Todd Kane (2 Viewers)

PurpleBin

Not aimed at you, just any boosh accounts, then again if you are boosh go and get some help and stop trolling, life’s to short

I've been signed up here years, definitely not me.

Genuinely not trolling. He posted something that smacked of school hall monitor tell taling which I thought was funny and commented that he was a fucking blouse. No trolling. He then called me a victim and a fucking prick.

Not sure what else to say tbh.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Life is too short, no need to troll thats all I was saying, I am allowed to disagree with your posts when they are wrong, and thats pretty darn often you prick

KenilworthSkyBlue

Ah right... Then yes I think you are right. Could be as has been mentioned that because he has said he'd get help for whatever issues he has, they are willing to give it another go as there is definitely a player in there

Perhaps. It's likely less than ideal for the backroom staff to have to go out and look for a replacement for Kane due to the obvious reasons, so it probably works for both parties that a second chance is given - assuming that's even the case of course.

fernandopartridge

True, but I mean more in terms of 'burning bridges' or whatever the correct label is.

It just seems bizarre that Todd Kane is somehow the exception to the rule when it's not really taken all that much for players in the past to be frozen out by Robins.
The sound of sbb's post suggest that in the age of mental health awareness there might be a bit more to it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greggs

Strangely enough, when I was chatting with Matty G at Paintball he had mentioned that the a few of the senior players had noticed that someone had been shitting in their football boots while they were doing the weekly bleep test. TK a possible candidate? Scandalous if true.

Covkid1968#

I've been signed up here years, definitely not me.

Genuinely not trolling. He posted something that smacked of school hall monitor tell taling which I thought was funny and commented that he was a fucking blouse. No trolling. He then called me a victim and a fucking prick.

Not sure what else to say tbh.
Haven’t seen you on here for ages…. Welcome back mate.

Offhegoes

Kane - going forward, decent. Sound passer, close control and pace alright, and a great crosser. However, he’s not a defender, and lots of the goals we conceded in the latter half of the season came from him being caught out of position. Dabo loves a tackle and a physical duel with an opponent. Dabo is first choice then, no doubt.
So, based on TK’s reputation, and various murmurings, that he might be a bad Apple, Get shot. We’re unlikely to get better in terms of quality, but perhaps a chance for George Burroughs as cover for Dabo.

shmmeee

Kane - going forward, decent. Sound passer, close control and pace alright, and a great crosser. However, he’s not a defender, and lots of the goals we conceded in the latter half of the season came from him being caught out of position. Dabo loves a tackle and a physical duel with an opponent. Dabo is first choice then, no doubt.
So, based on TK’s reputation, and various murmurings, that he might be a bad Apple, Get shot. We’re unlikely to get better in terms of quality, but perhaps a chance for George Burroughs as cover for Dabo.

Jack Burroughs?

chiefdave

Yeah I don't really remember a player ever receiving a reprieve under Robins so it's a bit strange that Todd Kane of all people is seemingly the first to change his mind.
without knowing the actual issue its hard to judge really. given that he's asked for help its possible that it could be something that the club would view similar to an injury insofar as if he can recover from it there's not an issue.

Reactions: AOM

Greggs

without knowing the actual issue its hard to judge really. given that he's asked for help its possible that it could be something that the club would view similar to an injury insofar as if he can recover from it there's not an issue.
If rumours are true, he sounds absolutely mental.

higgs

Cancel contract and pay him off if he's a bad influence or creating issues in the squad could replace with young Burroughs as back up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

I’m not really sure any of that first paragraph is accurate. His first few games his crossing looked a real asset, and he looked technically decent, but both of those things became the exception and not the rule as time went on.

He also isn’t dynamic enough for the system we play, he’s one dimensional and predictable as be only ever has one outlet - attempt to cross it.

And I agree he’s more defensively.

So footballing wise I would prefer him gone and Eccles to cover / a young RWB bought in.

But if he is struggling mentally and has asked for help then that cannot be ignored.

Hopefully he moves on to the benefit of all parties.

The Philosopher

He signed Bright again despite him apparently being an absolute nightmare to manage in his first spell…
To be fair, it was a decent punt. Bright is / was / has huge talent that should / could have made a big impact.

Robins took a gamble that could / should have have paid off. A clean / sober / focused Bright is a Prem quality player worth goals / points / money.

slowpoke

I think it was worth the gamble looks to have cost about 3 months wages, with our budget restraints who can moan about it had the Bright of three years ago turned up we could have been rubbing our hands now.

alexccfc99

To be fair, it was a decent punt. Bright is / was / has huge talent that should / could have made a big impact.

Robins took a gamble that could / should have have paid off. A clean / sober / focused Bright is a Prem quality player worth goals / points / money.

He knew what Bright was like though, being as no other club in England would touch him with a barge pole what made him think he had changed or matured

He doesn’t get a lot wrong but bringing Bright back was a complete waste of money, effort and everybody’s patience

SlowerThanPlatt

This has got to be a wind up. He showed very little intelligence in his play, doubt he would have done much in the Championship

djr8369

Attitude, said to have ruffled some feathers, “lucky to be alive” (from an itk) its only a guess that he has asked for some help
Maybe the lucky to be alive comment wasn’t referring to a spat with another player but something like alcohol/drug abuse?

Maybe we’ll never know.

Regardless, if he has an issue and has asked for help hopefully he receives the correct support.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif
512x512bb.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread