring 1 every two games and their top scorer. At 22 it's possibly too late for him now at Chelsea. Someone like that I reckon.

On-Loan Players | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

Users who are viewing this thread